Fountain Gardens

RickMcD

The Wig and Pen is still a thriving donkey market.

In more recent times , of course , the donkey market business has expanded and opened up a popular outlet in the Govan area. .

I believe the owners only lease the site but they do have performing donkeys too , some of which are very well paid. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

I'm scared to look any further around this site, please stop posting this stuff, I'll report you. :wacko:

PS Send the link to Shull, his blaw up Betty is almost worn out. :P

I have searched (genuinely) but can't find an inflatable one of them...

Not one called Betty, at any rate. :)

http://www.633168.com/english/chanpins.asp?eid=14&PicClassID=126

Meant to say, you would have thought they would have removed the "barnacles" as they were sore as f**k on your feet when having a paddle. lol.gif

I'd forgotten about that. You're absolutely right. I remember a great summer in the early 50's sneaking up to the Foontin. I lived in the Gockston prefabs and I was well warned they were too far away to go to but of course that made it even more attractive. We went up in bare feet and jumped in the Fountain and it was bloody sore. I let it slip to my mother that I'd hurt my foot and she got the truth out of me so I ended up getting a skelpin'.

• 3 weeks later...