Protocol Regarding The Flashing Of Headlights

shull

When I took my final driving lesson , the one immediately before my test , my instructor told me "Drive like this in your test and he could fail you ,for not making normal progress "

l had been driving around Glenburn , at no more than 25mph, during that final lesson . I went and sat my test "made normal progress" and passed. .

I don't flash my light at people , who , don't make normal progress but l see other drivers getting frustrated . .

While driving along the duel carriageway to work today at my normal 70 mph I was closing in on a truck.

As I got closer I indicated to let other motorists know I was looking to pull into the outside lane.

Now, at this stage, If I was in the outside lane, and behind the said car indicating, I would slightly reduce my speed, flash my lights to let the driver who was getting closer to the truck out into the outside lane.

I think that's common courtesy.

Not the nice lady driver who was toddling along this morning, oh, no, boxed me in, I was almost in beside the truck driver, before I could get into the outside lane.

She never glanced or batted an eyelid. One of these drivers who think "If I don't look at that car it doesn't exist".........................fcukng bitch! mad.gif

ETA Is flashing my lights in this instance allowed? whistling.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Put yir shades on Boss and keep yir cool.

There are too many selfish and dreadful motorists out there.

Count to ten then smile and drive on.

Some drivers think you are trying to steal their soul, never mind trying to access the space in front of their vehicle.

I've had cars speeding up to close off space rather than let me move into their lane.

Very poor drivers and awful human beings.

Put yir shades on Boss and keep yir cool.

There are too many selfish and dreadful motorists out there.

Count to ten then smile and drive on.

Some drivers think you are trying to steal their soul, never mind trying to access the space in front of their vehicle.

I've had cars speeding up to close off space rather than let me move into their lane.

Very poor drivers and awful human beings.

if for a good reason then i would let you in,but if you were obviously queue jumping then i'd block you, the worst place i've experienced queue jumping is on the M8 heading west at the right hand lane turn off before going under the tunnel and on to the kingston bridge,you get people jumping the queue and when nobody lets them in they have blocked that lane and held up those who are in that lane to turn off

Guest TPAFKATS

Even worse directly underneath that stretch of M8 where left lane is slip road to M8 and right continues up to start of Maryhill Road. At least they are generally driving slower on this road though.

Revenge drivers are poor drivers also as they are just behaving as bad as the selfish yins.

Rise above the pish and let them in with a smile.

Their wave of thanks might be the best thing to happen to you aw day. holiday.gifbye1.gif

While driving along the duel carriageway to work today at my normal 70 mph I was closing in on a truck.

As I got closer I indicated to let other motorists know I was looking to pull into the outside lane.

Now, at this stage, If I was in the outside lane, and behind the said car indicating, I would slightly reduce my speed, flash my lights to let the driver who was getting closer to the truck out into the outside lane.

Not the nice lady driver who was toddling along this morning, oh, no, boxed me in, I was almost in beside the truck driver, before I could get into the outside lane.

She never glanced or batted an eyelid. One of these drivers who think "If I don't look at that car it doesn't exist".........................fcukng bitch! mad.gif

I say , steady on , that was a bit strong. .

Seriously , I have also had vehicles in a similar position , like you were in, only they wait 'til one is almost along side their vehicle and then they stick on the indicator(you might not even get an indication) and then pull into the gap in front . Luckily , l have ABS and my reactions are quite quick. .

I say , steady on , that was a bit strong. .

Seriously , I have also had vehicles in a similar position , like you were in, only they wait 'til one is almost along side their vehicle and then they stick on the indicator(you might not even get an indication) and then pull into the gap in front . Luckily , l have ABS and my reactions are quite quick. .

Nice story. ;)

Revenge drivers are poor drivers also as they are just behaving as bad as the selfish yins.

Rise above the pish and let them in with a smile.

Their wave of thanks might be the best thing to happen to you aw day. holiday.gifbye1.gif

unfortunately queue jumpers are hardly the type to give a wave,don't know where the revenge part comes into it ? don't let queue jumpers in and you'll feel great as you've just dingied a bully.

unfortunately queue jumpers are hardly the type to give a wave,don't know where the revenge part comes into it ? don't let queue jumpers in and you'll feel great as you've just dingied a bully.

Are those wanting in the queue not supposed to be let in one at a time at the front of the queue ?

Best way in my opinion.

Are those wanting in the queue not supposed to be let in one at a time at the front of the queue ?

Best way in my opinion.

The queue jumping thing is a pain in the ass, Shull. They rely on a sap letting them in. There's the odd half blind idiot who doesn't know what he's done but the bulk of them do. As somebody else always says, F*CK EM.

Guest TPAFKATS

Think the official view from policeon queuing lanes was that traffic should use both lanes until the merge to reduce congestion. Different from cars using lanes that they know come off and trying to jump into adjacent lane at last minute though.

Think the official view from policeon queuing lanes was that traffic should use both lanes until the merge to reduce congestion. Different from cars using lanes that they know come off and trying to jump into adjacent lane at last minute though.

Correct. Indeed in some countries it is a rule of the road. Think Germany calls it zip merging

Naw

Best way in my opinion.

no,the people waiting in the queue have been aware of the situation and rightly joined the end of the queue,people driving to the front of the queue are either queue jumping and causing another lane to be blocked (not showing due consideration of other motorists) or they are unaware of the situation and are therefore damned poor drivers,

merging in turn is a great thing when a lane is blocked or closed for roadworks.

if you drive responsibly, leaving a gap between you and the car in front and some selfish git nips into the gap,they are compromising your safety and should be shot - preferably in the buttocks so that they cant sit and drive their car until the wounds heal.2guns.gif

Edited by buddiecat