A9 Average Speed Cameras

shull

90 mph?????

TBH people driving at that speed on that road deserve to have their license pulled.

That's absolutely fecking crazy.

This is the sort of reckless nonsense those cameras werre installed to try and prevent.

Nobody should be put at risk by this behaviour when they are trying to get home to their families.

Surprised it took a few days for a bite :P

seriously though, I'm in Dornoch just now after travelling up yesterday. My average speed for the trip between Perth and Inverness was 49.5mph and that was going faster on dual carriageway sections.

Most single carriageway sections my speed was around 40mph and cars were trying silly overtaking manoeuvres. This is the real danger and average speed cameras won't change this.

Surprised it took a few days for a bite tongue.png

seriously though, I'm in Dornoch just now after travelling up yesterday. My average speed for the trip between Perth and Inverness was 49.5mph and that was going faster on dual carriageway sections.

Most single carriageway sections my speed was around 40mph and cars were trying silly overtaking manoeuvres. This is the real danger and average speed cameras won't change this.

Um, one guys anecdotal evidence against the documented evidence that average speed cameras reduce accidents - I know which I consider more reliable.

Heading south again now and I must say there are a lot of impatient drivers on the single carriageway sections.

They should take their time and use these slow moving sections to eat some lunch, have a drink, check emails, browse and post on football forums...

Heading south again now and I must say there are a lot of impatient drivers on the single carriageway sections.

They should take their time and use these slow moving sections to eat some lunch, have a drink, check emails, browse and post on football forums...

I'm more concerned that your message implies your using you're phone to inform us while driving :P Edited by whydowebother

I`d much rather they cracked down on bad driving & inconsiderate road users.

Mobile phone users, map readers , tailgaters, people who have no hazard awareness..... Old guys wearing hats !! happy.png

Why does it have to "or"?

Why not accept that this will stop speeders and then look at other measures for other crimes?

Surprised it took a few days for a bite tongue.png

Aw FFS sorry.gif I thought I felt a hook in my mouth.

The speed cameras aren't designed to stop overtaking and nobody is claiming they are.

They are designed to stop one set of criminals at a stroke. Other measures will catch the others.

Keeping our roads safe will be a case of eradicating one set of twats after another until so few of us are using cars that the traffic jams end up being cured as well.

No single tool. A series of anti-twattery devices is needed.

Eh??? Now you are advocating that people ..............hang on.....I see what you're trying to do.

You're not hooking Oaky today. You'll have to look elsewhere for your dinner.

Edited by oaksoft

I`d much rather they cracked down on bad driving & inconsiderate road users.

Mobile phone users, map readers , tailgaters, people who have no hazard awareness..... Old guys wearing hats !! happy.png

Everybody wearing hats while driving, One year ban.

Isn't speeding an offence under the road traffic act? If so, and things haven't changed in the last 15 years or so, then it doesn't constitute a criminal offence.

Maybe you need to have lost someone due to a twat speeding to see things in that light.

When you then realise that the majority of speeding drivers are intentionally speeding it's hard not to understand why a number of bereaved families consider their loved ones to have been murdered.

As a policeman once told me - if you want to murder someone simply run them down in your car and make it look like an accident and you'll possibly serve no sentence at all.

OR we can simply split hairs over legal interpretation.

• 2 weeks later...

Copy & paste?

Need to register...

Can`t show image but here is the story.

A flock of sheep loose on the A9 caused traffic chaos during the rush hour last night.

The livestock managed to get onto the Inverness to Perth road, between the A9 and A889 Dalwhinne to Laggan Bridge road just after 5pm, and caused disruption in both directions.

The sheep were safely rounded up by their farmer at around 6pm.