Smisa Increase Shareholding In St.mirren

millport

I don't grudge them the sale at all but the longer this goes on and the longer they turn down investment (SMISA) then you could argue that they are not doing the following?

"make decisions for the benefit of the company, not yourself"

Turning down SMISA offer for investment is for the benefit of who?

In effect, they ARE the company. One and the same thing. Whatever benefits them benefits the company and vice versa.

It should also be remembered that the directors work for the company for free and have never paid a dividend

and yet some folk claim they run the company purely for personal gain

If it were for personal gain, I could think of better things to pump my money into.

If you inject £50,000 into a business then I would imagine that, theoretically, the value of the shares goes up by £50,000.

If that £50,000 was raised by issuing £50,000 worth of shares then I would imagine that would dilute the total value of shares by £50,000.

Therefore no net difference.

!

apart from the fact there would then be £ 50 k more cash available for the club to use

• 1 month later...

If I give smisa my proxy can i take it back at any given point? What would i need to do to give my proxy? Is it just enough that i say i would vote with smisa (if i agree with the way they are voting) or does there need to be something formal in writing?

yes, it is not a permanent transaction

a proxy vote is only applicable to voting at a single meeting (eg AGM) where a form would need to be signed and dated by yourself.

only recently at the club agm, smisa was given proxy by one person which was a bit of a trial to see how it worked

the way it would be organised is that beforehand and over a period of time smisa would keep a list of names of people who might be willing to give smisa their proxy vote

smisa, a few days before the vote would contact people on the list to advise of the trusts voting intentions and send out a blank form

if the individual was still happy to give proxy they would sign and return the form

smisa would vote at said meeting which would obviously give more weight depending on total shareholding vote (eg 5000smisa shares and 3200 proxy shares)

the reason for advising beforehand of our voting intentions would be in case the person giving the proxy disagreed with smisas voting intentions, this is not a legal compulsory requirement for proxy votes but we feel out of courtesy this is the right thing to do

I would ask that if anyone is prepared to provide proxy voting at any time to pm me or contact smisa (website etc etc) and let us know, someone will then be in touch, youll be added to the list and then a few weeks before any vote we will be in touch again

beyond that as mentioned earlier even before any voting is planned we're hoping that with smisa current shareholding plus number of proxy shares on the list will add up to the 10% plus this would provide a collective demand rights eg to see detailed accounts, requesting an egm etc etc

im writing to the club secretary shortly for confirmation on that last point and will advise

thanks

Edited by thewhiteman

yes, it is not a permanent transaction

a proxy vote is only applicable to voting at a single meeting (eg AGM) where a form would need to be signed and dated by yourself.

only recently at the club agm, smisa was given proxy by one person which was a bit of a trial to see how it worked

the way it would be organised is that beforehand and over a period of time smisa would keep a list of names of people who might be willing to give smisa their proxy vote

smisa, a few days before the vote would contact people on the list to advise of the trusts voting intentions and send out a blank form

if the individual was still happy to give proxy they would sign and return the form

smisa would vote at said meeting which would obviously give more weight depending on total shareholding vote (eg 5000smisa shares and 3200 proxy shares)

the reason for advising beforehand of our voting intentions would be in case the person giving the proxy disagreed with smisas voting intentions, this is not a legal compulsory requirement for proxy votes but we feel out of courtesy this is the right thing to do

I would ask that if anyone is prepared to provide proxy voting at any time to pm me or contact smisa (website etc etc) and let us know, someone will then be in touch, youll be added to the list and then a few weeks before any vote we will be in touch again

beyond that as mentioned earlier even before any voting is planned we're hoping that with smisa current shareholding plus number of proxy shares on the list will add up to the 10% plus this would provide a collective demand rights eg to see detailed accounts, requesting an egm etc etc

im writing to the club secretary shortly for confirmation on that last point and will advise

thanks

i'm happy to give you my vote under those terms, I'll join at the weekend, what details will you need.

forgot to add, a report / notes from the meeting was sent to the person who provided the proxy, again out of courtesy to let them know what happened at the meeting due to them not being able to attend, this would be a standard routine any time in the future

I'm not a shareholder but think I'd rather attend the AGM than give up that right.

I'm not a shareholder but think I'd rather attend the AGM than give up that right.

You will not be attending any AGM because they will not be held if the club sells 75 per cent of shares, ie they will change the articles of the club,as they can to stop this requirement and their is nowt we can do about it.However if SMiSA can get a 10 percent holding it them the power to hold an EGM and have the accounts audited , giving the fans some control, without which they can do what they like,including selling the ground