Be Careful Cooking That Chicken

Make fun of this all you like but trust me you never want to catch campylobacter.

I'll second that.

It's like having the flu but with a constant pounding sore head and constant shitting through the eye of a needle.

No idea what I got it from, but as I used to work in a bacteriology lab which dealt with food poisoning, I worked out what I had during mid infection when the blood in the stools appeared. That was a scary moment.

The Doctor wouldn't prescribe me the necessary antibiotics until the lab confirmed the infection. Campylobacter is a bit of a bastard to grow and takes longer than your salmonella or clostridium to diagnose, so I had to wait an extra day or two.

Anyway, once my diagnosis was confirmed I was prescribed Erythromycin which started to clear it up within a couple of days.

I survived on rice krispies and white toast as I didn't want any sort of fibre near my digestive system.

It lasted for 8 days and I lost half a stone.

The day that I was finally able to fart without following through was a joyful moment!laugh.png

FTOF,

As I wrote further back caught it while working in West Africa thought I was going to die. Company sent me to bed recovered after week but still had a few weeks left before returning to the UK. I ate tins of baked beans nothing else for three weeks too scared to try anything else.

On my returned the UK went straight to the doctor and explained what happened , because it was Africa would he do a blood test. The campylobacter was laying dormant in my gut which is scary because if I was not in Africa I would not have asked for a blood test. Was told if not treated would have turned into cancer. FTOF hope you did not catch it from me ! Did Sandra work in the lab when you were there :

BuddieinEK , Oysters slightly grilled with tobacco sauce , however you are right like mussels they feed by filtering its food so if bad waste ( use your imagination ) is in the sea it will be caught up in Qysters or mussels in turn making you feel hellish bad.

In the trade we have a saying never eat such shell fish in the moths that don't have an R.

That means warmer months where bacteria can grow rapidly compered to R months with cooler weather.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Has there been a shipment of super strength exotic greenery arrived in Arbroath recently?whistling.gif

Ok, let's cover it up that your licking my arse......................................yes, of course there has. lol.gif

Time to end this, it might be taken TOO seriously........................that's what you want me to say, right? whistling.gif

Water?

I thought you would come up with that . Water is not a beverage . .

soft drink
n.
1. A nonalcoholic, flavored, carbonated beverage, usually commercially prepared and sold in bottles or cans.
2. A serving of this beverage. In both senses also called soda pop; also called regionally cold drink, drink, pop1, soda, soda water, tonic

Guest TPAFKATS

FTOF,

As I wrote further back caught it while working in West Africa thought I was going to die. Company sent me to bed recovered after week but still had a few weeks left before returning to the UK. I ate tins of baked beans nothing else for three weeks too scared to try anything else.

On my returned the UK went straight to the doctor and explained what happened , because it was Africa would he do a blood test. The campylobacter was laying dormant in my gut which is scary because if I was not in Africa I would not have asked for a blood test. Was told if not treated would have turned into cancer. FTOF hope you did not catch it from me ! Did Sandra work in the lab when you were there :

BuddieinEK , Oysters slightly grilled with tobacco sauce , however you are right like mussels they feed by filtering its food so if bad waste ( use your imagination ) is in the sea it will be caught up in Qysters or mussels in turn making you feel hellish bad.

In the trade we have a saying never eat such shell fish in the moths that don't have an R.

That means warmer months where bacteria can grow rapidly compered to R months with cooler weather.

Baked beans!!!

That was brave...or foolish!

The sooner Div sets up an ignore option that prevents us from having to see quotes from the wankers with a personality bypass, that we've got on ignore, the better.

I mean; what sort of odious wind bag would look down on people because they lived on a council estate?

Edited by FTOF

The sooner Div sets up an ignore option that prevents us from having to see quotes from the wankers with a personality bypass, that we've got on ignore, the better.

I mean; what sort of odious wind bag would look down on people because they lived on a council estate?

Ach, just let it pass over you.

Oaky lives in "weird world" where he has no friends, never does anything worthwhile so he likes to feel he's better than everyone else.

I just enjoy the banter................................and he's amusing in a point and laugh type of way.

PS It's fun to laugh at people getting their knickers in a twist about a football strip. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Origin

Middle English: from Old French bevrage, based on Latin bibere 'to drink'.

Now, unless you're telling me that water isn't drank (or drunk, whatever) ...

If you Google it, there are different definitions. Some say "except water", some say " usually excluding water" and some just say " any drinkable liquid". I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

As for "soft drink", there are different definitions for that, too. Some say " carbonated", some "usually, but not necessarily, carbonated" and others say "any nonalcoholic beverage". Another agree to disagree situation, I think.

The definition that says : n.

any drinkable liquid.
[1250–1300; Middle English < Anglo-French] , maybe an older definition , not archaic , but certainly older due to some words having altered meanings in more recent times . It is only fairly recently that I discovered that water was not being included as a beverage . Perhaps the recent rise in popularity of bottles water has led to this . .

f4986803f434b17de256dddf3cdceb62.jpg