Artificial Turf

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS

Lots of grades, depends on whether you have pets and how much you want to spend.

Might be worth paying for the installation as you have some comeback and it should be a good flat job if done by experienced guys.

Edited by TPAFKATS

B&Q do some, I think, they usually have "How to" sheets for these things.

I'd consider going down this route depending on the quality as the area i'm talking about, 14' x 18', isn't massive and pretty straight.

Lots of grades, depends on whether you have pets and how much you want to spend.

Might be worth paying for the installation as you have some comeback and it should be a good flat job if done by experienced guys.

I've e-mailed a company asking for a quote for average quality with installation & without installation.

I'd consider going down this route depending on the quality as the area i'm talking about, 14' x 18', isn't massive and pretty straight.

I've e-mailed a company asking for a quote for average quality with installation & without installation.

A carpet fitter wid dae.

Has anyone laid artificial turf?

I'm considering this as can't be arsed with the fortnightly grass cutting ritual.

I was on holiday earlier this year and the hotel had a sunbathing area that was artificial turf and was top quality.

Suggestions/prices?

NO...but if laid a few mingers in my time...............whistling.gif

About 40 quid a square metre for a decent grade with a bit of length, your type 1 and sand shouldn't cost too much, like some1 has said you'd be best to get someone who knows what they are doing if your looking for a nice flat finished surface.

About 40 quid a square metre for a decent grade with a bit of length, your type 1 and sand shouldn't cost too much, like some1 has said you'd be best to get someone who knows what they are doing if your looking for a nice flat finished surface.

Aye, that (£40) seems to at the top end of the scale but would be better quality and long term that would be better.

Cheers.

Shite idea, any areas under trees or areas which don't have heavy traffic will end up covered in growth.

Hard work to keep this stuff looking good in the long run.

No trees in back garden but I'm aware it'll need some maintenance but real grass needs considerable work.

I'm also needing a new lawnmower so the cost could go towards the artificial turf.thumbup2.gif

Just received a quote for my 14' x 18' lawn.......................£9,000 ohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.png

Sorry, I'm loving cutting the grass. laugh.png

They reckon this comes to 225 sq metres. Someone can't work out square feet to square metres.

I calculated closer to 26.5 sq meters.

Just asked them to recalculate.

Edited by faraway saint

Just received a quote for my 14' x 18' lawn.......................£9,000 ohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.png

Sorry, I'm loving cutting the grass. laugh.png

They reckon this comes to 225 sq metres. Someone can't work out square feet to square metres.

I calculated closer to 26.5 sq meters.

Just asked them to recalculate.

FFS

You could buy my hoose for that.