Scratchcards

Buddiecat, have you tried contacting the fans council for clarification on the scratchcards and your concerns about the sellers?

No

Don't need clarification it is clear as day on the link from Mr optimistic.

The seller - probably somebodies poor wean, made to work for her pocket money, in fact strike the poor bit they should all have to work for it, i know i did and so did my kids.

Edited by buddiecat

lol.gif don't hold back

Anybody remember the football cards on the supporters buses from yesteryear?

The put your name in box affair where you chose a football team and the sticker was pulled back to

reveal the winning team?

More than a couple of buses used to pull the sticker back the night before and leave it

under the bedpost to reseal, thereby giving them a fly tenner or twenty quid to

get the cairry oot for the bus convener and his cronies? lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

The greedy cùnts used to moan that they got fùck aw fae the drivers

bunnet collection invariably made on the approach tae paisley. clap.gifclap.gif

The cards are basically still the same, apart from the hidden team now being under a scratch away section, no more sneaking a peak, but the amount of times it's won by certain folk makes me wonder if they have a code on them that will allow the seller to identify the winning team.

Scratch For Saints - scratch cards

A few facts - this initiative was created by the Fans Council in order that more regular funds could be raised to support the club and the initiatives generated by saints supporters . The initial printing of the cards was financed by Sports Catering ( the Pie and Bovril stands) who have sponsorship on the back of every card

40% of all revenue is paid out on Winnings.

Any business who sells the card retains a profit with the balance going to the Scratch card project fund.

The 1st identified use of the fund is for a set of goals for the youth team.

Future uses will be identified and supporters will be given the opportunity to vote to decide which is more popular

You have to be over 16 to sell them and buy them

All sellers to date have been volunteers from the Fanscouncil and are all over 16

Full time sellers roles were advertised on St.mirren websites and social media but as yet they have not commenced

The funds from scratch cards are NOT funding the build of the supporters club - this was funded by the founder fees and the football club .

The reason that buses were approached was to provide an additional source of funding for the bus ( the same profit /commission is retained as the supporting local businesses)

So in summary the initiative has been designed by supporters for supporters

So You will be supporting your business , your bus , your club ,your team if/when you buy a Sratch for Saints card

COYS Supporters !

A few facts - this initiative was created by the Fans Council in order that more regular funds could be raised to support the club and the initiatives generated by saints supporters . The initial printing of the cards was financed by Sports Catering ( the Pie and Bovril stands) who have sponsorship on the back of every card

Any business who sells the card retains a profit with the balance going to the Scratch card project fund.

Future uses will be identified and supporters will be given the opportunity to vote to decide which is more popular

All sellers to date have been volunteers from the Fanscouncil and are all over 16

Full time sellers roles were advertised on St.mirren websites and social media but as yet they have not commenced

The funds from scratch cards are NOT funding the build of the supporters club - this was funded by the founder fees and the football club .

The reason that buses were approached was to provide an additional source of funding for the bus ( the same profit /commission is retained as the supporting local businesses)

So You will be supporting your business , your bus , your club ,your team if/when you buy a Sratch for Saints card

COYS Supporters !

That should be the end of it but having watched the original poster make a complete fool of himself with posts in this thread I doubt it!!!! lol.gif

That should be the end of it but having watched the original poster make a complete fool of himself with posts in this thread I doubt it!!!! lol.gif

Now see, i could have left it after the explanation from 1877smfc, but you had to go and stick this up in an attempt to make me look foolish. I am not one to back down when i am not wrong.

So can you explain why an FC member approached the SMISA board and stated quite categorically that they had £1000 left from the golf day and had offered it to David longwell for whatever purpose he needed it for, he stated he needed a set of goals at £2000 and the FC asked if we would go 50-50 on them, SMISA agreed and told David so, now the FC are stating they need to raise the money for the goals ?

4 SMISA members had a meeting to discuss this with David and he confirmed a few points which were a bit odd looking at first, we accepted his explanation and he confirmed the FC had told him they were giving him the £1000 left from the golf day.

I have made a fool of myself on here before and probably will again (posting while over the limit is not a good idea) I usually appologise for those posts because i know i was wrong, i am not wrong here and although it's a very small amount and not really worth dragging on and on about, i will not ignore being called a fool when i am not being foolish.

Incidentally this just gives a bit more info on why the original request looked a bit odd to me at the time and maybe needed more consideration, however the youths need the goals for January and SMISA will pay their share when required.

COYS Supporters !

So every ST holder and matchday ticket buyer is funding the build of a Private Members bar???

What a shocking abuse of club funds, I Bet most supporters believe their ticket purchase is going towards inproving the squad, developing youth..?

Not on an old pals club.

Maybe Alex Rae asked to have a private members bar instead of the money to bring in much needed experience in the January window?

Have to thank 1877SMFC for exposing this, I hope he/she wont shirk at blowing the whistle on any other scandal they uncover!

I dare say the club is part funding the supporters bar because the club will be able to use it on non match days to generate revenue for the club.

It seems some people just want to be 100% negative about everything related to the club at the moment.

I dare say the club is part funding the supporters bar because the club will be able to use it on non match days to generate revenue for the club.

It seems some people just want to be 100% negative about everything related to the club at the moment.

Not really fair Div, i am very upbeat about our current situation - even after just one win for the new manager, i have pointed out what i thought was wrong with the request for buses to take scratchcards ( 50 cards at 10p = £5 and the bus can sell a football card and and make £25, but struggle to sell a card every week without having competition from elsewhere) so it is not a well thought out idea to ask them to sell scratchcards, which at the time had ANY fans council project as a benefactor, now it seems the profit will be used to fund something that already had funding money set aside for.

I am not 100% negative about Saints, if i was then i would not give my time to SMISA.

The trouble here is that because you have said it there are those who hang on your every word who will accept it as true

Smisa and the fans council should hold a wrestling contest at half times to raise cash.

Not on, even though i know you mean it in jest, i have said before that the FC do good work, but in this case as a bus member i am thinking about the financial stability of our funds, and voicing my opinion that it would be a bad idea to sell their cards, then as a SMISA member i am being vigilant as to what our members money gets spent on. Hopefully the members will see and appreciate both concerns.

Not really fair Div, i am very upbeat about our current situation - even after just one win for the new manager, i have pointed out what i thought was wrong with the request for buses to take scratchcards ( 50 cards at 10p = £5 and the bus can sell a football card and and make £25, but struggle to sell a card every week without having competition from elsewhere) so it is not a well thought out idea to ask them to sell scratchcards, which at the time had ANY fans council project as a benefactor, now it seems the profit will be used to fund something that already had funding money set aside for.

I am not 100% negative about Saints, if i was then i would not give my time to SMISA.

The trouble here is that because you have said it there are those who hang on your every word who will accept it as true

People make their own minds up about members on the forum based solely on what they post.

I see an initiative here that is trying something new, to try and raise some more funds that will go into improving the club.

It might work, it might not but people are putting their own time and energy into giving it a go.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy a scratchcard, nobody is forcing the buses to take cards.

So you'll forgive me if I can't really get why there is any real reason to have an argument about it. All just looks like an excuse to start a bun fight between SMiSA and the FC, and I can't really see in what way that is going to benefit anyone.

The idea of approaching buses was due to feedback that some buses for some games run at a loss. It is recognised that these dedicated Supporters should be given every possible means of help.The solution was to give an Additional form of income stream NOT to replace any existing income streams - The commission offered is 20p a ticket and there it is not limited to a number of cards . There is a winning ticket ratio of 4 in 100. Top prizes are £100 . So in every £100 sold , buyers get £40 back , bus gets £20 , leaving £40 to fund future fan supported initiatives. This means by Supporting Scratch Cards you are Supporting all avenues.

Note - Every losing ticket is also retained for prize draws for SMFC products etc

How someone can get so upset about supporters buses being asked if they would sell a 1 pound scratchcard beggars belief!!! If you don't like the idea don't buy one. If the buses decide not to take them then fine. Simples really.

Maybe you could enlighten us with your ideas to raise cash for the club? Mind you it's so much easier to snipe from the sidelines.

People make their own minds up about members on the forum based solely on what they post.

I see an initiative here that is trying something new, to try and raise some more funds that will go into improving the club.

It might work, it might not but people are putting their own time and energy into giving it a go.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy a scratchcard, nobody is forcing the buses to take cards.

So you'll forgive me if I can't really get why there is any real reason to have an argument about it. All just looks like an excuse to start a bun fight between SMiSA and the FC, and I can't really see in what way that is going to benefit anyone.

Didn't start as a bun fight between the 2 i thought it was a club initiative and was told i was wrong, but anyone can see why i thought so as Brian Caldwell is in the promotional pic and they are called the new official CLUB cards, Mr Optimistic turned it into a bun fight and i will not back off because he seeks and fails to brand me as being foolish here, i've already stated in my reply to you why i think it was a bad idea. You in fact started on me by calling me 100% negative.

Not exactly on topic but I've meant to join smisa although when I see prominent members (I'm assuming buddiecat is a member of their committee) doing down others then it does their reputation no good and puts me right off them.

If buddiecat is not on the smisa committee then I apologise, it's just that he/she seems to make official statements on their behalf and when I see the same poster making dismissive remarks about other organisations and initiatives around the club then I questions smisas own agenda.

If smisa committee members ever realise their goal of club ownership then they might eventually appreciate the efforts of the people in the fans council or partnerships with the local university instead of sniping at them.

How someone can get so upset about supporters buses being asked if they would sell a 1 pound scratchcard beggars belief!!! If you don't like the idea don't buy one. If the buses decide not to take them then fine. Simples really.

Maybe you could enlighten us with your ideas to raise cash for the club? Mind you it's so much easier to snipe from the sidelines.

Quite a few ideas in fact, but still working on them at SMISA meetings and here in my humble home, so can't enlighten on them as yet. I have been at 20 - 25 meetings and attended a supporters conference at Hampden all for what i see as being for the good of the club - hardly sitting on the sidelines.

Not exactly on topic but I've meant to join smisa although when I see prominent members (I'm assuming buddiecat is a member of their committee) doing down others then it does their reputation no good and puts me right off them.

If buddiecat is not on the smisa committee then I apologise, it's just that he/she seems to make official statements on their behalf and when I see the same poster making dismissive remarks about other organisations and initiatives around the club then I questions smisas own agenda.

If smisa committee members ever realise their goal of club ownership then they might eventually appreciate the efforts of the people in the fans council or partnerships with the local university instead of sniping at them.

I make no official statements on behalf of SMISA, i have said before these are my own words. Official SMISA statements come from people posting under the SMISA avatar, if it helps i have been criticised by SMISA committee members for some of my posts, i speak my mind and sometimes people don't agree, that's life.

I make no official statements on behalf of SMISA, i have said before these are my own words. Official SMISA statements come from people posting under the SMISA avatar, if it helps i have been criticised by SMISA committee members for some of my posts, i speak my mind and sometimes people don't agree, that's life.

I get that but you need to realise that when you're on the committee of an organisation then what you say personally will reflect on that organisation.

It's like Donald trump calling for a ban on Muslims entering America then saying it's his own thoughts and nothing to do with his bid for the presidency.

But sniping at initiatives like the scoreboard which brings in money on a weekly basis does you no good. It's like you dismiss all others efforts and value only your own.

I look forward to seeing some of your own initiatives coming to fruition and will support them for the good of the club.

I get that but you need to realise that when you're on the committee of an organisation then what you say personally will reflect on that organisation.

It's like Donald trump calling for a ban on Muslims entering America then saying it's his own thoughts and nothing to do with his bid for the presidency.

But sniping at initiatives like the scoreboard which brings in money on a weekly basis does you no good. It's like you dismiss all others efforts and value only your own.

I look forward to seeing some of your own initiatives coming to fruition and will support them for the good of the club.

I get that as well, i also get that my posts go OTT sometimes, i do try and cool it these days - honestly.

There you go just making shit up again. It is really poor form when the website owner seeks to put saints fan, agsinst saints fan.

The idea of approaching buses was due to feedback that some buses for some games run at a loss. It is recognised that these dedicated Supporters should be given every possible means of help.The solution was to give an Additional form of income stream NOT to replace any existing income streams - The commission offered is 20p a ticket and there it is not limited to a number of cards . There is a winning ticket ratio of 4 in 100. Top prizes are £100 . So in every £100 sold , buyers get £40 back , bus gets £20 , leaving £40 to fund future fan supported initiatives. This means by Supporting Scratch Cards you are Supporting all avenues.

Note - Every losing ticket is also retained for prize draws for SMFC products etc

That is by far the funniest thing I Have read in years..!

So the only reason the FC brought in Scratchcards was to Save the supporters buses. by getting them to sell FC scratchcards that MIGHT! Make them a fiver, as opposed to their own football cards that make them £25....

I am tempted to say 'ye couldnae make it up!'.... But apparently you actually can.

Am I missing something here?

FC "Do you want to sell scratch cards that will raise money for various projects and commission for the supporters buses?"

SB "No thanks, we make more money from our own scratch cards"

FC " OK"

Buddiecat & Lord Pityme " argue.gif "

FFS bangin.gif

Edited by davidg

but anyone can see why i thought so as Brian Caldwell is in the promotional pic and they are called the new official CLUB cards,

That's because the Fans Council are officially a part of the club, ergo their initiatives are club initiatives. Also, there were a number of stories and articles where the FC were looking for scratchcard sellers and that was supported by the club. I'll be honest, I'd take a card on the bus though can see why the buses don't take them up as the buses do have their own and I do support that when on a bus.

Such a total non-issue. Club has idea, club asks buses to assist and buses say no. Oh that Stewart Gilmour, ooooh that pesky Fans Council, gyaaaaaah the members bar.

Edited by TsuMirren