Darren Jackson

shull

Why did he get into such a state though? Gambling? Shafted in business deals? Another reason?

Any sympathy for his plight is surely dependent on the circumstances that have lead to his current situation.

Any time I hear the name 'Darren Jackson' I think of one thing - him running the ball into the corners at Braehead and wasting time... In Shuggie's testimonial 6s tourney. The whole place booed him.

I sympathise to a point, but his use of a tax avoidance scheme is similar to the what Oldco did. This debt is to HMRC. You don't offer the same condolences to Oldco, so what is the difference?

It's the bankruptcy that elicits my sympathy. A guy who did work in my hoose went into bankruptcy cos his wife's beauty/gym business failed. He's a conscientious, hard working guy but her dream was unsustainable. They had two kids. They had a terrible time.

I have no idea what brought Jackson to his position.

Ah. I see.

A fillum scheme! Always a dark hole for shifty funds.

Lots of players got burnt fingers there, and there is some sympathy for them (more fitted to working with their feet and not their brains) having no idea (other than that such wrinkles were too good to be true) what was really involved.

Rangers, as a 'massive' business organisation - with 500 million worldwide fans - should have known better... especially as their beloved Majesty needs her funds to get all the money she is due to pay for the poor and underprivileged, as well as the Forces, hospitals and Trident...

A lot of people got hefty tax bills from HMRC when this little bubble burst. Well, almost because the scheme is still in dispute with the Tax Tribunal but new powers mean that HMRC can issue accelerated notices demanding payment before it has been concluded that the arrangements don't work. Lawyers are demanding that HMRC lose the power to bankrupt before the final conclusion of the tribunals and are also watching the £ signs roll before their eyes as they calculate the fees for the tribunals, the appeals and the big winner. They are presently drawing up a case to sue the firms who advised clients to invest in this.

A lot of big names are involved like the Beckhams, Robbie Williams, a couple of Spice Girls and more Premiership players than you can shake a stick at. Lots of fun times ahead.

Former agent John Viola also made bankrupt in the last few days after being involved in a similar scheme involving films. Think it partly led to Keith Gillespie's downfall too - and Gary Teale was involved in one as this link from a few months ago shows: http://news.stv.tv/west-central/308290-high-profile-scottish-football-figures-in-sweat-over-tax-avoidance-scheme/

Former agent John Viola also made bankrupt in the last few days after being involved in a similar scheme involving films. Think it partly led to Keith Gillespie's downfall too - and Gary Teale was involved in one as this link from a few months ago shows: http://news.stv.tv/west-central/308290-high-profile-scottish-football-figures-in-sweat-over-tax-avoidance-scheme/

Has anyone seen any of the movies these cnuts made? The last film I saw was 'Spectre', it was rather good. Didn't see Darren Jackson's name in the credits.

Hurrumph.

I sympathise to a point, but his use of a tax avoidance scheme is similar to the what Oldco did. This debt is to HMRC. You don't offer the same condolences to Oldco, so what is the difference?

Had sympathy for those that lost their jobs never got paid etc. So sympathy for his family for sure.