The Demise Of The SNP

Stuart Dickson

7 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The SNP lost their majority in the Hollyrood Parliament last year, and have never had a majority in Westminster. They've had 10 years in government and delivered a much worse education system, higher rates of infant mortality, longer waiting times at NHS hospitals, disgraceful year on year cuts to the social care system and a Scottish university system that reports say discriminates against Scots. And all of this against a backdrop of a complete reliance on a massive subsidy from the Westminster Government to help cover the SNPs inability to manage the economy so that Scotland pays its way in the UK.Scotland has woken up to these shysters, even if some of really stupid ones on this forum haven't. :rolleyes:   

And the SNP vote increased.  The SNP are MORE popular now than they ever have been at any time in history.

You will know this but you are choosing to ignore fact to peddle your hatred.  Your repulsive and repetitive hatred.

10 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

And the SNP vote increased.  The SNP are MORE popular now than they ever have been at any time in history.

You will know this but you are choosing to ignore fact to peddle your hatred.  Your repulsive and repetitive hatred.

July 2015 SNP got 1,454,436 votes. May 2016 they got just 1,059,897. 

3 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Hmm, I think you misunderstand the word subsidy. See here's what I figure. The UK Government in 2016 spent in total around £761Bn, the UK population is estimated to be around 65m. Now that would mean that if we were splitting everything equally - including all the companies with their corporate tax etc, I would be paying my share if I paid more than around £11,700 per annum in taxes. Now remember we're not just talking about PAYE and NI here, we're also talking about fuel duty, council tax, VAT, airport tax,inheritance tax, stamp duty etc, etc. But lets say we are just talking PAYE and NI - anyone earning more than £45,000 per annum is paying their share. Now I can confidently tell you that in 2016 I more than comfortably paid my way. So far from being subsidised, I am one of the many who subsidises the rest of the country and that is before we factor in just how much taxable profit I am partly responsible for at the private sector company that employs me. 

You are wrong...... again

You have used selective figures in an attempt to justify you argument and ignored the facts.

1. 65 million is the population. Only circa 65% actually have the ability to pay taxes due to their age.

2. Taxes only equate to circa 38% of the government revenue

3. By paying your income tax your national insurance and your VAT on goods only equates to circa 60% of the money collected by the government in taxes. 

Once you have analysed the above then you will work out that you are being subsidised by others. There is no shame in it as most of the population are in a similar boat its just that they have the sense to see the facts.

1 minute ago, Gruffalo said:

You are wrong...... again

You have used selective figures in an attempt to justify you argument and ignored the facts.

1. 65 million is the population. Only circa 65% actually have the ability to pay taxes due to their age.

2. Taxes only equate to circa 38% of the government revenue

3. By paying your income tax your national insurance and your VAT on goods only equates to circa 60% of the money collected by the government in taxes. 

Once you have analysed the above then you will work out that you are being subsidised by others. There is no shame in it as most of the population are in a similar boat its just that they have the sense to see the facts.

I've used actual figures and it has justified my argument. I pay in considerably more than my 1/65,000,000th share. Everyone in the UK has the ability to pay taxes regardless of age. There is no age bar to income tax. If you are going to profess to being clever about stuff like this surely you must know that basic fact :rolleyes: 

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You're doing THAT? Seriously?

Next you'll be saying that whilst 52% of the UK voted for Brexit, only 42% of the electorate in Scotland voted to Remain.

Do you actually write for a right wing tabloid?

1 minute ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I've used actual figures and it has justified my argument. I pay in considerably more than my 1/65,000,000th share. Everyone in the UK has the ability to pay taxes regardless of age. There is no age bar to income tax. If you are going to profess to being clever about stuff like this surely you must know that basic fact :rolleyes: 

While you are correct that taxation does not discriminate against age I am sure that the level of tax collected from under 16's equates to the level of tax paid by a millionaire pipe fitter.

If your happy to insist that under 16's and over 65's contribute the same level of tax as you to avoid you being called a government scrounger then so be it.

Just now, Gruffalo said:

While you are correct that taxation does not discriminate against age I am sure that the level of tax collected from under 16's equates to the level of tax paid by a millionaire pipe fitter.

If your happy to insist that under 16's and over 65's contribute the same level of tax as you to avoid you being called a government scrounger then so be it.

I didn't call pensioners and kids scroungers. Infact I don't think I called anyone a scrounger, I think you are the one making that link. You're not wrong when it comes to Oaksoft though, I'll give you that. B)

26 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Liar

Edited to add:  Your behaviour is appalling.  Your hate inspired repition is disgusting and your pollution of this forum is ruinious to the enjoyment of many a decent forum user.

Edited by TediousTom

25 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Liar

Edited to add:  Your behaviour is appalling.  Your hate inspired repition is disgusting and your pollution of this forum is ruinious to the enjoyment of many a decent forum user.

To give him his due, he is at least consistent.

You go away for 15 years, and come back and he's still spewing the same warped nonsense.

I wonder if Alex Salmond knocked him back on a text message service business proposition?

Just now, Bobby_F said:

You go away for 15 years, and come back and he's still spewing the same warped nonsense.

I wonder if Alex Salmond knocked him back on a text message service business proposition?

Yes we all get one vote.....no reason to drone on and on and on and on about who you refuse to vote for!

I am just glad he is not overtly religious, you couldn't get the bugger away from your door.

So having a different view from you is "controversial"? 
You're right, no one can argue with the sentiment. Lets face it, not one new parent is going to knock back a bunch of freebies no matter where it comes from. The problem I have in understanding it though is why this needs to cost the taxpayer anything at all. We all know how much a parent will spend bringing up their child, and we all know there are plenty of companies out there desperate to get their brands infront of those parents to capture their percentage of market share. Surely a sensible, capable and efficient government would have approached each of those companies and asked them to contribute - instead of offering each one of those companies a taxpayer funded contract to get their products in front of the consumer whilst getting paid to do it. We all know it's possible because the "Bounty Box" has been given out by maternity staff for well over 25 years now at no cost to any government. 
Honestly you'd have to wonder if someone was getting a backhander to run the scheme in such a cack handed manner. 

What are you talking about? All four of those companies feature in the Bounty Box as it currently stands. None of them are likely to ever turn away the opportunity to market themselves to new parents. I don't know better than them at all - but it seems Drew and Oaksoft think they do :rolleyes:

Nope. That would be pointless. The Bounty offering has always been the content model.

Hmm, I think you misunderstand the word subsidy. See here's what I figure. The UK Government in 2016 spent in total around £761Bn, the UK population is estimated to be around 65m. Now that would mean that if we were splitting everything equally - including all the companies with their corporate tax etc, I would be paying my share if I paid more than around £11,700 per annum in taxes. Now remember we're not just talking about PAYE and NI here, we're also talking about fuel duty, council tax, VAT, airport tax,inheritance tax, stamp duty etc, etc. But lets say we are just talking PAYE and NI - anyone earning more than £45,000 per annum is paying their share. Now I can confidently tell you that in 2016 I more than comfortably paid my way. So far from being subsidised, I am one of the many who subsidises the rest of the country and that is before we factor in just how much taxable profit I am partly responsible for at the private sector company that employs me. 

How does giving a baby a free bib and a free baby grow cut infant mortality? How would that be better than say patting the £6m per annum into paediatric care in Scotland or even donating the £6m per annum to one of the many research charities studying - for example - cot death, This is pure tokenism by the SNP, and worse than that it's a token that could have been sourced for free as already exists and which has existed for over 25 years with the Bounty Box. Just out of interest though, can you tell me how a poem put in the box - presumably having paid the royalties fee to the author - is going to save any infant lives? 

The SNP lost their majority in the Hollyrood Parliament last year, and have never had a majority in Westminster. They've had 10 years in government and delivered a much worse education system, higher rates of infant mortality, longer waiting times at NHS hospitals, disgraceful year on year cuts to the social care system and a Scottish university system that reports say discriminates against Scots. And all of this against a backdrop of a complete reliance on a massive subsidy from the Westminster Government to help cover the SNPs inability to manage the economy so that Scotland pays its way in the UK.Scotland has woken up to these shysters, even if some of really stupid ones on this forum haven't. :rolleyes:   

I didn't call pensioners and kids scroungers. Infact I don't think I called anyone a scrounger, I think you are the one making that link. You're not wrong when it comes to Oaksoft though, I'll give you that. B)

More piles of wanky pish than a Conservative/Labour/LibDem Party manifesto...did I mention the UKIP pile of wanky pish...

I see the BBC are reporting that Nicola Sturgeon is back tracking on her threat for IndyRef 2. Apparently now if the UK Government promise a "soft Brexit" whatever the f**k that is - she'll drop the independence referendum that she's got no chance of winning anyway. It's almost enough to make me wish for a hard Brexit whatever that would be just to see how she'd get out of that :rolleyes:

I see the BBC are reporting that Nicola Sturgeon is back tracking on her threat for IndyRef 2. Apparently now if the UK Government promise a "soft Brexit" whatever the f**k that is - she'll drop the independence referendum that she's got no chance of winning anyway. It's almost enough to make me wish for a hard Brexit whatever that would be just to see how she'd get out of that :rolleyes:

What a pile of wanky pish...

11 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

It's like an Alf Garnett caricature.

Guest TPAFKATS

Sturgeon offers an olive branch in way of willingness to compromise.
Good politiking by her as it will force May's hand (most likely May will refuse to keep her own party onside).
Good to see the bbc continue with their inept reporting of Scottish Politics.

5 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

No, apparently an SNP councillor f**ked his wife and then she divorced him. I am unsure whether it was his temper or his controlling behaviour. that she had most trouble with.

Edited by oaksoft

21 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Leak shows full extent of NHS winter crisis - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38570960

The latest figures for NHS Scotland is 92%, that needs to improve but thank goodness we've got the SNP in charge in Scotland.

They really should help our poor neighbours. emoji106.png

The feeling in England is that the government is hell bent on destroying the NHS.

In November, the figure for Scotland was better than you quote 93.6%. Are your figures more recent? 

Having said that, the figures include areas where very few folk live. How did the Western Isles only manage to achieve 98.9%, or NHS Orkney achieving 98.8%, aren't both places fairly empty? However, in the areas in which there is a higher concentration of the population, the health boards are failing to achieve the standard. Your very own Greater Glasgow & Clyde failing with 91.5% and Forth Valley failing too with 90.9% against the target of 95%.

Still better than England but is that down to good government or is it down to the place being relatively empty in comparison and there being less demand on ED's in Scotland.

Guest TPAFKATS

Was it not 96% last week? Can't remember exact figure but it fluctuates throughout the year.
Don't think Glasgow & Clyde, Lothian, Lanarkshire, Grampian are empty with less demand on their EDs?

The wait times are measured differently in NHS England, too. The other 3 NHSs measure from the moment you report to the desk whereas waiting times in NHS England are measured from the point at which a doctor decides a patient should be admitted. This is from almost a year ago, I can't find anything more up to date:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35503631

Guest TPAFKATS

Just read this morning that the case against Tasting Ahmed Sheikh the SNP MP has been dropped.
Seems HMRC had no choice as she was not a director during the time that they are pursuing payments from?

6 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

The wait times are measured differently in NHS England, too. The other 3 NHSs measure from the moment you report to the desk whereas waiting times in NHS England are measured from the point at which a doctor decides a patient should be admitted. This is from almost a year ago, I can't find anything more up to date:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35503631

So if I understand this right, the situation is even worse in England rhan the dreadful results they are reporting?