Khafu Pyramid How It Was Built

Isle Of Bute Saint

Yesterday watched on Youtube a documentary called. The Secret Of The Great Pyramid Khafu Revealed. French architec Jean-Pierre Houdin spent 10 years studying the Pyramid and came up with the idea how they were constructed.  French building engineers did three D reconstruction on the computer that backed up his theory. Evidance in other Pyramids was also found backing his theory. Its a great documentary to watch if you are into this sort of thing. 

26 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yesterday watched on Youtube a documentary called. The Secret Of The Great Pyramid Khafu Revealed. French architec Jean-Pierre Houdin spent 10 years studying the Pyramid and came up with the idea how they were constructed.  French building engineers did three D reconstruction on the computer that backed up his theory. Evidance in other Pyramids was also found backing his theory. Its a great documentary to watch if you are into this sort of thing. 

I'll watch it next Saturday night instead of having my head tortured on here by the Jakies.

Guest TPAFKATS

I read a book on pyramids years ago along with other monuments like standing stones and their alignment to things like constellations and solstices.
Fascinating stuff, although I'm still none the wiser as to how they were built.
Wasn't it just Polish guys with a lower estimate?

1 hour ago, tony soprano said:

I read a book on pyramids years ago along with other monuments like standing stones and their alignment to things like constellations and solstices.

You must be out of touch on Bute Romanians were laying the road on parts of the island putting The Polish workers out of wort. For years we have heard how they could not build the pyrmids today as the original was built its not just the exact shape its also the Kings chamber inside where granite stone is fitted where a razor blade cant get between the stones. then you have 30 tone granite stones on top of the chamber 7 of them. So that if the Pyramid was to collapse the Kings chamber would still be intact.  Mind boggling stuff when you think this was before the wheel was invented. Each stone 1 tone over 2 million of them was moved fom Aswan 1,000 kilometres away. In the mountains at Aswan there is still evidence where the stones were cut and smooth. Fascinating stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You must be out of touch on Bute Romanians were laying the road on parts of the island putting The Polish workers out of wort. For years we have heard how they could not build the pyrmids today as the original was built its not just the exact shape its also the Kings chamber inside where granite stone is fitted where a razor blade cant get between the stones. then you have 30 tone granite stones on top of the chamber 7 of them. So that if the Pyramid was to collapse the Kings chamber would still be intact.  Mind boggling stuff when you think this was before the wheel was invented. Each stone 1 tone over 2 million of them was moved fom Aswan 1,000 kilometres away. In the mountains at Aswan there is still evidence where the stones were cut and smooth. Fascinating stuff. 

No wort, no beer! No beer it's no wonder the Poles have left.

Going back to the pyramids, it's well known that the workers were given daily rations of beer, the art of brewing being taught to the Egyptioans by Ancient Aliens! :guinness 

How many beers does it take to walk like an Egyptian?

4 hours ago, tony soprano said:

So did I, but I just didn't get the point of them.

58 minutes ago, FTOF said:

So did I, but I just didn't get the point of them.

Watch the video mate. its always historian's and writers that put forward   these things this is the first in depth study by an architect who in my opinion has got it right.  If correct this is the biggest break  through in history.   

22 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Watch the video mate. its always historian's and writers that put forward   these things this is the first in depth study by an architect who in my opinion has got it right.  If correct this is the biggest break  through in history.   

I'll have a look, but I'm a bit obtuse when it comes to engineering.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Now, I'm sure it's an interesting video, but your man's theories have been dissed by UCL and Oxford experts as being "horribly complicated" and no wholly convincing, though intriguing...

and a materials scientist researcher Houlim, Housim or something similar (in New Scientist, I think...) also more recently backed another interesting explanation which for me stacks up, if you'll pardon the pun....

that the blocks were formed on site from lime and mud mortar collected nearby, and mixed into a Limey concrete to make the blocks IE NOT  dug out shaped, then shoved up the ramps...

nevertheless, some great engineering and construction before the age of iron.

also, the wheel WAS "invented" long before the pyramids.

the principle was present, at least in Neolithic times eg using logs. There were carts etc.

(some say the axle was the BIG breakthrough in wheel technology)

(Tho some say the pyramid tannoys didnae work, either)

7 hours ago, antrin said:

Now, I'm sure it's an interesting video, but your man's theories have been dissed by UCL and Oxford experts as being "horribly complicated" and no wholly convincing, though intriguing...

and a materials scientist researcher Houlim, Housim or something similar (in New Scientist, I think...) also more recently backed another interesting explanation which for me stacks up, if you'll pardon the pun....

that the blocks were formed on site from lime and mud mortar collected nearby, and mixed into a Limey concrete to make the blocks IE NOT  dug out shaped, then shoved up the ramps...

nevertheless, some great engineering and construction before the age of iron.

also, the wheel WAS "invented" long before the pyramids.

the principle was present, at least in Neolithic times eg using logs. There were carts etc.

(some say the axle was the BIG breakthrough in wheel technology)

(Tho some say the pyramid tannoys didnae work, either)

Yes all theory overloaded. There are Quarries around the Giza plateau where the stone bricks came from they is still evidence  of that.. The kings chamber is made from granite, some of these stonss waight is 30 tonnes and came from Aswan some 1,000 kilometres away . Having been in the musium of Cairo have seen the sledges used to move the stone. Have also been inside the pyramid  (s) something that cant be done today as they are now closed to the public. It leaves a huge impression as such have many books on the subject. So who is right is anyone's guess to how they were built. When you read about the stones make up by science you take notice. When a architec and building engineers give a theory proved by building engineers computer programs you take notice. Of all the books documentarys watched Jean-Pierre Hovdin is by far the most feasible way of building of the pyramid i have seen to date. There is no text from that date on the construction of the pyrmids  ao we will never know. would love to have seen the pyramids with their smooth outer casing that would have blown the mind. 

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yes all theory overloaded. There are Quarries around the Giza plateau where the stone bricks came from they is still evidence  of that.. The kings chamber is made from granite, some of these stonss waight is 30 tonnes and came from Aswan some 1,000 kilometres away . Having been in the musium of Cairo have seen the sledges used to move the stone. Have also been inside the pyramid  (s) something that cant be done today as they are now closed to the public. It leaves a huge impression as such have many books on the subject. So who is right is anyone's guess to how they were built. When you read about the stones make up by science you take notice. When a architec and building engineers give a theory proved by building engineers computer programs you take notice. Of all the books documentarys watched Jean-Pierre Hovdin is by far the most feasible way of building of the pyramid i have seen to date. There is no text from that date on the construction of the pyrmids  ao we will never know. would love to have seen the pyramids with their smooth outer casing that would have blown the mind. 

Getting on topic (for once) not only were the pyramids at Giza built to last (4500 years and counting) they were precisely aligned to reflect their astronomically based religious beliefs although due to the earth's wobble this alignment no longer holds. Why is a community club like St. Mirren not doing something about this, these pyramids must be torn down and rebuilt about 100 yards to the left!

Edited by Bud the Baker