New Star Wars Movie.

Isle Of Bute Saint

28 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:

At the Winter Gardens? I love that wee cinema! :) Not seen the film yet, but going on Friday, so hoping it's good.

That's a great wee cinema. Im in Alexandria Egypt so new experience at the cinema.  In English with aribic subtitles thankfully.  

It's a darker version than the original Star Wars - and I mean that as in dark - lack of lighting - as well as being pretty pessimistic.  Not a lot of humour.

So they mention HOPE an awful lot - and because we know what the goal was in the next part of the story, we already know how this one's going to end - with success - though it has cost a lot in terms of personnel...   :( 

Intriguing for me, was the Empire robot which had been 'turned/converted'...

It was the main source of what humour there was...  but, as well as the 'almost autistic' non-human lack of understandings by the robot,  all of its mannerisms and the actual look of it, the shape of the head, the eyes...  I am pretty sure it has been modelled on Sheldon Cooper!

I immediately tried to find confirmation of that belief online but haven't found any.  Maybe I was reading too much into it...  :unsure:

Maybe it was actually modelled on Rajesh Kutrapolly.

Bazinga.

Felt is was rather dull and going over already covered ground . It lost me near the start with all the jumping around and having to put signs up on screen telling you where it was . .i fell asleep it was that dull . A cheap knock off of the franchise , nowhere near as good as A Force Awakens - Rogue One should be renamed A Force Asleepens. .

• 2 weeks later...