Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Magic Monkey said:

I've mentioned it to the journalist on Twitter. He's not responded yet. I'm hoping he wants to defend what he's written: I'm in the mood to destroy an idiot on social media today.

I'm probably a soft target:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, aye, point taken. The hair shirt is on:toilet

Was a more general point - fans do it all the time. Headline says one thing, quotes say another, fans react to the headline. Journalists may feel like they're "reading between the lines" but they're taking artistic licence too far in most cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Was a more general point - fans do it all the time. Headline says one thing, quotes say another, fans react to the headline. Journalists may feel like they're "reading between the lines" but they're taking artistic licence too far in most cases.

No, it was a fair point, and I hold my hands up. I should know better.

Still, I do stick by my point that AS might need to be a bit more savvy about how he engages (eg - when asked for views on Rodgers/Gerrard, tell them that he would prefer to talk about St Mirren and focus on the job in hand, blah blah).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The Journalist doesnt choose the headline unfortunately. What The Boss said was spot on in my opinion. He hasn't condemned any player whist acknowledging what we all know that the squad needs more strength in depth. He has however made it clear that the present players have to show HIM that they are up to the job and want to play for him or  be shipped out sooner, rather than later. Clear and fair all around.

But he does write the content. He did write:

"ALAN Stubbs has identified players who need to impress him if they want to stay and the changes required at the training ground in less than a week as St Mirren manager."

Which is total bollocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drew said:

No, it was a fair point, and I hold my hands up. I should know better.

Still, I do stick by my point that AS might need to be a bit more savvy about how he engages (eg - when asked for views on Rodgers/Gerrard, tell them that he would prefer to talk about St Mirren and focus on the job in hand, blah blah).

I think it's the kind of thing journalists do, throw in the odd off-topic question, as a small part of a bigger press conference/interview. He does need to be a bit more careful to not be drawn into commenting too often on these sorts of things, given the strength of feeling among our support on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Soctty said:

But he does write the content. He did write:

"ALAN Stubbs has identified players who need to impress him if they want to stay and the changes required at the training ground in less than a week as St Mirren manager."

Which is total bollocks.

I agree with you on that as far as players are concerned but he has identified improvements he would like to see at the training ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If it' word for word  , if they do not come up to the mark they won't  be in the premiership. 

No, Stubbs doesn't say that in the interview either. That's your words! :lol:

In any case, a player not coming up to the mark in terms of quality is not the same as player not pulling his weight!

Typical of a boo boy like you to slag off the players!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The Journalist doesnt choose the headline unfortunately. What The Boss said was spot on in my opinion. He hasn't condemned any player whist acknowledging what we all know that the squad needs more strength in depth. He has however made it clear that the present players have to show HIM that they are up to the job and want to play for him or  be shipped out sooner, rather than later. Clear and fair all around.

You've just made that up as well!

Show us actual quotes from Stubbs himself that backs up what you just posted....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I've mentioned it to the journalist on Twitter. He's not responded yet. I'm hoping he wants to defend what he's written: I'm in the mood to destroy an idiot on social media today.

Quite right. The actual quotes from Stubbs himself are not in line with most of the article or the headline.

Its a shame that boo boys like IOBS and St Ricky have taken the jorno's comments as an opportunity to slag off the players!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Read the article Zico. Then read  between the lines. 

In other words you've just made it up! :lol:

Please quote anything that Stubbs is actually quoted as saying that backs up this:

53 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

He has however made it clear that the present players have to show HIM that they are up to the job and want to play for him or  be shipped out sooner, rather than later. Clear and fair all around.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Read the article Zico. Then read  between the lines. 

I prefer to read what's written than to try to second guess people - I leave that to Journos, who mislead people with much of their nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zico said:

In other words you've just made it up! :lol:

Please quote anything that Stubbs is actually quoted as saying that backs up this:

 

Now you are being ridiculous Zico.  I want every player there to have every opportunity to prove themselves.  They are heroes to myself and lots of others.  It is entirely normal for a new manager to assess the squad.  No news there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

“When I look at our squad, I’ve got to admit that there are a number of areas I need to improve and that’s not saying anything against the players who are here but, when it comes to strength in depth, I need to raise the level, raise the bar,”

The quote above is the only time that Stubbs mentions the current players.

Can IOBS or St. Ricky please tell us how they come to the conclusion that any of the players either aren't pulling their weight, or will need to prove themselves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Now you are being ridiculous Zico.  I want every player there to have every opportunity to prove themselves.  They are heroes to myself and lots of others.  It is entirely normal for a new manager to assess the squad.  No news there.  

What has any of that got to do with what Stubbs has said?

Please show me where Stubbs has said anything that remotely correlates to what you claim he has said......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zico said:

The quote above is the only time that Stubbs mentions the current players.

Can IOBS or St. Ricky please tell us how they come to the conclusion that any of the players either aren't pulling their weight, or will need to prove themselves?

It's simple and neither myself or IOBS have suggested that any players are not pulling their weight.  That would be for the manager to decide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

It's simple and neither myself or IOBS have suggested that any players are not pulling their weight.  That would be for the manager to decide

IOBS did!. See below.

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The right noises is being made sounds like there are certain player / players who don't pull their weight. That should keep posters going for the next few weeks :rolleyes:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

You stated that Stubbs said that the players will need to prove themselves or be shipped out.

Its simple. Just show us where he has said these things!

Edited by zico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Yes Zico seems to be showing skill in that area

His comment was directed at YOU!

I haven't made up anything.

The jorno, IOBS and yourself have all made up stuff and tried to pass it off as comments that Stubbs has made about the current players!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zico said:

IOBS did!. See below.

You stated that Stubbs said that the players will need to prove themselves or be shipped out.

Its simple. Just show us where he has said these things!

In today's PDE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...