Alan's first signings

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

No confusion.  Every manager who is new to a club will  have a look at his current squad and then make decisions on their future.  That's exactly what has been said.  Whether all stay or some go will be his decision,  whatever his predecessor thought.  Similarly it makes sense to listen to the previous incumbent,  look at the list of targets and compile your own list.... He is The Boss after all and he will, rightly,  be judged on the outcomes on the pitch.  No room for sentiment - that's for us,  the fans. 

Yeah, I understand how new managerial appointments work. 

He didn't actually say 'shape up or ship out', publicly regarding any of his players though, much like the headline suggested. 

'The squad needs more quality and depth' is a very different statement to 'some of the players here aren't good enough' but the second statement is more eye catching, even if it is completely fabricated. 

This was Zicos point, that the headline was deliberately misleading. 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I take it that you understand the difference between implicit and explicit.  That's my final reply to you on this. 

You know these wee dogs that constantly yap, yap , yap ! There is no way you can shut them up. Walk away the peace and quiet is bliss. Roll on the season every close season always turns to madness  like the full moon at its most powerful. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Yeah, I understand how new managerial appointments work. 

He didn't actually say 'shape up or ship out', publicly regarding any of his players though, much like the headline suggested. 

'The squad needs more quality and depth' is a very different statement to 'some of the players here aren't good enough' but Interestingly, the second statement is more eye catching, even if it is completely fabricated. 

This was Zicos point, that the headline was deliberately misleading. 

And... I agreed with Zico on the Headline. Sub Editors do the headlines not the journalist Was The (pedantic)  point.  

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You know these wee dogs that constantly yap, yap , yap ! There is no way you can shut them up. Walk away the peace and quiet is bliss. Roll on the season every close season always turns to madness  like the full moon at its most powerful. 

In other words, you just made it up that some of the players aren't pulling their weight!

Boo boy!

3 minutes ago, zico said:

In other words, you just made it up that some of the players aren't pulling their weight!

Boo boy!

I have never and never will criticise any player or manager on the  forum.  I support,  the manager and don't envy the decisions he has to make or the timescale in which he had to make them which was the context of the article.  Back then to explicit or implicit.  No disrespect intended but you clearly prefer explicit.  End of.  

Good interview with the club captain on Buddievision.

He seems to be very positive about the new managerial appointment, so that is encouraging. Stephen talks about players ge knows (including his brother John) who have nothing but good things to say about Stubbs as a coach and a person more generally.

Edited by Drew

1 hour ago, zico said:

So was I twat features.

Have a hat and a balloon knob cheddar.

1 hour ago, Johnny Rep said:

School holidays have started early this year.:wub:

If only.

However, I think I'll be able to soldier on for next week and a half.:DB):guinness

I have never and never will criticise any player or manager on the  forum.  I support,  the manager and don't envy the decisions he has to make or the timescale in which he had to make them which was the context of the article.  Back then to explicit or implicit.  No disrespect intended but you clearly prefer explicit.  End of.  

Why are you answering on behalf of IOBS?

1 minute ago, zico said:

Why are you answering on behalf of IOBS?

Why I am answering you,  other than through politeness,  I don't know . IOBS is more than capable of speaking for himself. Suggest you stop tying yourself in knots. 

46 minutes ago, Drew said:

Good interview with the club captain on Buddievision.

He seems to be very positive about the new managerial appointment, so that is encouraging. Stephen talks about players ge knows (including his brother John) who have nothing but good things to say about Stubbs as a coach and a person more generally.

Yes. I saw that Drew and a similar article in the press which featured an interview with the captain.  The Boss is quality. 

5 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Is the article being argued about on here not just based on this interview at a press conference? If so, folks can see for themselves what Stubbs said: 

The "discussion" has been about two things. Firstly a sensationalised headline added by a sub editor to an article in the ET.  Secondly it is about what was explicit or implicit in what was said.  Most (I think) realise that this is a non story.  AS appointed manager.  Shock.. He is going to assess his present playing staff.  Shock.. He has talked withprevious manager about squad and signing targets. Shock. He will seek to add depth to the squad asap. Shock.. The World Cup is possibly taking up the time of some contacts and might delay possible loan signings (which he sensibly wants to keep to a small number).  Nothing out of the ordinary. 

If rumours are to be believed, what Jackson brings to the party is a very large carry out, an unhealthy interest in his friends wife and feelings of guilt and shame the next morning. 
Ahh guilt and shame. That classic fragrance you wore on a sunday morning after a night in Viennas.

16 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The "discussion" has been about two things. Firstly a sensationalised headline added by a sub editor to an article in the ET.  Secondly it is about what was explicit or implicit in what was said.  Most (I think) realise that this is a non story.  AS appointed manager.  Shock.. He is going to assess his present playing staff.  Shock.. He has talked withprevious manager about squad and signing targets. Shock. He will seek to add depth to the squad asap. Shock.. The World Cup is possibly taking up the time of some contacts and might delay possible loan signings (which he sensibly wants to keep to a small number).  Nothing out of the ordinary. 

Alan Stubbs comes across as a thoroughly decent and compassionate guy. 10/10. I like him.

46 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Is the article being argued about on here not just based on this interview at a press conference? If so, folks can see for themselves what Stubbs said: 

The interview that I saw was on STV news.

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I said... he said.. no I didnae.  No idea what you mean Johnny Reply ( what a player you were) 

Both you and IOBS could have done the decent thing and admitted you had misrepresented what Stubbs had said.

Even Drew had the decency to admit jumping the gun.

You have made a total arse of yourself over this.

Zico has handed your arse to you here. Zico FFS. :lol:

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Both you and IOBS could have done the decent thing and admitted you had misrepresented what Stubbs had said.

Even Drew had the decency to admit jumping the gun.

You have made a total arse of yourself over this.

Zico has handed your arse to you here. Zico FFS. :lol:

Thank you for your opinion. You won't be surprised that I take a different view.  End of.