Phils No Claims Discount F'kd

HSS

15 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I made the mistake of assuming you would understand I was talking about relative numbers for both groups. Any other metric would be as pointless as you.

That’s not surprisingly stupid of you, given how often I appear to have made a similar wrong assumption.

You bicker about simple straightforward statements, and present yourself as being unable to understand basic English.

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Driving into Braehead car park I stopped as a parked car was pulling out. After a few moments BANG a car runs into the back of me. Get out the car expecting the worst nothing on my bumper except a faint scratch. The young lad car had bits of his bumper and number plate fallen off his new car. It happened the night before I flew out on holiday so I let it go. How he could run into a stationery car baffles me. 

I was sitting stationary at the big roundabout at Linwood waiting for a space to pull out.After a few moments BANG a car runs into the back of me.Not a lot of damage etc.The driver was a woman in her 60s.How she could run into a stationary car baffles me.

Of course the Royals and their entourage in an act under the "we can do what we like" category immediately ordered a replacement car for the lovable bigot, and he was spotted the next day driving it without wearing a seatbelt.

Maybe, after the public wailing when Princess Di died, he reckons snuffing it in a car crash would be a lot more rock and roll than dying in his sleep or choking on a fish bone. I suppose at the very least it would be ironic (allegedly).

4 hours ago, Hendo said:

Of course the Royals and their entourage in an act under the "we can do what we like" category immediately ordered a replacement car for the lovable bigot, and he was spotted the next day driving it without wearing a seatbelt.

Maybe, after the public wailing when Princess Di died, he reckons snuffing it in a car crash would be a lot more rock and roll than dying in his sleep or choking on a fish bone. I suppose at the very least it would be ironic (allegedly).

And Her Maj , it turns out,  was also seen driving without a seat belt but She cannot be prosecuted in any criminal case as she is.. She is.. Well HerMaj

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Neat attempt to deflect the issue. 

With respect, I don't need you trying to educate me on what YOU believe to be the issue.

For me, this is about not wearing a seatbelt and frankly I couldn't care less because it is his life he is risking.

If you have another point to make then feel free to do so without the passive aggressive nonsense.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

With respect, I don't need you trying to educate me on what YOU believe to be the issue.

For me, this is about not wearing a seatbelt and frankly I couldn't care less because it is his life he is risking.

If you have another point to make then feel free to do so without the passive aggressive nonsense.

This passive aggressive thing is a hobby horse of yours Oaks. I just choose not to engage.   Should I choose to be aggressive then I would be clear. 

The issue you raised was about the seat belt.  The issue I raised was about Her Maj being "above the law". I'm not comfortable with that concept for anybody. 

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Tell that to the people he drove in to or the people who's job it might be to scrape his brains off the insides of a vehicle.

It's law to wear a seatbelt if you don't wear one while the engine is on stationery or not is a automatic fine. Will be interested to see what action the Police take to this. The fact Edinburgh drives the next day without a seatbelt suggest the Royals are above the law. Not adaptable for me. 

15 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's law to wear a seatbelt if you don't wear one while the engine is on stationery or not is a automatic fine. Will be interested to see what action the Police take to this. The fact Edinburgh drives the next day without a seatbelt suggest the Royals are above the law. Not adaptable for me. 

The Queen is above the Law,she can do what she wants and cant be prosecuted.

Old Phil is not and should receive the same treatment that you or I would receive.Whether that would actually happen is another story as if you or me pulled out across oncoming traffic we'd know all about it.

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

The Queen is above the Law,she can do what she wants and cant be prosecuted.

Old Phil is not and should receive the same treatment that you or I would receive.Whether that would actually happen is another story as if you or me pulled out across oncoming traffic we'd know all about it.

As should Betty.  Above the law.  What an anachronism. 

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Tell that to the people he drove in to or the people who's job it might be to scrape his brains off the insides of a vehicle.

The first part of that sentence is irrelevant as regards HIM wearing a seatbelt. The second part about others having to clear the mess is fair enough but it's nowhere near as big an issue for me.