St Mirren Official Match Programme

1 hour ago, Percy Veer said:

I don't have this one in my collection, unfortunately.  It was well before my time and I envy anyone who was there to witness such a historic event.

It was a great night. The programme is fairly easy to get on eBay. Normally costs around four or five pounds.

It is a shame that programmes appear to be a thing of the past and the corresponding effort in producing anything innovative has waned. In most cases there is a standard 'brand' version that clubs will stick to, which is fine as far as it goes but there is scope for 'special' editions, remembrance day, cup matches, christmas etc where a bit of extra effort would go a long way but I personally am not a fan of trotting out old style covers for every game for the nostalgic benefit of a few people.

On 2/16/2023 at 8:01 AM, shull said:

10/10

image.thumb.png.631c5289a9dfebf5cbd1b9fd9f267607.png

I ordered mine this evening.  I don't know if they have stopped putting a programme seller in the West Stand or not.  I've certainly not seen one for quite a while.  I admit to having stopped buying them every week but I wanted the recent one with Frank McGarvey, which i also ordered online, and yesterday's.  Well done to the Club for doing these lovely programme covers to remember our fond heroes! 👏 👏 👏 

On 11/8/2022 at 4:05 PM, TopCat said:

Does anyone still buy programs? Noticed the seller at the W1 entrance is no longer there.

I stopped buying them last season apart from Cup matches.  Like you, I've not seen the programme sellers in the West Stand for quite some time but I guess if no-one is buying there's much point in them being there.  If people really want one I suppose they can go into the Club Shop pre-match, nip in after the game or do as I did with yesterday's and the one with Frank McGarvey on it - order online.

22 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

I stopped buying them last season apart from Cup matches.  Like you, I've not seen the programme sellers in the West Stand for quite some time but I guess if no-one is buying there's much point in them being there.  If people really want one I suppose they can go into the Club Shop pre-match, nip in after the game or do as I did with yesterday's and the one with Frank McGarvey on it - order online.

Curtis Sports do a great job in producing our Match Programme.

If ordered in advance , the Programme is usually delivered before matchday.

Brilliant service.

8 hours ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

I ordered mine this evening.  I don't know if they have stopped putting a programme seller in the West Stand or not.  I've certainly not seen one for quite a while.  I admit to having stopped buying them every week but I wanted the recent one with Frank McGarvey, which i also ordered online, and yesterday's.  Well done to the Club for doing these lovely programme covers to remember our fond heroes! 👏 👏 👏 

The guy that was selling outside the west stand before the game was walking along the front of the stand at h/t selling them.

Don't know if he does it at every game. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The guy that was selling outside the west stand before the game was walking along the front of the stand at h/t selling them.

Years ago it used to be an elderly gentleman with a grey beard, who  walked through the various Stands selling the programmes during the match.

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

I turned up just as the teams were being announced so maybe I missed the guy outside.  I admit at Half-Time I was concentrating on looking up scores from the other games and the live League table so wouldn't have noticed anyone walking along the front of the stand.  It's good to know they do that though for the future. 👍

Edited by BigYardsAndBasher
Missed out a letter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...