Jump to content

The Arbroath Football Club


shull
 Share

Recommended Posts


11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Went down to the Arbroath FC shop to buy a football top, the size required wasn't in stock but a delivery was due in within 30 mins, the lady would call to confirm and we can pop back down to pick it up. 

Great customer service. 👍

Nothing small enough?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2022 at 1:21 PM, shull said:

Red Lichties having a brilliant Season. Hopefully, they can keep it going and win the Title. 

A huge Match at Home today against fellow challengers Inverness Caledonian Thistle..

Full commentary on BBC Radio.

And Arbroath are part time.

They are still going well. Good to see the status quo being disrupted. Can they go all the way? Old fashioned ground and in the winter darned cold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Went down to the Arbroath FC shop to buy a football top, the size required wasn't in stock but a delivery was due in within 30 mins, the lady would call to confirm and we can pop back down to pick it up. 

Great customer service. 👍

£50 for a football top?

Jeezo, almost in tears. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arbroath continue to show themselves to be a truly professional club and are continually supporting the local community.

🚨🚨🚨 FREE First Aid Training 🚨🚨🚨
As part of family safety awareness week we’d like to highlight this free online session on 28/03/2022
This free online first aid training is open to all and will provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence you need to help save a life - www.savelives.org.uk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

 

Killie are down at Ayr later on tonight, could do with Ayr doing Arbroath a wee favour although it's still in Arbroath's own hands. 

 

Bullen looks to have turned things around at Somerset , an outside chance they could yet put some pressure on ICT and Raith ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

Bullen looks to have turned things around at Somerset , an outside chance they could yet put some pressure on ICT and Raith ?

Don't know @billyg, 7 points behind Raith, only 8 games to go, I think it's too much for them to do anything apart from being mid table, although, as I said, a point or three tonight would be very helpful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arbroath continue to show they are a real professional outfit behind the scenes.

Appreciating the importance of the support and doing what they can to reduce the cost. :happyclapper

Support the Lichties - The final push
As the Scottish Championship heads into the final exciting last few games, our aim is to have as many of our wonderful and loyal supporters to be able to join us in Gayfield to get behind Dick and the team for our final home fixtures against Ayr Utd, Raith Rovers, Queen of the South and finally Greenock Morton.
We have enjoyed many memorable days here at Gayfield together with a packed capacity crowd cheering us on.
With such an exciting finish ahead, we need our twelfth man out there together with the players to give it one final push, so we have launched a cost effective 4 game bundle to allow as many of you as possible to hopefully bring glory to Gayfield.
Arbroath vs Ayr United - Saturday 19th March - 3pm
Arbroath vs Raith Rovers - Saturday 26th March - 3pm
Arbroath vs Queen of the South - Saturday 16th April - 3pm
Arbroath vs Greenock Morton - Friday 29th April - 7.45pm
£60 Adult = £16 Saving
£40 Concession - £8 Saving
£6 U12 Child (must be accompanied by a paying adult) - Incredible Value
£70 Adult and 1 Child - £18 Saving
£75 - Adult and 2 Children - £21 Saving
To help cheer the team on, buy your special value ticket bundle here - https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/match-day-tickets/
C'mon the Lichties

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Arbroath continue to show they are a real professional outfit behind the scenes.

Appreciating the importance of the support and doing what they can to reduce the cost. :happyclapper

Support the Lichties - The final push
As the Scottish Championship heads into the final exciting last few games, our aim is to have as many of our wonderful and loyal supporters to be able to join us in Gayfield to get behind Dick and the team for our final home fixtures against Ayr Utd, Raith Rovers, Queen of the South and finally Greenock Morton.
We have enjoyed many memorable days here at Gayfield together with a packed capacity crowd cheering us on.
With such an exciting finish ahead, we need our twelfth man out there together with the players to give it one final push, so we have launched a cost effective 4 game bundle to allow as many of you as possible to hopefully bring glory to Gayfield.
Arbroath vs Ayr United - Saturday 19th March - 3pm
Arbroath vs Raith Rovers - Saturday 26th March - 3pm
Arbroath vs Queen of the South - Saturday 16th April - 3pm
Arbroath vs Greenock Morton - Friday 29th April - 7.45pm
£60 Adult = £16 Saving
£40 Concession - £8 Saving
£6 U12 Child (must be accompanied by a paying adult) - Incredible Value
£70 Adult and 1 Child - £18 Saving
£75 - Adult and 2 Children - £21 Saving
To help cheer the team on, buy your special value ticket bundle here - https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/match-day-tickets/
C'mon the Lichties

 

It's ok but not what I would call "doing what they can to reduce the cost for the average punter". It means, if you want to take advantage of it, you need to commit to attending all games. Miss even one and it will be costing more per game. I would be more inclined to say it's a valiant attempt and putting bums on seats for every match and maximise revenue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

It's ok but not what I would call "doing what they can to reduce the cost for the average punter". It means, if you want to take advantage of it, you need to commit to attending all games. Miss even one and it will be costing more per game. I would be more inclined to say it's a valiant attempt and putting bums on seats for every match and maximise revenue.

Many of these "average punters" would be going anyway so it's obviously reducing the cost, and I already mentioned they realise the importance of the support. 

They are trying to maximise revenue in many ways by putting in the effort to communicate with the support and the local community. 

Club shop open 5 days a week right now, hospitality sole out, and has been for most of the season, numerous "manager/supporters" evenings and constantly using various media platforms to reach out to the local support.

Refreshing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many of these "average punters" would be going anyway so it's obviously reducing the cost, and I already mentioned they realise the importance of the support. 
They are trying to maximise revenue in many ways by putting in the effort to communicate with the support and the local community. 
Club shop open 5 days a week right now, hospitality sole out, and has been for most of the season, numerous "manager/supporters" evenings and constantly using various media platforms to reach out to the local support.
Refreshing. 
A fish course at a smokies game, I like it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Many of these "average punters" would be going anyway so it's obviously reducing the cost, and I already mentioned they realise the importance of the support. 

They are trying to maximise revenue in many ways by putting in the effort to communicate with the support and the local community. 

Club shop open 5 days a week right now, hospitality sole out, and has been for most of the season, numerous "manager/supporters" evenings and constantly using various media platforms to reach out to the local support.

Refreshing. 

All of that does sound progressive and it's great that the people of Arbroath are buying into it. It wasn't meant as a denunciation of the move. I just feel the deal you suggest IS more to do with cashing in while the going's good. Nothing wrong with that but I still say it isn't geared to reducing costs for punters. It's a multibuy offer much the same as a supermarket does. They do this to encourage you to spend more in their shop by buying more than you intended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At least Arbroath are reaching out to their fan base and wider community unlike our club who continue to push out our own fans from the family stand to accept the bigot pound.

https://www.stmirren.com/fans-news/4360-family-stand-season-ticket-holders-can-buy-tickets-for-rangers-match-now
 

Well played chairman and the rest of the board. So much for all the talk of “Buy the Buds” and keep the bigot brothers out of the family stand. 

Surely it makes more sense to try and get our support in three sides of the stadium to try and win that game to get us into the top 6?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At least Arbroath are reaching out to their fan base and wider community unlike our club who continue to push out our own fans from the family stand to accept the bigot pound.
https://www.stmirren.com/fans-news/4360-family-stand-season-ticket-holders-can-buy-tickets-for-rangers-match-now
 
Well played chairman and the rest of the board. So much for all the talk of “Buy the Buds” and keep the bigot brothers out of the family stand. 
Surely it makes more sense to try and get our support in three sides of the stadium to try and win that game to get us into the top 6?
It's ok but not what I would call "doing what they can to reduce the cost for the average punter". It means, if you want to take advantage of it, you need to commit to attending all games. Miss even one and it will be costing more per game. I would be more inclined to say it's a valiant attempt and putting bums on seats for every match and maximise revenue.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:
At least Arbroath are reaching out to their fan base and wider community unlike our club who continue to push out our own fans from the family stand to accept the bigot pound.
https://www.stmirren.com/fans-news/4360-family-stand-season-ticket-holders-can-buy-tickets-for-rangers-match-now
 
Well played chairman and the rest of the board. So much for all the talk of “Buy the Buds” and keep the bigot brothers out of the family stand. 
Surely it makes more sense to try and get our support in three sides of the stadium to try and win that game to get us into the top 6?

It's ok but not what I would call "doing what they can to reduce the cost for the average punter". It means, if you want to take advantage of it, you need to commit to attending all games. Miss even one and it will be costing more per game. I would be more inclined to say it's a valiant attempt and putting bums on seats for every match and maximise revenue.

Aye, and if you don't miss a game you save money. 😜

Of course it's an attempt to get more people to attend, and at a reduced cost. 🙄

They are making the very best of a very rare period in the history of the club. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • shull changed the title to The Arbroath Football Club

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...