Help ???

Just now, oaksoft said:

Since when did the word "popular" start meaning "correct"?

Ah... You want more.  OK but do try googling it.  I didn't say it had just been invented.  What I intended to indicate my surprise that someone like yourself hadn't come across the phrase,  particularly since it had been widely used in the media over the past day or so. It's also a phrase that I came across often in work in South Africa.. A country with a long history of racism.  As you can imagine,  this is a sensitive subject there. 

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

You just fcuking said it was racist a few posts ago. Is it or isn’t it.

No Poza. I said that it  is an example of unconscious racism not that you are a racist. I'm sure I must have said something similar at some point but I am not racist nor do I think you are. What Lord thinks is up to Lord to explain.

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Ah... You want more.  OK but do try googling it.  I didn't say it had just been invented.  What I intended to indicate my surprise that someone like yourself hadn't come across the phrase,  particularly since it had been widely used in the media over the past day or so. It's also a phrase that I came across often in work in South Africa.. A country with a long history of racism.  As you can imagine,  this is a sensitive subject there. 

You have no idea about racism.

You have no idea about the genuine discrimination affecting millions of people.

When you left wing PC nutters jump all over peoples words you exacerbate the problem because  when you casually throw the word "racist" around you force moderate people into more extreme and hardened positions thus further entrenching discriminatory views.

You and PC obssessives like you are part and parcel of the problem.

Are you intelligent enough to understand this point?

Just now, oaksoft said:

When you left wing PC nutters jump all over peoples words you exacerbate the problem because  when you casually throw the word "racist" around you force moderate people into more extreme and hardened positions thus further entrenching discriminatory views.

Of course he is, he "Googled" it. 

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What do you know about me Oak?  Clearly not a løt. 

Edited by St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

No Poza. I said that it  is an example of unconscious racism not that you are a racist. I'm sure I must have said something similar at some point but I am not racist nor do I think you are. What Lord thinks is up to Lord to explain.

There is no such thing as "unconscious racism". You can quote as many teitter posts as you like where people are using that phrase but it is quite simply wrong. There is no such thing as unconscious racism.

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

What do you know about me Oak? 

I know that your posts on this forum indicate that you appear to have no ability to think through and argue anything logically regarding racism. 

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

There is no such thing as "unconscious racism". You can quote as many teitter posts as you like where people are using that phrase but it is quite simply wrong. There is no such thing as unconscious racism.

Have it as you wish.. doesn't make you right but if it let's you feel better then fine. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Of course he is, he "Googled" it. 

He should maybe stop Googling crap, engage his brain and think for himself. I would respect him more and we might even have a decent debate.

You don't try to win debates by shouting "google it" at your opponent,

Unless you have limited intelligence of course........

Strange.. I gave you credit for your approach.  You give insults and no arguments.

Example: https://www.theguardian.com/science/head-quarters/2015/jul/08/how-can-we-fix-unconscious-racism

All I can suggest is that you research the topic. 

By the way.. I once had to take over a job from a colleague in South Africa who had been accused of being racist and she was black (the formal categorisation in SA) 

Edited by St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

He should maybe stop Googling crap, engage his brain and think for himself. I would respect him more and we might even have a decent debate.

You don't try to win debates by shouting "google it" at your opponent,

Unless you have limited intelligence of course........

I just "Googled" you..................it said "arsehole"...................sometimes Google is ok. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Have it as you wish.. doesn't make you right but if it let's you feel better then fine. 

Sigh. A wee hint. If you want to have your opinions respected you need to do a lot more than either tell tour opponent to "google it" or respond as above. It betrays that your views have as much intellectual depth as Stuart Dickson's.

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Strange.. I gave you credit for your approach.  You give insults and no arguments.

Example: https://www.theguardian.com/science/head-quarters/2015/jul/08/how-can-we-fix-unconscious-racism

All I can suggest is that you research the topic. 

By the way.. I once had to take over a job from a colleague in South Africa who had been accused of being racist and she was black (the formal categorisation in SA) 

FFS stop directing me to journalists articles and argue your case using your own words.

I am not doing your job for you.

In an earlier post where I indicated that I was surprised.  Racism can be conscious or unconscious. People with no racist views can without meaning harm or offence, do so through unconscious racism.  A term you suggested was made up.  It's not.  It's well established. I have also encountered conscious racism w&ere the people involved would happily, even proudly admit or assert their racist identity.  I might inadvertently been guilty of the former but I hope never the latter or I would be guilty of insulting friends of mine who are brown,  black or white.  Purely as a footnote.  Last season I took guests from Egypt,  Zimbabwe and Senegal to games at St Mirren Park.  Each a different shade to me. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Last season I took guests from Egypt,  Zimbabwe and Senegal to games at St Mirren Park.  Each a different shade to me. 

Is that conscious anti-racism? Only asking because unconscious racism doesn't exist, oaky told me that then accused me of being a hand wringing lefty...

3 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Is that conscious anti-racism? Only asking because unconscious racism doesn't exist, oaky told me that then accused me of being a hand wringing lefty...

Only if I hadn't taken along others who were pale skinned like me.  Unfortunately Oaky is fallible.  He does seem to have a thing about left wing, whatever he means by that. Simple truth is that I don't practice discrimination whether colour,  creed or political persuasion etc.  I just accept people as they are and ask only that they do the same and mostly,  though not always,  they do. 

Edited by St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

It's been a long close season

A think yi'll find it's been nae longer than usual.

You watch too much World Cup, Scottish games are gonna luk even mair rubbish than usual efter that.

Thankfully less diving in the Scottish Game.

There is Mullen though.

Hope he has ceased those cheating antics.