I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Wishbone Ash - Pilgramage

For santaponsasaint

Pioneers of the "twin-guitar" sound they were the bridge between blues/psychedelic bands from the 60's like Cream and Heavy Metal that was to follow in the next decade. A great band, comfortably encompassing different genres - Blues/12 Bar Boogie/HM. :wacko:

Edited by Bud the Baker

Wishbone Ash were f**kin’ excellent! I’ve got Argus somewhere in the house and there’s some great stuff on that. I’ve also got a Best Of from about the mid-70s and that’s got stuff like The Pilgrim, Phoenix and Outward Bound, which is a great wee track. They did a favourite instrumental of mine called F.U.B.B which I heard on a late night show on Radio Clyde (Maybe Tom Russell’s Rock Show, but I’m not sure) when I was still in school (my music teacher liked them as well).

A fine band. Are they still on the go?

Wishbone Ash were f**kin’ excellent! I’ve got Argus somewhere in the house and there’s some great stuff on that. I’ve also got a Best Of from about the mid-70s and that’s got stuff like The Pilgrim, Phoenix and Outward Bound, which is a great wee track. They did a favourite instrumental of mine called F.U.B.B which I heard on a late night show on Radio Clyde (Maybe Tom Russell’s Rock Show, but I’m not sure) when I was still in school (my music teacher liked them as well).

A fine band. Are they still on the go?

230495[/snapback]

Yeah. I saw them last year in Ayr! They're due to play The Renfrew Ferry on March 9th.

Only Andy Powell remains from the classic 70's line -up! :spud5