I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

What others of theirs are worth getting - I'll add them to the list....

214918[/snapback]

Defo get "Technique" and "Brotherhood and also the afore mentioned "Low-Life"

f**k it buy them all!!! :D

Damn my slow typing!!

Edited by dmc

Okay, okay, okay. I'll give it a bash.

Power, Corruption and Lies - Your Silent Face is one of the best New Order songs and contains the line "You've caight me at a bad time/So why don't you piss of?". Some other great stuff like 586, Ultraviolenceand Age of Consent.

Movement is a bit of a strange one. First album as New Order and still trying to find their feet. Some decent stuff on it, though.

Low Life – absolutely brilliant album. Not one bad track on it. A friend of my brother went to see them a few times and it was always chaotic mayhem in the moshpit when Sunrise kicked in. But Love Vigilantes, The Perfect Kiss, the haunting Elegia, Subculture…ach fuggit, every song.

Brotherhood – not a bad album. Not bad at all. Contains the line “Every little counts/When I am with you/I think you are a pig/You should be in a zooâ€. Bizarre Love Triangle, As It Is When It Was. Aye, some fine stuff.

Substance – perfect.

Technique – now this is where it gets interesting. Ibiza stuff and the invention of dance.

That’s just the 80s stuff.

Okay, okay, okay. I'll give it a bash.

Power, Corruption and Lies - Your Silent Face is one of the best New Order songs and contains the line "You've caight me at a bad time/So why don't you piss of?". Some other great stuff like 586, Ultraviolenceand Age of Consent.

Movement is a bit of a strange one. First album as New Order and still trying to find their feet. Some decent stuff on it, though.

Low Life – absolutely brilliant album. Not one bad track on it. A friend of my brother went to see them a few times and it was always chaotic mayhem in the moshpit when Sunrise kicked in. But Love Vigilantes, The Perfect Kiss, the haunting Elegia, Subculture…ach fuggit, every song.

Brotherhood – not a bad album. Not bad at all. Contains the line “Every little counts/When I am with you/I think you are a pig/You should be in a zooâ€. Bizarre Love Triangle, As It Is When It Was. Aye, some fine stuff.

Substance – perfect.

Technique – now this is where it gets interesting. Ibiza stuff and the invention of dance.

That’s just the 80s stuff.

214930[/snapback]

How can someone with A Genesis cover for an avatar have such good taste in music?? :P:wink:

You’ve all got a Phil Collins fixation. It’s the Angel Peter Gabriel you should be thinking of as that was his last album with them. Another truly innovative artist on so many different levels; musically, lyrically, theatrically. You all know shit about it on account of your musical snobbery. :rolleyes:

You’ve all got a Phil Collins fixation. It’s the Angel Peter Gabriel you should be thinking of as that was his last album with them. Another truly innovative artist on so many different levels; musically, lyrically, theatrically. You all know shit about it on account of your musical snobbery. :rolleyes:

215116[/snapback]

I heard some news yesterday that Genesis were thinking of re-uniting, Gabriel included. Anybody else here this ? If it's true, Greig will be creaming his jeans - not to mention booking a ticket.

I heard some news yesterday that Genesis were thinking of re-uniting, Gabriel included. Anybody else here this ? If it's true, Greig will be creaming his jeans - not to mention booking a ticket.

215118[/snapback]

The quote from PG was "the conversation hasn't started - yet". This has been spoken of for long enough and with a bit more credibility in recent years. However, you are correct that I would (i) be creaming myself and (ii) not only be booking a ticket but buying one as well. Possibly to see them at Madison Square Garden.

The quote from PG was "the conversation hasn't started - yet". This has been spoken of for long enough and with a bit more credibility in recent years. However, you are correct that I would (i) be creaming myself and (ii) not only be booking a ticket but buying one as well. Possibly to see them at Madison Square Garden.

215133[/snapback]

wouldnt watch them if there where in the fountain gardens :lol::lol::lol:

215116[/snapback]

Always thought the Lamb album was fairly mediocre and pretty much an aberration in Genesis' progression (sic) if you consider the following two albums ie up to Steve Hackett's departure.

Peter Gabriel gave the group an ultimatum that he'd be doing the "Rael" album next with or without the rest of them. Weak musically IMO, little interplay between keyboards and guitars, it's an album dominated by PG's lyrics, obviously. More of a straight rock album than Prog the highspot for me was Counting Out Time.

The final insult must have been PG's decision to quit after the tour. Apparently relationships between the guys were quite strained for a few years afterwards.

Having said all of the above I must admit to having both the studio version and a live version from their US tour.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Always thought the Lamb album was fairly mediocre and pretty much an aberration in Genesis' progression (sic) if you consider the following two albums ie up to Steve Hackett's departure.

Peter Gabriel gave the group an ultimatum that he'd be doing the "Rael" album next with or without the rest of them. Weak musically IMO, little interplay between keyboards and guitars, it's an album dominated by PG's lyrics, obviously. More of a straight rock album than Prog the highspot for me was Counting Out Time.

The final insult must have been PG's decision to quit after the tour. Apparently relationships between the guys were quite strained for a few years afterwards.

215164[/snapback]

:o What I understood was that director William Friedkin had read a short story on the sleevenotes to Genesis Live and wanted PG to do some musical collaboration with him. When PG told the band they told him that it was the band or nothing and so he'd have to leave. So he said he'd leave. Friedkin was horrified that he'd split them so he opted out.

But Gabriel had said he was getting increasingly uncomfortable with his place in the band, the theatrics and all, and had felt like taking a rest for some time. His decision to leave, in retrospect, wasn't too much of a surprise.

I daresay things were strained. However, they helped him out with the WOMAD gig back in the early 80s and when he re-married about three years ago they all went as guests and ended up, of course, doing a wee stint on stage. So perhaps this is where the reformation rumours arise from.

Having said all of the above I must admit to having both the studio version and a live version from their US tour.

215164[/snapback]

Yep, me too. :lol: