The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

People are worried because we are being kept in the dark about "the way ahead"

Surely if the Club are expecting people to put their hard earned cash into the Club they should be releasing details of what we can expect and how much money it will cost us to be part of it.

A core group of local organisations and other interested parties.

A group, tentatively set at 300, paying £10 a month (That fee could be dropped by vote after the group are in and working.) SMISA started at £10 a month to try and get 1877 shares and a seat on the board, this is guaranteeing seats on the board and a true say in what happens.

A CIC board

A club board made up of members of the CIC, the supporters portion might have 5 places (that's my recollection anyway). I'm unsure if the 48% would be represented, but again why would they not be as you obviously don't want to alienate them as either shareholders or supporters.

I'd imagine other packages will be available, including for example seating in the directors box or even travel to and from away games on the team bus. I wouldn't think the extras need ironed out now, but certainly you'd want them in place at most 6 months in and give the CIC members the chance to discuss.

A core group of local organisations and other interested parties.

A group, tentatively set at 300, paying £10 a month (That fee could be dropped by vote after the group are in and working.) SMISA started at £10 a month to try and get 1877 shares and a seat on the board, this is guaranteeing seats on the board and a true say in what happens.

A CIC board

A club board made up of members of the CIC, the supporters portion might have 5 places (that's my recollection anyway). I'm unsure if the 48% would be represented, but again why would they not be as you obviously don't want to alienate them as either shareholders or supporters.

I'd imagine other packages will be available, including for example seating in the directors box or even travel to and from away games on the team bus. I wouldn't think the extras need ironed out now, but certainly you'd want them in place at most 6 months in and give the CIC members the chance to discuss.

So where did you get this info from Tsu?

During the hour or so I sat and chatted with Richard about the model and his plans for it.

Likewise with me. He is always happy to do so. Like I've said on here before, it's just much easier for people to spout negative pish than pick the phone and arrange to meet him...

Likewise with me. He is always happy to do so. Like I've said on here before, it's just much easier for people to spout negative pish than pick the phone and arrange to meet him...

So if 'Richard" is quite happy to put this info out on a one to one basis why can't he just go public with it?

So if 'Richard" is quite happy to put this info out on a one to one basis why can't he just go public with it?

It’s a form of elitism and propaganda. Are you not in the know !!! (for the record I know nothing!)

Keep it under the radar and it will save your face if it goes pete tong is the order of the day also the “in the know” can defend your corner and you can deny it all, if required.

Go public with it and you are open to criticism and ridicule and if it goes pete tong then you have damaged your reputation. Going by the example of our support I know what I would do.

The fall down of this CiC model is that you need businesses and fans to buy in to it and continually support it. Now based on Aberdeen having almost more fans than us at the last game and us struggling to get local businesses to take hospitality then I do not see a great business model for the CiC.

The fall down of this CiC model is that you need businesses and fans to buy in to it and continually support it. Now based on Aberdeen having almost more fans than us at the last game and us struggling to get local businesses to take hospitality then I do not see a great business model for the CiC.

Presumably it will depend, to a degree, on how ambitious the plans are. Perhaps the ratio of Dons fans to Saints fans at the cup tie is a realistic reflection of the fact that they operate on a significantly larger scale than St Mirren. One would hope that Mr Atkinson is under no illusions (and has been fully appraised) as to the current support base and potential for development at Saints. You'd have to think that he'd formulate his plans accordingly.

From all I hear, the guy is really fired up about this and is very enthusiastic, but these attributes are worth nothing if they are not tempered by realism. I've never met the guy, so I couldn't comment on this, but presumably those who have, thus far, given some form of commitment in terms of financial support (assuming there are any in this position), must be relatively confident that the guy isn't all style and no substance or they wouldn't be taking a significant gamble with their funds.

I'm finding myself more disillusioned with the Club with every week that goes by.A few years ago I would have shat broken glass for the Club but not now I'm afraid.

Hmm, I feel much the same in many respects.

I'm relaxed enough to wait and see what develops with the CiC etc. but I could lose what little interest I have pretty soon if we don't hear anything within the next few weeks.

If I'm being totally honest, there is a slight element of being in Richard's Gang to all of this. I'm not suggesting that anyone who has met with him to discuss his plans is trying to foster this impression, but you have to wonder if there isn't a certain irony to the whole "community" element to these plans, when the broad St Mirren community is so largely in the dark.

Fair enough, it seems he is willing to chat to anyone who might want to contact him for further information, but I would have thought that throwing the general populace the odd bone would be in keeping with the community ethos that supposedly underpins this type of model. It would certainly go some way towards countering inevitable cynicism and suspicion, and this could only be positive in terms of the likelihood of the plans succeeding

Edited by Drew

Yes it is, the sale of the club should be concluded in the next few weeks and this move is the start of that process.

That's good to hear.

For all I'm a bit sceptical, I wish nothing but success for all those involved in this initiative. There is a hell of a lot riding on it for all of us.

If it all goes tits up then what happens to the shares in the club that it owns? Does a receiver come in and try and save the CIC and sell it and controlling interest in the club to a Hugh Scott type chancer? If this is such a great idea why have Dundee been told to stay well clear of doing the same when they seem to be able to raise more money for the club than we do?

The Dundee situation is very much different to ours. Probably the main difference being they are in administration and we are financially stable currently. Dundee would need a bit of recovery time to get the club back out of admin and get the club running normally again and functioning as a going concern before any sort of scheme could even be discussed.

I like a lot of supporters are still in the dark over certain issues, but remember the deal isn't completely finalised yet. We have no choice but to trust those in the know. I'm sure they wouldn't spend this amount of time making sure it's viable if it was as high a risk as some on here are making out. They have a financial executive plus someone who cares deeply about the club (Fitzy) so let's just give it a chance. Interesting developments, hopefully this is a start of a positive new chapter for the club. :)