The Day Fan Ownership Died!

Guest somner9

Why spend £25,000 then

Why cross the road? Why stay alive? Why have chips, not peas? The answer is never always the same, the variables personal...I dont know you well enough to answer in the same way I dont you you well enough to understand why you think owning a small batch gives meaningful power.

Guest somner9

You gotta love that 10000 hours website, talk about, 'talkin down' your chances, and sending out a big negative message!

It actually has a countdown clock (20 days now), I kid you not a clock that tells you when their proposal will end. Has no one in 10000 hours ever heard of NLP? reminds me of one NUFC had on their website a few seasons ago counting down the days till SAFC's relegation.

If there are anymore casual visitors to their site the message they get is it will all be over in 20 days and counting. they should have hired me i'd have at least got the right message out.

Edited by somner9

Yip, it was covered at the last public meeting. If somner9 actually attended them he wouldn't make such a bawz of himself with posts like that.

I was thinking more about reasons which aren't yet in the public domain !

Guest somner9

I was thinking more about reasons which aren't yet in the public domain !

tell us we're not alllowed out in public1eye.gif

Edited by somner9

Liking all of that; however there will need to be a practical mechanism in play for that to work.

Obviously there are areas that the fans can't get involved in and there will still be areas of commercial confidence that will not be for our eyes. However, there does have to be practical mechanisms in place that make it possible for the general fans / community to influence on issues of such as the SPL vote and the charges for disabled fans.

It could be the case that we are limited to x number per season and we submit a list of issues that we would like to influence. The fans then shortlist what we will be voting on at the AGM. Its a bit like how user groups work for software. Folk submit requests for voting at the user group and the users shortlist the items for development in future releases of the software via a vote at the AUGM. It should also be noted that the CIC membership has predominently been driven via the Internet so there might be possibilities there for as and when required issues we may wish to influence.

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly how it would work in practice, but there would have to be some mechanism for members to have proposals added to the agenda of an AGM.

As the draft articles stand at the moment, a general meeting can be called if requested by 5% of members. So for example, you would just need to get 50 or so members to request an EGM to discuss a proposal to, say, instruct the SMFC board to reject any application of entry to the SPL by a Newco. That would then be voted on, and action taken as a result.

Presumably the 5% rule is to prevent meetings being called every other week, because someone thinks the pies are too expensive, or we should sack DL because he subbed Carey instead of Teale etc.

Nope, it was covered at the public meeting. If you were there you would know that. whistling.gif

What reasons were covered at the public meetng? I didn't make the public meeting so have no idea what was said.

Have a feeling Billy is talking about something though...

Edited by davidg

What reasons were covered at the public meetng? I didn't make the public meeting so have no idea what was said.

Have a feeling Billy is talking about something though...

If billyg tells us what he thinks the reason behind it is, I am sure me or other folk that bothered to attend the meeting will confirm if he's right or not. tongue.png

Guest somner9

If billyg tells us what he thinks the reason behind it is, I am sure me or other folk that bothered to attend the meeting will confirm if he's right or not. tongue.png

ha, ha.... Sid's touching cloth on this one!

the selling consortium will sell to someone else.

Its up to each individual to decide if they want the club to be owned by the fans or if they would prefer to roll the dice with a private buyer.

24 days to decide.

Div summed it up pretty well, get behind it and keep the club in safe hands.

Guest somner9

Since we've established there's no fan ownership offer on the table!

6909178471_cbeb4ff443_z.jpg

Edited by somner9

Since we've established there's no fan ownership offer on the table!

6909178471_cbeb4ff443_z.jpg

There is, you just don't want to be involved.

Livy, Dundee, Hearts…

You can shove your dice where the sun doesn't shine. smile.png

Edited by davidg

That's quite a change of position davidg. You are suggesting that there is another bid. If that is the case then surely you should tell us more about it.

10000 Hours appears to be intent on selling fan ownership as being as simple as if REA and GLS don't get the club someone else will. I think the fans deserve better than that if we are to back a proposal to the tune of £120,000.00 a year over ten years as well as the significant investment we already make in supporting the club.

Is no one prepared to argue the case for the CIC on its own merits by providing specific details of how it will actually work?

It looks like the rumour and conspiracy theory mob have swapped sides.

That's quite a change of position davidg. You are suggesting that there is another bid. If that is the case then surely you should tell us more about it.

I only quoted my baldy friend tongue.png

Take from it whatever you want.

I'm happy with the new CIC structure and don't want a private buyer, that's why I've changed my tune.

Edited by davidg

I'm happy with the new CIC structure and don't want a private buyer, that's why I've changed my tune.

Excellent...could you provide a breakdown on how the new CIC structure would empower the fans to influence a matter such as charging disabled fans carers or the SPL vote?

Excellent...could you provide a breakdown on how the new CIC structure would empower the fans to influence a matter such as charging disabled fans carers or the SPL vote?

Nope, but the disabled fans will always have a club to watch even if they need to pay a small fee for their carer to gain entry.

Will there be any change to the SPL influence we have just now? We place our trust in a board of people to do this for us just now, what will be so bad about doing the same in future years?

Edited by davidg

Why cross the road? Why stay alive? Why have chips, not peas? The answer is never always the same, the variables personal...I dont know you well enough to answer in the same way I dont you you well enough to understand why you think owning a small batch gives meaningful power.

I would not spend 25pence on this latest scheme my point was/ is why spend money just so that someone else benefits without putting their hand anywhere near their pockets. 1,to get to the other side, 2,its better than dead 3, i like chips Edited by glenburn ed

Guest somner9

I would not spend 25pence on this latest scheme my point was/ is why spend money just so that someone else benefits without putting their hand anywhere near their pockets. 1,to get to the other side, 2,its better than dead 3, i like chips

Point well made Glenburn Ed, another apparently wealthy individual is now gauranteed his place on the BoD and creditor status over 52% of the club, and he gets a return,

but like his pal from Ayrshire and the others they pay Hee-Haw, but want the fans to race out and throw money at them! In exchange for????? at best a warm feeling till the brown stuff hits the fans!

Shame on them

Edited by somner9