The Day Fan Ownership Died!

Guest somner9

Broomy in my opinion is right it's all about trust in the person/or people who want to run our club. This is not a boys club or amateur team this is a club that is on the verge of something big we must have the right people who will take the hard decisions that are for the good of the club in the long term. You can't run a professional football club by committee.

So you don't know how the CIC actually works then.

We have pledged to give 10000 Hours the opportunity to progress this to the point where they have a chance of progressing it. We are at that point. I think we should now withdraw the pledges until they actually deliver the detail of what we are committing ourselves to. So far no one has been able to talk about the basic of the CIC never mind the detail.

Drop an email to 10000 Hours and let them no your direct debit is cancelled, but that you are happy to complete another form should they explain to us exactly what they are proposing. Once we are happy with the response we complete up to date forms or reinstate the current ones. At the moment, we have commited to an ever changing proposal that has now been compromised umpteen times. We need to know what it is we are getting. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that?

Organising and urging a boycott that will harm St Mirren? Other than aiding your beloved Shellic and others why are you proposing such an anti-Buddie action?

Or is this just another bit of two-faced 'banter'?

PDE "International parties" showing interest. That's what I was hinting at yesterday.

Former Livingston director Angelo Massone and another Eastern European group.

Still fancy the roll of the dice?

Get behind the best option on the table as the club will be sold.

Edited by davidg

PDE "International parties" showing interest.

Former Livingston director Angelo Massone and another Eastern European group.

Still fancy the roll of the dice?

Get behind the best option on the table as the club will be sold.

any quotes? any other credible media outlets running this story or is it propaganda being peddled by the local rag on behalf of the community bid? ie, back us or a big bad foreigner will rape us.

Organising and urging a boycott that will harm St Mirren?

So where are you then....are you pro-boycotts or anti-boycotts. 1eye.gif

Are you now of the opinion that 10000 Hours will do no harm to St Mirren? Please expand - the floor is yours....how will it all work and why is it good for St Mirren. No soundbites please...we want the facts now. thumbup2.gif

Seems they are now trying to panic the supporters into signing up. The current directors have always said they will not sell to just anybody, now the cic/co-op or whatever the latest vision the messiah is punting so are they now saying the the directors will sell to anybody

any quotes? any other credible media outlets running this story or is it propaganda being peddled by the local rag on behalf of the community bid? ie, back us or a big bad foreigner will rape us.

Believe it ! That's why there's been a date been pulled out of the hat for completion of the CIC.

Believe it ! That's why there's been a date been pulled out of the hat for completion of the CIC.

are we being bullied into the community buy out now?

makes you wonder why they bothered going to the trouble of ousting a director of 15 years but are trying to insinuate they will sell to anyone now.

is there any link to this article?

Seems they are now trying to panic the supporters into signing up. The current directors have always said they will not sell to just anybody, now the cic/co-op or whatever the latest vision the messiah is punting so are they now saying the the directors will sell to anybody

That's what concerns me. We are no longer getting any respectful level of communication. Some back of a fag packet slevvered shite about east europeans taking the club off of us doesn't really make any sense after all the bawz about doing the best thing for the club.

This all seems to be a final push to get the retirement fund for the old BoD ramped up a bit....and the punchline is that the majority of the them are going to end up on the new SMFC BoD. Until it is absolutely clear what we are getting I can't see why anyone would think for a second they are getting "empowerment" for their investment.

As HSS has demonstrated above, why not wait until after the deadline. If GLS, REA and the SRTB hingers on want it badly enough then they will find the cash from their own sources. I can't see why rank and file fans would want to sign up until they know they are gauranteed meaningful representation. I haven't a clue who Neil Kennedy is however I respect the people naming him and know their sole interest is in the club's best interests....and I would expect Neil to be someone that would represent fans interest on issues such as the SPL vote / disabled ticket policy, etc.

It would be an interesting twist if the rank and file decided to put their £10-a-month into SMiSA instead. Would the CIC then put genuine fans onto the interim BoDs that will set up the CIC and manage SMFC during the transition period? Or is it only certain groups that get to negotiate that sort of thing with who exactly? REA, the consortium...who is making decisions like that on what can be traded away - where's the transparency?

are we being bullied into the community buy out now?

makes you wonder why they bothered going to the trouble of ousting a director of 15 years but are trying to insinuate they will sell to anyone now.

is there any link to this article?

Doesn't make any sense to me either Evil_Panda. Here's a link to the article.

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-sport/renfrewshire-football/renfrewshire-football-st-mirren/2012/05/26/atkinson-insists-his-bid-will-pass-the-scrutiny-test-87085-31046936/

The words used should be noted - "And among the “international parties” to have shown an interest..." Shown an interest is very different from making a bid. All that shite has to come to an end the communication to the support needs to be more respectful. There needs to be detail in the communications and not just attempts to stir up emotions whether it is fear or whether it is delusions of fan empowerment.

The article talks about standing up to scrutiny.....scrutiny by who exactly? Looking at the responses on here not many if any fans have a clue how this community ownership is going to work in practise. I am far from being against the CIC. I just want all supporters to be absolutely clear on what is going to happen with the club. I don't think we are there yet. If someone knows different then let's hear it.

Doesn't make any sense to me either Evil_Panda. Here's a link to the article.

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-sport/renfrewshire-football/renfrewshire-football-st-mirren/2012/05/26/atkinson-insists-his-bid-will-pass-the-scrutiny-test-87085-31046936/

The words used should be noted - "And among the “international parties” to have shown an interest..." Shown an interest is very different from making a bid. All that shite has to come to an end the communication to the support needs to be more respectful. There needs to be detail in the communications and not just attempts to stir up emotions whether it is fear or whether it is delusions of fan empowerment.

The article talks about standing up to scrutiny.....scrutiny by who exactly? Looking at the responses on here not many if any fans have a clue how this community ownership is going to work in practise. I am far from being against the CIC. I just want all supporters to be absolutely clear on what is going to happen with the club. I don't think we are there yet. If someone knows different then let's hear it.

the deadline has been set by RA, I was under the impression it was the consortium.

surely its not the fans who have failed to sign up, the target was reached soon after the initial sign up was it not? its the delay after delay that is the problem here that's outwith our control.

shame on whoever thought it was a good idea to blackmail the support with that article.

the deadline has been set by RA, I was under the impression it was the consortium.

surely its not the fans who have failed to sign up, the target was reached soon after the initial sign up was it not? its the delay after delay that is the problem here that's outwith our control.

shame on whoever thought it was a good idea to blackmail the support with that article.

The goal posts shifted significantly after the Natszis veto'd the original CIC bid. The numbers of general members had to go up as the social funding went down. Oddly enough the financial imput from fans has gone up, and yet it looks like it's the commercial yahoos that are getting all the increased benefits / empowerment.

The deadline as I understand it from the last public meeting is due to have a financial figure that we need to reach rather than a number of members. SO it is now an exercise as trying to get as much financial commitment by a certain date as possible.

With all the uncertainty around scumgers and the future of the SPL I don't think the timing is ideal. I would rather we knew exactly what the future holds for Scottish football. If the idea is good today, then it will be just as good later this year when all that has settled down. We have no evidence of pressure coming from an alternative bid, beyond the "interest" statement in a PDE article written as a vehicle for the CIC in my humble opinion. I would like this all done and dusted; however this rush without any clarity of information provided is a concern.

There is a good opportunity here and it would be a shame to lose it; however we need the details rather than trying to force the issue with rumour and fear. It should be detail about how it will actually work in practise, what the risks are, how fans will be represented, how the transparency will work, etc, etc, etc. If that is done then the numbers would have a helluva better chance of going up than they are currently being given.

What were the reasons behind the KB? Was it to do with the pasty tax that would be incurred feeding the SRTB's?

They hate the town and the club. And they love thier own name in the paper and public conscience.

The club will be sold to either the co-op thingy or a private bidder and there's slim to zero chance of the private bidder being a Saints fan or having fan involvement like the co-op thingy.

The co-op is still very much on and is far more likely to last the distance now GLS is on board. I find it astonishing that some people would prefer to roll the dice with a private bidder than back the co-op, it's got to be the best option on the table.

This, but we need far better communication and - yes - assurances afrom 10000hrs that the ordinary £10 pm members will be represented on the BOD of our Club.

That's what concerns me. We are no longer getting any respectful level of communication. Some back of a fag packet slevvered shite about east europeans taking the club off of us doesn't really make any sense after all the bawz about doing the best thing for the club.

This all seems to be a final push to get the retirement fund for the old BoD ramped up a bit....and the punchline is that the majority of the them are going to end up on the new SMFC BoD. Until it is absolutely clear what we are getting I can't see why anyone would think for a second they are getting "empowerment" for their investment.

As HSS has demonstrated above, why not wait until after the deadline. If GLS, REA and the SRTB hingers on want it badly enough then they will find the cash from their own sources. I can't see why rank and file fans would want to sign up until they know they are gauranteed meaningful representation. I haven't a clue who Neil Kennedy is however I respect the people naming him and know their sole interest is in the club's best interests....and I would expect Neil to be someone that would represent fans interest on issues such as the SPL vote / disabled ticket policy, etc.

It would be an interesting twist if the rank and file decided to put their £10-a-month into SMiSA instead. Would the CIC then put genuine fans onto the interim BoDs that will set up the CIC and manage SMFC during the transition period? Or is it only certain groups that get to negotiate that sort of thing with who exactly? REA, the consortium...who is making decisions like that on what can be traded away - where's the transparency?

The bits in bold punk.gif

This, but we need far better communication and - yes - assurances afrom 10000hrs that the ordinary £10 pm members will be represented on the BOD of our Club.

The bits in bold punk.gif

Que sera sera etc etc.............

No other media is interested in St.Mirren's internal affairs,when their more pre-occupied with what goes on further up the M8.

Atkinson,it is claimed,hope's to host a public meeting to explain his plan.

Let's hold him to that, before we sign on the dotted line.

Could we or would we, ever trust an outsider taking over the reigns.

Them up the road got it badly wrong and certainly deservedly.

The goal posts shifted significantly after the Natszis veto'd the original CIC bid. The numbers of general members had to go up as the social funding went down. Oddly enough the financial imput from fans has gone up, and yet it looks like it's the commercial yahoos that are getting all the increased benefits / empowerment.

The deadline as I understand it from the last public meeting is due to have a financial figure that we need to reach rather than a number of members. SO it is now an exercise as trying to get as much financial commitment by a certain date as possible.

With all the uncertainty around scumgers and the future of the SPL I don't think the timing is ideal. I would rather we knew exactly what the future holds for Scottish football. If the idea is good today, then it will be just as good later this year when all that has settled down. We have no evidence of pressure coming from an alternative bid, beyond the "interest" statement in a PDE article written as a vehicle for the CIC in my humble opinion. I would like this all done and dusted; however this rush without any clarity of information provided is a concern.

There is a good opportunity here and it would be a shame to lose it; however we need the details rather than trying to force the issue with rumour and fear. It should be detail about how it will actually work in practise, what the risks are, how fans will be represented, how the transparency will work, etc, etc, etc. If that is done then the numbers would have a helluva better chance of going up than they are currently being given.

cheers, I've not had any communication from 10000 hours keeping me up to date.

admittedly I don't visit their website to check but no updates on their facebook group either so assume the website would have been similar.

No other media is interested in St.Mirren's internal affairs,when their more pre-occupied with what goes on further up the M8.

Atkinson,it is claimed,hope's to host a public meeting to explain his plan.

Let's hold him to that, before we sign on the dotted line.

Could we or would we, ever trust an outsider taking over the reigns.

Them up the road got it badly wrong and certainly deservedly.

I'm sure SG, GC and others would perform adequate checks to make sure any third party is worthy of ownership. afterall, that's what they have said since day one. we are a well-run club unlike the chancers up the road.

shouldnt the respected, well known sports journalist chick young be keeping a keen interest in what's happening with his club and keeping us up to date?

that chancer better not claim to be one of us again after his recent performances.

cheers, I've not had any communication from 10000 hours keeping me up to date.

admittedly I don't visit their website to check but no updates on their facebook group either so assume the website would have been similar.

REA doesn't do PR.......This CIC is dead under his leadership......We need a new leader and a new model if we are to catch up on the great advance Motherwell have made. ..Until that happens I am more than happy with SG and he won't sell us to anyone unlike SDM. I can see another 10 years of SG and I'm fine with that.

For anyone swithering, if they don't get enough backing by the deadline then we will never know if it would have been a good thing or a bad thing and we will just be left with the speculation that we have now. I have submitted my DD mandate because I genuinely believe that they trying are to do something "good" for the club, despite some rough edges here and there.

I believe that I will get to vote on the CICs stance on ALL decisions that will go to an SMFC boardroom vote.

I believe that there will be at LEAST an AGM that will allow decisions to be made by me and all the other members i.e. not just one vote every 3 years and the board make the rest of the decisions without consulting me.

I believe that if I want, I can nominate myself to join the CIC board and if you all vote for me then I WILL be on the board so fan representation is entirely realistic.

If it turns out I am wrong about this or it doesn't pan out how I want then I will have invested a mere tenner a month and I will cancel my DD and continue my life.

Basically I think there is enough for me to give the CIC a chance and if it fails I will always be wondering if we have just passed up a wonderful opportunity for our club.

For anyone swithering, if they don't get enough backing by the deadline then we will never know if it would have been a good thing or a bad thing and we will just be left with the speculation that we have now. I have submitted my DD mandate because I genuinely believe that they trying are to do something "good" for the club, despite some rough edges here and there.

I believe that I will get to vote on the CICs stance on ALL decisions that will go to an SMFC boardroom vote.

I believe that there will be at LEAST an AGM that will allow decisions to be made by me and all the other members i.e. not just one vote every 3 years and the board make the rest of the decisions without consulting me.

I believe that if I want, I can nominate myself to join the CIC board and if you all vote for me then I WILL be on the board so fan representation is entirely realistic.

If it turns out I am wrong about this or it doesn't pan out how I want then I will have invested a mere tenner a month and I will cancel my DD and continue my life.

Basically I think there is enough for me to give the CIC a chance and if it fails I will always be wondering if we have just passed up a wonderful opportunity for our club.

REA has never had anything but good intentions for our club but has failed miserably in his quest to engage the support. The next meeting will be 2 men and a dug......Sid and Stu will be there but I have no info of the canine....ME maybe?