Joint Statement By 10000Hours And Selling Consortium

div

Guest TPAFKATS

As Div pointed out earlier, there are terms built into contracts in case of relegation, what I would like to know is if everyone in the SPL signed upto the contract with Sky knowing the option of pulling out due to lack of old firm games was included, then why did no one at the club make sure these options were not carried forward to the players contacts?

I guess hindsight is a great thing, but I agree with you especially after the setanta debacle.

Bud - it shouldn't be. Look in any other business environment companies have to listen to their customers or their businesses get damaged. I don't see why running a football club should be any different and I certainly don't see why they should ignore fans wishes, and more importantly the sporting principles that are crucial to the viability of the business world they operate in. Unfortunately SPL Chairmen have been corrupted by greed and self interest and its been spreading to fans for years too.

I agree it shouldn't be, but it is the situation we are in. Just as the newco fans were blinded by the players fielded and the trophies won every other SPL club's fans have been blinded to some extent. How many times on this forum alone have you seen a comment along the limes of we should go and buy a 20 goal a season striker ?

Under the CiC we will all have a say and we will all have to be able to live with the consequences of some of those decisions so they have to be based on the facts.

Personally I don't see Sky walking away I think the worst case scenario is the tv deal reducing by 25% but I'd much rather know the facts and I hope the SPL have been talking with Sky so the clubs have all the facts when it comes to the vote. I also wonder if Sky will reduce the deal, this whole saga has shown how all the fans of the diddy clubs can be united and those thousands of fans could decide to boycott Sky tv and internet and the Murdoch media.

Nah you've lost me again Sid. What are they ignoring fans on? There's a vote - the members will get their vote. It looks like it's working as promised.

If any club ignores the fans then they'll be very sorry come the new season.

If Stu....If...1eye.gif

If any club ignores the fans then they'll be very sorry come the new season.

If Stu....If...1eye.gif

Ok - but is presenting the customers with the facts and giving them a vote on what direction the BOD's should take an example of a business ignoring their customers?

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Maybe folk are forgetting the bigger picture....our vote could mean f**k all anyway if 5 other clubs vote No.

I think it means a lot to fans - however, I'm guessing you mean in relation to issue number 2......Bii balking at the reduction in revenue for the club and 10000 Hours ability to manage the cashflow issues. There appears to be £100K set aside by 10000 Hours business plan in a best case scenario.

Ok - but is presenting the customers with the facts and giving them a vote on what direction the BOD's should take an example of a business ignoring their customers?

Yes, St Mirren's customers are people that attend games. Not all want 10000 Hours controlling the club - and most importantly 10000 Hours have no legal standing either in the club or as representatives of the St Mirren support. They can shove their scaremongering bollox - let ALL fans have a say, and to be frank even that would be a waste of time as we all know what fans want - a no vote.

I think if there were no Rangers in the top league , then the first thing the other 10/11 clubs do is create a fairier voting system , then propose a motion with a fairer distrubtion of the TV money , which would probably mean that the Sky deal could be considerably less for the SPL , but the teams in the bottom six clubs receiving a bigger payout.

Question for Div (A yes/no or no comment will be enough)...If Bii are on board (i.e the sky contract) will the deal complete?

Not my decision to make but there is no reason why it wouldn't happen if we had clarity on the next years SPL revenues as that would give us and the funders assurances going forward. The overall headline figure in our offer was not rejected yesterday, nor was it accepted.

Depends on what other offers are on the table I suppose but it would be a brave move to knock back a bid backed by 1,000 fans in preference to an international consortium I'd have thought.

Yes, St Mirren's customers are people that attend games. Not all want 10000 Hours controlling the club - and most importantly 10000 Hours have no legal standing either in the club or as representatives of the St Mirren support. They can shove their scaremongering bollox - let ALL fans have a say, and to be frank even that would be a waste of time as we all know what fans want - a no vote.

Sid, I think the 900 odd members who are St Mirren supporters are perfectly capable of being representative of the whole support and I'd be utterly amazed if there was anything other than a no vote anyway. If you want you can have my vote though. I'm not a St Mirren supporter so I'll vote on your behalf.

Sid, I think the 900 odd members who are St Mirren supporters are perfectly capable of being representative of the whole support and I'd be utterly amazed if there was anything other than a no vote anyway. If you want you can have my vote though. I'm not a St Mirren supporter so I'll vote on your behalf.

Stu, some of the 10000 Hours members, like you, may not even be St Mirren fans. I also think there is a conflict of interest for 10000 Hours. If you give one group of fans the right to vote then you should be opening it up for season ticket holders and other fans too. The vote os going to be used as an exercise in trying to convince fans to vote yes. We've already seen the beginnings of it. If there is information availble get it out to all fans and let all fans vote on it.

As a test case this proposed vote isn't inspiring me with confidence.

We're not even being asked to make a decision, just to take a vote to help influence a decision.

We've got people bitching about why they aren't getting a vote.

A CIC vs Everyone else split is developing

People assuming what the decision should be before the questions are even asked

People slamming the fact that a question is being asked in the first place

People making threats about what will happen if the vote doesn't go the way they want

It's hardly a ringing endorsement of fan ownership and we've not even nearly got started.

Lunatics running the asylum.............

Stu, some of the 10000 Hours members, like you, may not even be St Mirren fans. I also think there is a conflict of interest for 10000 Hours. If you give one group of fans the right to vote then you should be opening it up for season ticket holders and other fans too. The vote os going to be used as an exercise in trying to convince fans to vote yes. We've already seen the beginnings of it. If there is information availble get it out to all fans and let all fans vote on it.

What's the practicalities of the open vote though Sid? How many St Mirren fans have an online account? What is a St Mirren fan? Do those "Far Flung Fuds" you talk about deserve a vote despite having been to less matches at Greenhill Road than your average Morton fan? And how do you know that everyone who claims to be a St Mirren fan actually is one? Do you ask them a question about St Mirren history that only a fan might know? I'm sure it was Div who couldn't name the 1987 Cup Winning team, whilst I could so how would that work?

10000hours appears to represent somewhere between 50% and 33% of the overall St Mirren support, when you consider that political opinion polls are deemed reasonably scientific when their sample size is around 1,000 out of a population of 60m I would imagine that 10000hours have a good sample size. You're right that there are going to be people in there who aren't St Mirren supporters - me and WWW 98's to name two - but I've already offered you my vote, and even if you don't want it I've been clear the whole way through that my opinion is that sporting integrity trumps all. It seems clear to me that we're seeing the implementation of the voting mechanism that 10000hours promised and if they present a lob sided campaign I'm sure guys like you, I, Chico, Dibble, Bluto etc will soon present the counter argument to keep it honest.

We're not even being asked to make a decision, just to take a vote to help influence a decision.

People making threats about what will happen if the vote doesn't go the way they want

It's hardly a ringing endorsement of fan ownership and we've not even nearly got started.

And I was slated for saying St Mirren fans are too stupid....:rolleyes:

Have you never been to a Renfrewshire Cnutcil chambers meeting.....this is how democracy works.

My main and laboured point is that the statement from 10000 Hours was not the best. It is a pretty tense time for fans and throwing the scumgers issue into the mix makes it worse. Clarity is absolutely critical and yet again we're left with muddle. Nobody was surprised there was going to be a delay; however the half explained revelations were pish poor.

Its almost as if we've been time warped back into the dark days of Tom Hendrie's gardening leave. Some bud down south joked about offering 10000 Hours their PR services...might not be a bad idea.

Do those "Far Flung Fuds" you talk about deserve a vote despite having been to less matches at Greenhill Road than your average Morton fan?

I wouldn't give far flung fuds a lick at ma shite never mind a say in the running of the club. Who the f"k do these jokers think they are? Buy a rubber duck online every five years and then want to make decisions that will impact on real supporters that attend games week in week out. No one asked them to leave their community. Great that they keep in touch with the club; however they should know their place. They can pay their tenner; however their vote should only count say a tenth of a proper fans vote.... and that goes for you too.

Not my decision to make but there is no reason why it wouldn't happen if we had clarity on the next years SPL revenues as that would give us and the funders assurances going forward. The overall headline figure in our offer was not rejected yesterday, nor was it accepted.

Depends on what other offers are on the table I suppose but it would be a brave move to knock back a bid backed by 1,000 fans in preference to an international consortium I'd have thought.

I only asked for a yes/no or no comment answer so thanks for the detail Div. I love reading between the lines and I agree it would be a massive call for SG to make any deal against the 1000 fans (and still growing). I do know you don't have a say in the deal and I'm surprised you think I do. So to sum up...If Sky continue next years deal(which they will) Bii will back the bid and CiC will complete....Yes/No or no comment??

I wouldn't give far flung fuds a lick at ma shite never mind a say in the running of the club. Who the f"k do these jokers think they are? Buy a rubber duck online every five years and then want to make decisions that will impact on real supporters that attend games week in week out. No one asked them to leave their community. Great that they keep in touch with the club; however they should know their place. They can pay their tenner; however their vote should only count say a tenth of a proper fans vote.... and that goes for you too.

Fair enough - so do you want me to vote on your behalf, or will I take my 1/10th vote as I vote no?

So to sum up...If Sky continue next years deal(which they will) Bii will back the bid and CiC will complete....Yes/No or no comment??

The CIC bid conditions will be met and we will be able to fulfil the terms of our bid. Yes.

As to whether that bid is then accepted ? That will be up to the 5 sellers to decide.

Fair enough - so do you want me to vote on your behalf, or will I take my 1/10th vote as I vote no?

Nope, I think we should bypass the vote and go straight to SG announcing our intention to vote no. If there is to be a vote then I would want to vote myself - I don't see why I should have to commit to £1.5Million of debt to do that.