Bands With Numbers In Their Name

HSS

Lord Rockingham's XI were the house band on Oh Boy! and had a number 1 hit with Hoots Mon!

Louis Armstrong's Hot Five & Seven were pivotal bands in the development of Jazz and the Hot Six although never really a formal band, more the addition of drums to the Hot Five all existed.

The vocalist (i hesitate to say singer) was the old guy in the Kilt in the Maynards (i think it was maynards) adverts which used that tune in the 80s

Where were you sitting? whistling.gif

In my office in Cathcart, i tried to leave early but was unfortunate enough to overhear the sound check before i got the train.

Robbie Williams is the best paid performer (used in the loosest possible sense) per line sung, in the world. he might be in danger of developing a work-related upper limb disorder from all the time he spends walking around with a mic in his outstretched hand

Cant be bothered to scroll, has anyone mentioned 3 dog night?

If not, 3 dog night.

You're repeating the guy who repeated 10 Years After in the same post.....

Think it's time to close this, people can't be arsed checking what's been said already and we're getting lots of repetition now.

Before it gets closed, has anyone mentioned The Young Ones?

:)

In my office in Cathcart, i tried to leave early but was unfortunate enough to overhear the sound check before i got the train.

Robbie Williams is the best paid performer (used in the loosest possible sense) per line sung, in the world. he might be in danger of developing a work-related upper limb disorder from all the time he spends walking around with a mic in his outstretched hand

A generalisation that is wrong.

Sure, there are some classic Williams song that the crowd take over but this would probably be around 5% of the time. This takes place with many artists. Coldplay, Neil Diamond to name 2. (See included a number lol.gif )

Just for your information, as you weren't there and have formed an opinion based on (not entirely sure) Williams has great stage presence, not the best singer in the world, but has something that endears him to the crowd. This was the main reason I went to see him as when I seen him with Take That last year there was certainly something special when he appeared on the stage.

Last nights concert, for me, was only average as I didn't know quite a few of the songs. Not the artists fault, mines as I have copies of his recent albums but have not listened to them in sufficient depth to "know" the songs. I'm certainly in the camp that prefers concerts to be well known songs, but, as I said, this is down to me, not Williams.

He was on the stage for 2 hours, I cannot fault his performance and the stage show was pretty good.

The crowd, mainly females, certainly enjoyed it.

Kenny Rodgers and the 1st edition

Must say I have to congratulate you for this gem, I was considering posting it myself. Probably best know for their contribution to The Big Lebowski soundtrack these days you certainly make a strong candidate for the being site's resident Dude!

The crowd, mainly females, certainly enjoyed it.

Went to see Walter Trout a few years ago on one of the nights RW was playing with Take That - the train up was rowdy with lots of 30something laydeez knocking back bottles of Bacardi & alcopops etc. nologo.gif - rowdiest train I've been on in years.

On the way back saw many of the same laydeez who by this time were generally looking in a post-coital state, so the boys must've been on form that night. ooolala-sign.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Must say I have to congratulate you for this gem, I was considering posting it myself. Probably best know for their contribution to The Big Lebowski soundtrack these days you certainly make a strong candidate for the being site's resident Dude!

Went to see Walter Trout a few years ago on one of the nights RW was playing with Take That - the train up was rowdy with lots of 30something laydeez knocking back bottles of Bacardi & alcopops etc. nologo.gif - rowdiest train I've been on in years.

On the way back saw many of the same laydeez were generally looking in a post-coital state, so the boys must've been on form that night. ooolala-sign.gif

I noticed that the amount of bevvy, both in the pub beforehand and at the concert, was considerably more than when I seen Take That. £4.50 a pint in Hampden was a rip off. Not sure what they were charging for other drinks.

On the way back saw many of the same laydeez who by this time were generally looking in a post-coital state, so the boys must've been on form that night. ooolala-sign.gif

Having closely observed the polyester-clad hordes (yes, HORDES) on several occasions, that statement makes me feel more than a little queasy.

their sopping wet leggings would be the reason for the sticky pavements and distinctive aroma that pervaded the Mount Florida area for several days afterwards, until now i thought the chippy had been on fire.

It is said that a stadium full of take-that fans are dressed in so many man-made materials that their jeggings could generate a static charge big enough to bring down a jumbo-jet

Edited by beyond our ken

Having closely observed the polyester-clad hordes (yes, HORDES) on several occasions, that statement makes me feel more than a little queasy.

their sopping wet leggings would be the reason for the sticky pavements and distinctive aroma that pervaded the Mount Florida area for several days afterwards, until now i thought the chippy had been on fire.

It is said that a stadium full of take-that fans are dressed in so many man-made materials that their jeggings could generate a static charge big enough to bring down a jumbo-jet

I love it when a thread digresses but perhaps in this instance I've got it wrong and it was a tribute to the top act in town that night Walter Trout! spudnikdaddyo.gif

You're repeating the guy who repeated 10 Years After in the same post.....

Think it's time to close this, people can't be arsed checking what's been said already

Ok,let's change things.No more numbers.

Bands or Singers that their 1st name begins with the same letter as their 2nd name.Bonus points if you can get one with 3 names.

I'll start you off with Faraways favourite band......

Take That

Edited by HSS