shull

Humans Causing Climate Emergency

I do wonder what 30200 delegates and leaders will be eating in Glasgow hotels and restaurants after they have flown into Scotland from all over the planet. 

Some Eco Dudes on the Radio earlier demanding I should eat plants and no more animals 

Night night all. 

Be up for my Roll and Bacon around 7am. 

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
5 hours ago, shull said:

From misery to happiness?

Fair play to this young kid. She is prepared to actually try constructive things rather than sitting back whinging on the internet like most of us.

Whether you support her view or not, we could do with more people like her.

I know you put that up because you think we should be laughing at folk like him but he actually got his point across quite well by sticking to his message. Whether you agree with him or not, whether or not you think he is being alarmist, that's a different matter.

He is right, AFAIK, that all the science (or at least the stuff not funded by those with a vested interest in making money from the status quo) points to catastrophic change. As I've said before, the planet will survive but the human race may not.

If we don't survive, the planet will recover quite quickly (as we aren't here to f**k it up) then, after a few hundred thousand years, another "intelligent" animal may arise and they will probably f**k it up as well. Maybe it's just the way of things.

24 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I know you put that up because you think we should be laughing at folk like him but he actually got his point across quite well by sticking to his message. Whether you agree with him or not, whether or not you think he is being alarmist, that's a different matter.

He is right, AFAIK, that all the science (or at least the stuff not funded by those with a vested interest in making money from the status quo) points to catastrophic change. As I've said before, the planet will survive but the human race may not.

If we don't survive, the planet will recover quite quickly (as we aren't here to f**k it up) then, after a few hundred thousand years, another "intelligent" animal may arise and they will probably f**k it up as well. Maybe it's just the way of things.

God will help. :P

31 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

That was a brilliant interview.

Roger kept his focus really well, used good analogies and was crystal clear throughout.

The interviewer didn't land a glove on him.

Whether you agree with his views or not, that was a compelling watch.

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That was a brilliant interview.

Roger kept his focus really well, used good analogies and was crystal clear throughout.

The interviewer didn't land a glove on him.

Whether you agree with his views or not, that was a compelling watch.

Part of the problem with public perception is guys like you mention are not seen as credible.

While there are very real, as much as Shull tries to demean them, and obvious signs we need to make some changes there are some people who are seen as extremists and that in itself diminishes the dangers and debate.

More people that the general public can relate to, the recent speeches by Attenborough for example, would help get the public more on board.

This weeks hullabaloo about members of the royal family using aeroplanes, is, IMO, more about selling newspapers than having any real relevance.

Anyway, I'm driving to work today as the cost and time using public transport makes it unreasonable.

I'll fly abroad for a holiday as walking/swimming to Tenerife isn't really feasible. 

God will help. 
Get that in the right thread. :)

Although, you do have a point. Most of the "climate deniers" in the US are right wing evangelical christians who are determined to bring about Armageddon (yes, I know it's actually the place it is supposed to take place and not the name of the event itself). Bringing the world closer to disaster, at least from a human perspective, is what they want, they want war and destruction to fulfill their book's prophecy - and if they can make a few bucks doing so, they will.

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

Get that in the right thread. :)

Although, you do have a point. Most of the "climate deniers" in the US are right wing evangelical christians who are determined to bring about Armageddon (yes, I know it's actually the place it is supposed to take place and not the name of the event itself). Bringing the world closer to disaster, at least from a human perspective, is what they want, they want war and destruction to fulfill their book's prophecy - and if they can make a few bucks doing so, they will.

God can be in every thread, pray for forgiveness, ya twat. :P