The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah.

Let's roll out the ex-prime minister who sold off our gold reserves for a pittance and then bankrupted the UK.

Sheer genius.lol.gif

The guy who raided our pension funds and now is telling us we can't afford pensions.

Wow. Just......wow!

Brown is as deluded as Dickson who thinks the No campaign tactics are working.

If, by working you mean seeing their lead drop from 15% to 2% in just a few months then I suppose you could lay claim to that.

Duke and Lex will be along in a minute telling us that the Yes campaign should just give up now.

Could one of our No supporters explain what's going on here, I'm confused:

It's very simple. It's as I've been saying all along. The Yes Campaign has made a load of promises for an Independent Scotland, and they've failed to show that any of them are financially viable.

The SNP has already admitted that pensions are under threat. They've said that we need to open our doors and to attract loads of immigrant workers to pay the taxes that will support our pensioners. There's no indication that immigrants are queuing up to come to Scotland though. Even when Gordon Brown and Tony Blair left the door open they didn't head here in large numbers, instead the majority went to England, where they want to go.

This year the Scottish Government ran the Scottish budget into a massively increased deficit - the only part of the UK to increase their deficit. They overspent their pocket money wildly and showed that fiscally they cannot be trusted. An Independent Scotland that doesn't have England underwriting their debts would simply have to cut services to make ends meet, but instead the SNP are promising the world and providing no evidence to back it.

Anyone voting yes is simply foolish.

I m very simple. It's as I've been saying all along. The No Campaign has made a load of promises for an Independent Scotland, and they've failed to show that any of them are financially viable.

That Cnut, Diamond Dave has already admitted that pensions are under threat. They've said that we need to open our doors and to attract loads of Tory workers to pay the taxes that will support our pensioners. There's no indication that Tory's are queuing up to come to Scotland though. Even when Gordon the Gopher and Tony Bland left the door open they didn't head here in large numbers, instead the majority went to Wishaw, where they want to go.

This year the Unionist Government ran the Scottish budget into a massively increased deficit - the only part of the UK to give fcuk. They overspent their pocket money wildly and showed that like the fat pipe-fitter, They cannot be trusted. An Independent Scotland that doesn't have England papping their debts would simply have to improve the definition of poverty to make ends meet, but instead the patronising 4 way attack are promising the world and providing no evidence to back it.

Anyone voting No is simply foolish.

Well put Lard Arse, Just wish you had eaten Cold meat from your Local Butcher in the Years gone Bye ? whistling.gif

It's very simple. It's as I've been saying all along. The Yes Campaign has made a load of promises for an Independent Scotland, and they've failed to show that any of them are financially viable.

The SNP has already admitted that pensions are under threat. They've said that we need to open our doors and to attract loads of immigrant workers to pay the taxes that will support our pensioners. There's no indication that immigrants are queuing up to come to Scotland though. Even when Gordon Brown and Tony Blair left the door open they didn't head here in large numbers, instead the majority went to England, where they want to go.

This year the Scottish Government ran the Scottish budget into a massively increased deficit - the only part of the UK to increase their deficit. They overspent their pocket money wildly and showed that fiscally they cannot be trusted. An Independent Scotland that doesn't have England underwriting their debts would simply have to cut services to make ends meet, but instead the SNP are promising the world and providing no evidence to back it.

Anyone voting yes is simply foolish.

We all know that you think that anyone who does not agree with you is stupid. As for the Scottish Government increasing its deficit in the past year, can you tell us what has happened to the UK deficit? (Here's a clue - http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/03/28/uk-britain-economy-idUKBREA2R0H520140328 " For 2013 as a whole, the current account deficit stood at 4.4 percent of GDP, the widest deficit since 1989.").

Check this out too. http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/. Is this indicative of good governance by the UK Government?

We all know that you think that anyone who does not agree with you is stupid. As for the Scottish Government increasing its deficit in the past year, can you tell us what has happened to the UK deficit? (Here's a clue - http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/03/28/uk-britain-economy-idUKBREA2R0H520140328 " For 2013 as a whole, the current account deficit stood at 4.4 percent of GDP, the widest deficit since 1989.").

Check this out too. http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/. Is this indicative of good governance by the UK Government?

Oh FFS - are you really confusing the state of peoples personal bank accounts with the state of the national economy?

As for the UK economy - well the deficit has reduced year on year since the coalition government came into power.

This well written and explanatory article from the BBC might help you and others struggling to understand the subject. As you can see from the charts the National Debt increases year on year. It will continue to do that until we start to spend less money than we earn. However in the UK every year since 2010 we have earned more which has meant that the rate we add to our national debt is reducing - ie the deficit is reducing.

In Scotland in 2013 in we became the only part of the UK to INCREASE OUR DEFICIT and we did so at an extremely alarming rate. Our budget deficit was £12Bn - an eye watering deficit for a nation with a population of just 6m. To put that into context that means the SNP overspent at the rate of £2,000 per person in Scotland in just 12 months. How did that happen? Well North Sea Oil Tax Receipts fell by 24% due to the fall in the value of Brent Crude whilst Alex Salmond, John Swinney etc, predicted - against all their "laureate advisers" advice - that oil prices would rise to a price seldom seen since history began, never mind held. Indeed in 2012-13 the SNP proved claims that Scotland IS subsidised by the rest of the UK. Scotland got 9.3% of UK government spending but only contributed 9.1% of tax revenue.

As I said, anyone planning to vote Yes in September is extremely foolish especially if they are only doing so because they think that financially we will be better off.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Oh FFS - are you really confusing the state of peoples personal bank accounts with the state of the national economy?

As for the UK economy - well the deficit has reduced year on year since the coalition government came into power.

This well written and explanatory article from the BBC might help you and others struggling to understand the subject. As you can see from the charts the National Debt increases year on year. It will continue to do that until we start to spend less money than we earn. However in the UK every year since 2010 we have earned more which has meant that the rate we add to our national debt is reducing - ie the deficit is reducing.

In Scotland in 2013 in we became the only part of the UK to INCREASE OUR DEFICIT and we did so at an extremely alarming rate. Our budget deficit was £12Bn - an eye watering deficit for a nation with a population of just 6m. To put that into context that means the SNP overspent at the rate of £2,000 per person in Scotland in just 12 months. How did that happen? Well North Sea Oil Tax Receipts fell by 24% due to the fall in the value of Brent Crude whilst Alex Salmond, John Swinney etc, predicted - against all their "laureate advisers" advice - that oil prices would rise to a price seldom seen since history began, never mind held. Indeed in 2012-13 the SNP proved claims that Scotland IS subsidised by the rest of the UK. Scotland got 9.3% of UK government spending but only contributed 9.1% of tax revenue.

As I said, anyone planning to vote Yes in September is extremely foolish especially if they are only doing so because they think that financially we will be better off.

Stuart, Away and play with your small member, Lay aff the Keyboard and masterbate more - Your Diatribe is f**king Pure Pish, Spouted by the smell of your own shite ? jerry.gif

I was not aware that I mentioned personal bank accounts anywhere in my post, but, of course, you only see what you want to see, and I have never said that I think that independence will make me better off.

Perhaps you might care to have a look at this and tell me what you think.

"In 2012-13, the estimated current budget balance for the public sector in Scotland was a deficit of £14.2 billion (11.2% of GDP) excluding North Sea revenue, a deficit of £13.6 billion (10.6% of GDP) including a per capita share of North Sea revenue or a deficit of £8.6 billion (5.9% of GDP) including an illustrative geographical share of North Sea revenue.

In 2012-13, the UK as a whole ran a current budget deficit, including 100 per cent of North Sea revenue, of £91.9 billion (5.8% of GDP).

In 2012-13, Scotland’s estimated net fiscal balance was a deficit of £17.6 billion (14.0% of GDP) when excluding North Sea revenue, a deficit of £17.1 billion (13.3% of GDP) when including a per capita share of North Sea revenue or a deficit of £12.1 billion (8.3% of GDP) when a geographical share of North Sea revenue is included.

In 2012-13, the equivalent UK position including 100 per cent of North Sea revenue, referred to in the UK Public Sector Accounts as ‘net borrowing’, was a deficit of £114.8 billion (or 7.3% of GDP)."

It seems to me that if Scotland had the receipts from a geographical share of the oil and gas revenue the figures and rUK had its geographical share then the two would have very similar figures.

Just remind us, didn't George Osborne say the UK would be debt free years earlier than when it really possibly will be. 1eye.gif

Oh go on then. You'll need to find me evidence of that one. I don't think any Chancellor would claim their country would ever be debt free. To be honest I think you are proving you don't have a clue when it comes to the economy. Is your name Alex Salmond?

Oh go on then. Pluck my chicken,You'll need to find me evidence of that one. I don't think any Chancer apart from Me, would claim their country would ever be debt free. To be honest I think you are proving that self masturbation when it comes to the economy. Is your name Stuart Dickson?

True colours showing you master debater Stuart ? whistling.gif

I was not aware that I mentioned personal bank accounts anywhere in my post, but, of course, you only see what you want to see, and I have never said that I think that independence will make me better off.

Perhaps you might care to have a look at this and tell me what you think.

"In 2012-13, the estimated current budget balance for the public sector in Scotland was a deficit of £14.2 billion (11.2% of GDP) excluding North Sea revenue, a deficit of £13.6 billion (10.6% of GDP) including a per capita share of North Sea revenue or a deficit of £8.6 billion (5.9% of GDP) including an illustrative geographical share of North Sea revenue.

In 2012-13, the UK as a whole ran a current budget deficit, including 100 per cent of North Sea revenue, of £91.9 billion (5.8% of GDP).

In 2012-13, Scotland’s estimated net fiscal balance was a deficit of £17.6 billion (14.0% of GDP) when excluding North Sea revenue, a deficit of £17.1 billion (13.3% of GDP) when including a per capita share of North Sea revenue or a deficit of £12.1 billion (8.3% of GDP) when a geographical share of North Sea revenue is included.

In 2012-13, the equivalent UK position including 100 per cent of North Sea revenue, referred to in the UK Public Sector Accounts as ‘net borrowing’, was a deficit of £114.8 billion (or 7.3% of GDP)."

The Reuters article you quoted is about household finances and current accounts. If you could read you might have noticed that but you're a dozy Nat and you've not got a clue about budgets and finance - clearly :rolleyes:

As for the rest of your quote I really can't understand the point you are making. No matter what Scotland does in those figures it's running a bigger deficit than the rest of the UK as a percentage of GDP. And either way you cannot deflect from the fact that everything the SNP has done with regard to the Yes Campaign is very heavily reliant on Oil Revenues and ridiculously over optimistic North Sea Oil Prices.

The Utter bullshit article you quoted is about Food banks and Poverty and Post Office accounts. If you could read you might have noticed that, I am a dozy Tory f**kwhit and you've not got a clue about budgets and finance - clearly rolleyes.gif

As for the rest You really can't understand the point you are making. No matter what, Me, The Bawbag from Bangor and Bluto Spout, these figures Show that we are talking pish ? it's running a bigger shambolic campaign than the rest of the UK. And either way you cannot deflect from the fact that everything the Tubby lard arse f**k whit's like me has done with regard to the Yes Campaign is very heavily reliant on ,Me spouting Pish about Oil Revenues and ridiculously over optimistic North Sea Oil Prices. phone.gif

The Utter bullshit article you quoted is about Food banks and Poverty and Post Office accounts. If you could read you might have noticed that, I am a dozy Tory f**kwhit and you've not got a clue about budgets and finance - clearly rolleyes.gif

As for the rest You really can't understand the point you are making. No matter what, Me, The Bawbag from Bangor and Bluto Spout, these figures Show that we are talking pish ? it's running a bigger shambolic campaign than the rest of the UK. And either way you cannot deflect from the fact that everything the Tubby lard arse f**k whit's like me has done with regard to the Yes Campaign is very heavily reliant on ,Me spouting Pish about Oil Revenues and ridiculously over optimistic North Sea Oil Prices. phone.gif

punk.gifpunk.gifpunk.gif

Guest TPAFKATS

The "financial basket case" Republic of Ireland state pension is £180 compared to £113 in the "better together, best of both worlds" uk.

The "financial basket case" Republic of Ireland state pension is £180 compared to £113 in the "better together, best of both worlds" uk.

Are you planning to turn Scotland into Ireland again?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/03/13/uk-ireland-economy-idUKBREA2C0T520140313

Here let me do what the Yes Campaign does. If you all vote No and vote for Stuart Dicksons Truly Brilliant Party I'll pledge that every pensioner will get £20,000 per annum. rolleyes.gif It's all completely costed. I'm going to finance it from tax revenue from North Sea Oil which I expect to sell for $2m per barrel.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Guest TPAFKATS

Does anyone know the last time dicko actually answered with a post that was relevant to the post that he quoted? Has it ever happened? Will he answer this with yet more deflection...or is it defecation?

I used the wrong word, Mean't to write debt reducing. Now, how many billions did that cost us?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26648781

So what happened to the debt reducing by 2015. He made it up, Is Stuart Dickson really George Osborne. 1eye.gif

We await the normal reply, it wasn't our fault, it was a big boy that done it and ran away. lol.gif

That's because you know that's the truth. After that statement was made the UK bailed out the Irish banks in a way that will in the long term make us a great deal of profit and we had to help bail out Greece, Spain and Portugal because we're members of the EU. The UK is now on target to being in surplus by 2017 and as you can see in every single report and chart in 2010 the Coalition Government have been reducing the size of the deficit year on year in all constituent parts of the UK except for one - Scotland.

George Osbourne has proven to be capable of running an economy whilst Scottish politicians have proven to be about as reliable with money as a bankrupt drunk or a Rangers Chairman.

Does anyone know the last time dicko actually answered with a post that was relevant to the post that he quoted? Has it ever happened? Will he answer this with yet more deflection...or is it defecation?

No deflection from me. I am simply asking if you Nationalists are back to claiming that we could have it as good as the Irish if we had independence. Your great leader believed that Ireland was a Grade A example of what Scotland could be and then the Irish banks collapsed f**king the Irish economy and he dropped that comparison faster

Irish pensioners may well be getting a larger pension than UK pensioners, but then they don't have an NHS, they don't get free bus passes for six years after UK pensioners do, and they don't get a winter fuel allowance. You'll also find that Irish Students have to pay for their university places and yet despite all of that the Irish economy is still f**ked, still shrinking and their unemployment rates stand at 11.8% compared to the UK at 7.2%.

You can get your wee Irish stiffy if you want it, but anyone reading your pish really should look into the bigger picture. :rolleyes:

Yep, it's not going to get any better. The Yes Campaign still won't be producing any evidence, and the No Campaign will stick to the tactics that are working for them and in between it all is a very small number of voters who claim that they still haven't decided and who will most likely not vote on the day.

The whole referendum campaign has gone on far too long. Most people know how they are going to answer the question and there's nothing being presented to them that will make them change their mind. I'll confidently predict right now that in September the No Campaign will win easily with around about twice the number of votes that the Yes Campaign gets.

OK Mr Confident, £10 bet for charidee? What odds will you give me? Sounds like 2/1

Over the weekend I think I swayed two female friends to move from leaning to NO to leaning to YES. Keep working away guys smile.png

I think I've turned a few folks over the last few weeks....

Could one of our No supporters explain what's going on here, I'm confused:

Anyone?

No deflection from me. I am simply asking if you Nationalists are back to claiming that we could have it as good as the Irish if we had independence. Your great leader believed that Ireland was a Grade A example of what Scotland could be and then the Irish banks collapsed f**king the Irish economy and he dropped that comparison faster

Irish pensioners may well be getting a larger pension than UK pensioners, but then they don't have an NHS, they don't get free bus passes for six years after UK pensioners do, and they don't get a winter fuel allowance. You'll also find that Irish Students have to pay for their university places and yet despite all of that the Irish economy is still f**ked, still shrinking and their unemployment rates stand at 11.8% compared to the UK at 7.2%.

You can get your wee Irish stiffy if you want it, but anyone reading your pish really should look into the bigger picture. rolleyes.gif

Can't be arsed checking any of your claims/lies, but I do know for a fact that my Irish Mother-In-Law gets a winter fuel allowance... coal, gas or oil.

The Reuters article you quoted is about household finances and current accounts. If you could read you might have noticed that but you're a dozy Nat and you've not got a clue about budgets and finance - clearly rolleyes.gif

As for the rest of your quote I really can't understand the point you are making. No matter what Scotland does in those figures it's running a bigger deficit than the rest of the UK as a percentage of GDP. And either way you cannot deflect from the fact that everything the SNP has done with regard to the Yes Campaign is very heavily reliant on Oil Revenues and ridiculously over optimistic North Sea Oil Prices.

Proof again that you only see what you want to see or that you are dozier than you seem to think I am.. The headline of the Reuters article says it all

UK posts big current account deficit

I can find only one reference to household finances - "But a fall in household incomes - down 0.1 percent from the third quarter - and a decline in the savings ratio to 5.0 percent from 5.6 percent raised concerns about how long the recovery could last." - and this seems to me to make no mention of current accounts but to refer to a fall in household incomes and savings in the UK, largely as a result of Coalition government policy which is designed to reward their rich friends.

You have, as usual, made no mention of the fact that the UK figures assume that the UK gets all of the North sea revenue at present,which it will not do after Scottish independence.