The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looking like today's been a success for the NO vote, combination of the harsh reality and the big name politicians have, IMO, closed the door on the NO vote.

It's all over, been a good exercise and Scotland has come through in a better position as part of the UK.

Rule Britannia. smile.png

shouldn't that be "closed the door on the yes vote" unless of course you don't have a clue what you're on about

nice constructive post

Not knocking you. France is a mess politically and economically at the moment. and when did the french ever say anything positive about Britain? The Yes folk are consistent on here. They copy and paste anything that is negative about the UK without engaging their brain and thinking it through.

Looking like today's been a success for the NO vote

Aye they've temporarily stemmed the absolute f**king deluge of voters moving from No to Yes in 2 out of 4 polls.

I think that counts as a successful day for No to be fair.

Not sure what the big name politicians have to do with it though.

It'll be a week before we find out what effect David Cameron almost crying on live TV and Gordon Brown using his own daughters death to score political points will have had.

I predict that one moment will see the vote swing to 95% No.

Not knocking you. France is a mess politically and economically at the moment. and when did the french ever say anything positive about Britain? The Yes folk are consistent on here. They copy and paste anything that is negative about the UK without engaging their brain and thinking it through.

Quite right. Only No voters have brains.

That's us telt.

Could your head be any further up your own arse when you don't have it rammed up blutos, shulls and Dicksons?

lol.gif

Aye they've temporarily stemmed the absolute f**king deluge of voters moving from No to Yes in 2 out of 4 polls.

I think that counts as a successful day for No to be fair.

Not sure what the big name politicians have to do with it though.

It'll be a week before we find out what effect David Cameron almost crying on live TV and Gordon Brown using his own daughters death to score political points will have had.

I predict that one moment will see the vote swing to 95% No.

Care to have a bet on the result then Mr Condescending?

Night night zzzzzzzzz

Care to have a bet on the result then Mr Condescending?

Naw. I'd only bet £100 at odds of 2-1 for a Yes win.

That would require you to be able to count beyond the number of fingers and toes you have.

Frankly I couldn't take the stress of watching you fumbling around trying to work out what comes after 20.

Looking like today's been a success for the NO vote, combination of the harsh reality and the big name politicians have, IMO, closed the door on the NO vote.

It's all over, been a good exercise and Scotland has come through in a better position as part of the UK.

Rule Britannia. smile.png

Been kind of busy today but what I've seen on line and in news bulletins I think you're right. The No people were too complacent but have had a wake-up call. Industry and commerce are now coming out and telling it as they see it and it's not what Yes want to hear. It's down to the nitty gritty now and in the harsh light of dawn the electorate will look at the economics where Yes is a mess. Anyone who thinks the Yes crowd have been convincing about the economy simply doesn't understand economics. The bad news which Yes were crowing about the other day when the £ dropped and the footsie slipped said a lot more about a potential Scottish economy than the UK. Nobody said naivety is a crime I suppose.

It's actually true Rick. Nothing to do with either the french or yes camp. You won't have seen it on your state broadcaster though.

Don't know what state broadcaster you're talking about. Enlighten me. I do realise that anyone who believes every utterance from the Yes campaign is bound to be a sucker for what the French say when it is typically negative about the UK.

Been kind of busy today but what I've seen on line and in news bulletins I think you're right. The No people were too complacent but have had a wake-up call. Industry and commerce are now coming out and telling it as they see it and it's not what Yes want to hear. It's down to the nitty gritty now and in the harsh light of dawn the electorate will look at the economics where Yes is a mess. Anyone who thinks the Yes crowd have been convincing about the economy simply doesn't understand economics. The bad news which Yes were crowing about the other day when the £ dropped and the footsie slipped said a lot more about a potential Scottish economy than the UK. Nobody said naivety is a crime I suppose.

Or..... It could be that today's gross media bias has been seen by more undecided voters who have now decided they don't want to live in a country where opposing political views don't receive fair coverage? I know the BT campaign were always banging on about Scotland having a currency like Panama, however I never thought the UK government would employ banana republic censorship of the media.

As for market instability, its created by the referendum NOT by the possibility of independence.

Guest TPAFKATS

Don't know what state broadcaster you're talking about. Enlighten me. I do realise that anyone who believes every utterance from the Yes campaign is bound to be a sucker for what the French say when it is typically negative about the UK.

Did you not read my post? It's not something made up by the French.

Is there an estimated time that the result will be known. I'm guessing some time on Friday but anybody have an idea when?

It means I'll go to bed as a European and wake up in the morning as a European.

Get used to it

Not Norway... Again!

Yes prices are yes taxes are higher...so are wages.

Yet they still have a larger disposable income than we do in Scotland or UK.

Oh, and they are still consistently up there in the top 3 countries to live in and happiness index.

Still, I'm sure not every norwegian is happy.

Tell me Tony - if you discovered that the UK government was sitting on cash reserves worth £90,000 per person in the UK how would you feel about it when you know that you are still having to work till lunch before you earn any money for yourself thanks to the massive 40% minimum Income Tax tax band? How would you feel knowing that every purchase you make was still subject to a massive 25% VAT? How would you feel knowing that when you buy a new car you're paying double what it costs in Europe because of your governments desire to tax you out of existence? And how would you feel about it knowing that there still a relatively high number of Norwegians who are classed as homeless, many more who live in "poverty" and where almost 0.5% of your population still has to use food banks?

In an average family unit where there's two adults and two kids, how do you think they would feel knowing that David Cameron was hoarding just under £400,000 of YOUR money in their account whilst you are forced to borrow money to buy your house?

I'm glad we aren't anything like Norway, if I wanted to live in a place like Norway I would have moved out there years ago.