The Old Firestation Up For Auction.

TC7

I see the old fire station building is going up for auction. Would be nice to see someting done with it eventually.

Its great building, shame its been left to rot sad.png

Like so many great building in Paisley. The drill hall next the uni is the same, In fact if you walk through the town centre the place is in a sorry state, lots interesting floral and fungi growing from the buildings, its time this useless Labour council done something about it, absolute disgrace

Guest somner9

I see the old fire station building is going up for auction. Would be nice to see someting done with it eventually.

Its great building, shame its been left to rot sad.png

These guys are looking for a suitable property

GHOSTBUSTERS--008.jpg

There is something on the Paisley facebook site, think they are trying to see if they can raise funds to bid for the building. Cracking building being left to rot.

Do-gooders raising £60K isn't what's needed here. It requires a developer with backing in the region of £10M to make a success of it.

Having said that, if I was advising any developers, I'd be recommending buying and converting the old Hospital (latterly carehome) on Calside.

Edited by civilsaint

Do-gooders raising £60K isn't what's needed here. It requires a developer with backing in the region of £10M to make a success of it.

Having said that, if I was advising any developers, I'd be recommending buying and converting the old Hospital (latterly carehome) on Calside.

I'm sure I heard a few months back that someone was looking at that building, redeloping it into flats

I'm amazed after all these years that Paisley's finest apartment block with lobby parking still hasn't been redeveloped. Presumably the stranglehold the one way system has around it doesn't help. Perhaps an underpass on Johnston Street side of Gordon street, allowing the the connection of the building to Johnston Street, creating a continental style plaza could be a goer...?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably the same Buddies I knew. Mah Faither's cousin, Joe Hartel and his family, lived in what we thought was a HUGE hoose up there. They moved to a real big hoose, when Joe was promoted further and became the Chief Training Officer for Scotland at the training place at Dunbar.

Probably the same Buddies I knew. Mah Faither's cousin, Joe Hartel and his family, lived in what we thought was a HUGE hoose up there. They moved to a real big hoose, when Joe was promoted further and became the Chief Training Officer for Scotland at the training place at Dunbar.

That is the name, Bluto. Was his son at Camphill or was he a Neilsonian? Damned if I can remember. An awful nice guy. Met him at a few piss-ups.

That is the name, Bluto. Was his son at Camphill or was he a Neilsonian? Damned if I can remember. An awful nice guy. Met him at a few piss-ups.

Think the latter. I only really knew my 'uncle' and his wife. He must have been younger....?

Eta: just tried googling Joe Hartel, Dunbar etc with no joy.... A lost thread. :(

Edited by bluto