Moyes Sacked

Guest TPAFKATS

Sky TV keeps comparing Moyes results this season to Sir Grumpy Nuts results last season. Not sure how many games Moyes was in charge for, but let's say it was for talking sake 50 games. A better comparison would be to show the results of Grumpy Nuts first 50 games as Man Utd manager.

Ferguson came to United after a respected and successful time at a smaller club and was a baw' hair away from getting sacked. Fans displayed banners demanding his sacking. From memory, a cup win against Forest or Norwich or Oxford or summat' kept him in his job.

Moyes came to United after a respected and somewhat 'successful' time at a smaller club, and was a baw' hair away from getting sacked. Fans hired an aeroplane to display a banner demanding his sacking. Difference is, this time United are owned by different people, and they instantly pulled the trigger.

Some say they couldn't trust Moyes with the upcoming big budget. How much of a say do managers at the world's biggest clubs these days actually have in spending zillions of pounds anyway? It is surely a team effort - with football managers, chief executives, directors of football operations, and all sorts involved at top teams. David Moyes alone would surely not have been solely responsible for his Ally McCoist-esque transfer warchest this summer.

I think the Glazers have shat it. A Champions League spot is obviously regarded by them as Man Utd's given right. Neatly forgetting Liverpool are now owned by rich Yanks, Man City are crazy rich, Chelsea have Abramovich, Spurs had the Bale money, Arsenal invested wisely and stuck by Wenger, and Everton appointed wisely in Martinez.

It's not their given right by any manner of means. Ferguson was a smart man getting out when he did. Giggs couldn't go on forever, Scholes came out of retirement to help him then retired again. Ferdinand, Evra, and possibly Vidic were finished at that level, Fletcher was suffering his mystery illness...

A massive overhaul, not just tweaking that team was required. Moyes might have suffered some properly gash results, but I think he's being hung out to dry by the Glazers.

Finally - fcuk Man Utd. Hope this marks a Liverpool-esque 24 years of hurt and relative shiteness.

Guest TPAFKATS

Pozbaird, surely its relevent for sky to compare moyes this season SAF last season as its consecutive seasons, i.e its the same competitions and roughly the same playing squad.

Pozbaird, surely its relevent for sky to compare moyes this season SAF last season as its consecutive seasons, i.e its the same competitions and roughly the same playing squad.

Indeed.

No use whatsoever comparing to SAF first season, different situation, different worlds TBH.

It does show what SAF managed to get out of what was largely agreed a very average set of players.

Sky TV keeps comparing Moyes results this season to Sir Grumpy Nuts results last season. Not sure how many games Moyes was in charge for, but let's say it was for talking sake 50 games. A better comparison would be to show the results of Grumpy Nuts first 50 games as Man Utd manager.Ferguson came to United after a respected and successful time at a smaller club and was a baw' hair away from getting sacked. Fans displayed banners demanding his sacking. From memory, a cup win against Forest or Norwich or Oxford or summat' kept him in his job.Moyes came to United after a respected and somewhat 'successful' time at a smaller club, and was a baw' hair away from getting sacked. Fans hired an aeroplane to display a banner demanding his sacking. Difference is, this time United are owned by different people, and they instantly pulled the trigger.Some say they couldn't trust Moyes with the upcoming big budget. How much of a say do managers at the world's biggest clubs these days actually have in spending zillions of pounds anyway? It is surely a team effort - with football managers, chief executives, directors of football operations, and all sorts involved at top teams. David Moyes alone would surely not have been solely responsible for his Ally McCoist-esque transfer warchest this summer.I think the Glazers have shat it. A Champions League spot is obviously regarded by them as Man Utd's given right. Neatly forgetting Liverpool are now owned by rich Yanks, Man City are crazy rich, Chelsea have Abramovich, Spurs had the Bale money, Arsenal invested wisely and stuck by Wenger, and Everton appointed wisely in Martinez.It's not their given right by any manner of means. Ferguson was a smart man getting out when he did. Giggs couldn't go on forever, Scholes came out of retirement to help him then retired again. Ferdinand, Evra, and possibly Vidic were finished at that level, Fletcher was suffering his mystery illness...A massive overhaul, not just tweaking that team was required. Moyes might have suffered some properly gash results, but I think he's being hung out to dry by the Glazers.Finally - fcuk Man Utd. Hope this marks a Liverpool-esque 24 years of hurt and relative shiteness.

The difference being Moyes took over a team that had just won the Premiership by 11 points.

Fergie took over a team that was struggling at the wrong end of the table and won Man United their first Championship for 25 years.

And your point is what exactly?

Fergie took over a team that was struggling, Moyes took over the Champions of England. How can you compare their first season in charge?

Firstly my point is exactly what I said, just clarifying your "half point" whistling.gif

Secondly, where did I say I was comparing anyone's first season in charge, ya dafty? bye1.gif

Please read post #29. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Firstly my point is exactly what I said, just clarifying your "half point" whistling.gif

Secondly, where did I say I was comparing anyone's first season in charge, ya dafty? bye1.gif

Please read post #29. lol.gif

Oh dear, Never mind, But our Danny Boy will Stay till the end of the Season ! Who give's a flying Fcuk about Moye's - He wont Be relying on the collection for Foodbanks to feed his family ? jerry.gif

I think if Moyes had managed a top 4 finish then he would still be in a job.

Not getting top 4 plus the added insult of no European football next season cost him big time.

The Glazers only interested in money and wont like losing out on £35Million.

Good luck to Giggs in the short term. Hope Danny keeps him on when he takes over in the summer :-)

Mr Moyes will undoubtedly collect himself a rather large cheque for his troubles so I do not feel sorry for him at all, in fact he is a jammy git.

More importantly I am uninterested in the fortunes of Manchester United for the following reasons

1) Manchester United are English and I am not

2) Manchester United are not due to play the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co in any sort of game in the forseeable future

3) English football as a whole is pantaloons. Give me our beloved team away to Partick Thistle on a friday night anytime!

I do have a soft spot for only one English football team but seen as they play in the Evo-stick stick league Manchester United remain completely uninteresting to me.

Mr Moyes will undoubtedly collect himself a rather large cheque for his troubles so I do not feel sorry for him at all, in fact he is a jammy git.

More importantly I am uninterested in the fortunes of Manchester United for the following reasons

1) Manchester United are English and I am not

2) Manchester United are not due to play the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co in any sort of game in the forseeable future

3) English football as a whole is pantaloons. Give me our beloved team away to Partick Thistle on a friday night anytime!

I do have a soft spot for only one English football team but seen as they play in the Evo-stick stick league Manchester United remain completely uninteresting to me.

^^^Defo not bothered ^^^