Childhood Games

HSS

A kind of hardcore hide n seek called ???Buzz off??

Nope.

Fanny!

Nope. Fanny was, I believe, used in the game called, 'Show me yours and I'll show you mine'.

I remember those bally bygone days in the woods, or park, or garages in Glenburn playing four to five day long games of Relievers.....

Somebody had the job of finding everyone else from their hiding places, rounding them up, but all could be released if you dared to run in and touch the post/tree.....

Bit like kick the can.....

Best game though was The Grand National..... Just like the real one there was always a decent injury by the end of the night.

Although you're not answering my question LP, my phrase did come from, 'Kick the Can'. I was to entice the 'hen'(?) to come and find others.

Doesn't anyone ever remember the phrase....

'Get oot the den ya hungry hen ya poacher!'

I remember those bally bygone days in the woods, or park, or garages in Glenburn playing four to five day long games of Relievers.....

Somebody had the job of finding everyone else from their hiding places, rounding them up, but all could be released if you dared to run in and touch the post/tree.....

Best game though was The Grand National..... Just like the real one there was always a decent injury by the end of the night.

Ah , Grand National :)

We would have to walk to find decent gardens to pile through , brilliant laugh and like you say some DNF :D

Nope.

Nope. Fanny was, I believe, used in the game called, 'Show me yours and I'll show you mine'.

Although you're not answering my question LP, my phrase did come from, 'Kick the Can'. I was to entice the 'hen'(?) to come and find others.

Doesn't anyone ever remember the phrase....

'Get oot the den ya hungry hen ya poacher!'

i do and yes it was from kick the can, when the person who should be searching for others would not stray far from the can

aye the hedges from no, 78 glenburn road down towards the chippy were the best for that game, until the guy in no, 76 put a length of wire across the top of his hedge - many fallers at that one, so we just went round that one and back in to the next

Edited by buddiecat