Childhood Games

HSS

One of my favourites was 'what do you want to be killed by'.

There are variations in terms of the name, but the premise was pretty straightforward - you elected to meet your end by all manner of violent and merciless means, and mimed your demise. Being atop a hill was a favourite location, as you could exploit the slope as you gasped your last breaths, tumbling down the hill in suitably dramatic fashion.

Ah....happy days!

There are variations in terms of the name, but the premise was pretty straightforward - you elected to meet your end by all manner of violent and merciless means, and mimed your demise. Being atop a hill was a favourite location, as you could exploit the slope as you gasped your last breaths, tumbling down the hill in suitably dramatic fashion.

Ah....happy days!

Show us?

Talking of golf balls, we use to visit the Normandy driving range back in the day and, erm collect the Stolen from .........Mulgrew balls. I can't remember the first name, and keep thinking of the Sellick player, Charlie. Something tells me it was Charles, right enough. Anyone?

ETA: just looked it up. John Mulgrew, apparently. Its all coming back now.

Still not a game, right enoughFlush.gif

Edited by Drew

Streets.

You lined up facing everyone else on opposite kerbs and offered them, for example, "gs"

First one to get George Street got a step forward towards the opposite kerb, the winning line.

If the person shouting got it wrong, say for SS they shouted Storie Street when you were thinking of Shuttle Street or South Street they had to step backwards.

Hours of fun and improved my geographic knowledge of Paisley.

Honest.

(Same game structure for other subjects like film stars etc)

And there was...

Hunch cuddy hunch?

Talking of golf balls, we use to visit the Normandy driving range back in the day and, erm collect the Stolen from .........Mulgrew balls. I can't remember the first name, and keep thinking of the Sellick player, Charlie. Something tells me it was Charles, right enough. Anyone?

ETA: just looked it up. John Mulgrew, apparently. Its all coming back now.

Still not a game, right enoughFlush.gif

It was John Mulgrew it used to be up next to the Uni.

Edited by linwood buddie

Ah....happy days!

We called that Best Mans Fall.

Geeza haun granade!!!

That's what we called it as well. thumbup2.gif

Drew, you talk mince. lol.gif

Nah, we went for the literal name in Inchinnan. Best Mans Fall sounds like something to do with an American wedding or a cottaging convention in the Autumn.

Nah, we went for the literal name in Inchinnan. Best Mans Fall sounds like something to do with an American wedding or a cottaging convention in the Autumn.

Ok, did you also play..........."lets get a ball, pick some teams, make some goals and try to score a goal"..................or as we called it "FITBA"?