Harkins Contract Terminated By Mutual Consent

Pity, decent player, not given a real chance, played in the team when he was a scapegoat, as if we don't have enough.

Another who didn't "run about enough" for some.

I heard we're after Usain Bolt. whistling.gif

Oh come on. Not given a chance?

He started our first 7 games, in various roles. We lost 6 of them and drew 1. When he was dropped, performances and results improved immensely.

He was given far too much of a chance. He should have been dropped after 3 games.

d

Oh come on. Not given a chance?

He started our first 7 games, in various roles. We lost 6 of them and drew 1. When he was dropped, performances and results improved immensely.

He was given far too much of a chance. He should have been dropped after 3 games.

Do you really think anyone is going to listen to your viewpoint as you had him crucified BEFORE he played a game?

Playing in a team that was on a bad run, but it was mostly down to him? lol.gif

FFS, you could aim that at ANY of the other players.

Run along. bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Do you really think anyone is going to listen to your viewpoint as you had him crucified BEFORE he played a game?

Playing in a team that was on a bad run, but it was mostly down to him? lol.gif

FFS, you could aim that at ANY of the other players.

Run along. bye1.gif

So because I was right before he played a game no one should listen to me? :lol:

Never said it was mostly down to him did I? He was a big part of it though. Once we got him and Grainger out and played the youngsters we started climbing the table.

You can pinpoint the turn around in form exactly, it happened at Easter Road and I was there. Harkins played on the left and Grainger played left back. They were utterly abysmal and we lost 2-0. Grainger got sent off Harkins got subbed off.

Next game was Aberdeen at home. Harkins dropped, Grainger suspended. We draw 1-1 and are unlucky not to win. We then rightly keep Harkins and Grainger out the side, and we win 4 games of the next 5.

Had we persisted with those two duds I don't doubt for a second that we'd have been relegated.

So because I was right before he played a game no one should listen to me? lol.gif:

Never said it was mostly down to him did I? He was a big part of it though. Once we got him and Grainger out and played the youngsters we started climbing the table.

You can pinpoint the turn around in form exactly, it happened at Easter Road and I was there. Harkins played on the left and Grainger played left back. They were utterly abysmal and we lost 2-0. Grainger got sent off Harkins got subbed off.

Next game was Aberdeen at home. Harkins dropped, Grainger suspended. We draw 1-1 and are unlucky not to win. We then rightly keep Harkins and Grainger out the side, and we win 4 games of the next 5.

Had we persisted with those two duds I don't doubt for a second that we'd have been relegated.

Pure speculation and opinion, which means nothing.

Yes, you MAINLY mentioned Harkins as the root of our problems. 1eye.gif

You were right? lol.giflol.giflol.gif I'm afraid ONLY in your mind. bye1.gif

Utter bawbaggery and usual self opinionated post that you are famous for.

bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

Pure speculation and opinion, which means nothing.

Yes, you MAINLY mentioned Harkins as the root of our problems. 1eye.gif

You were right? lol.giflol.giflol.gif I'm afraid ONLY in your mind. bye1.gif

Utter bawbaggery and usual self opinionated post that you are famous for.

bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

Where did I say Harkins was mainly the route of our problems? You just made that up, didn't you? He was certainly part but it wasn't all down to him.

The 3 players who were at the heart of our problems at the start of last season were Cornell, Harkins and Grainger.

They were punted, performances improved. It's not difficult really. Look at the results and the line ups and you'll see the evidence for yourself.

Your next post needs more emoticons.

Where did I say Harkins was mainly the route of our problems? You just made that up, didn't you? He was certainly part but it wasn't all down to him.

The 3 players who were at the heart of our problems at the start of last season were Cornell, Harkins and Grainger.

They were punted, performances improved. It's not difficult really. Look at the results and the line ups and you'll see the evidence for yourself.

Your next post needs more emoticons.

You made it your aim to assassinate Harkins at every opportunity, there is no argument there.

Thus at EVERY opportunity you highlighted HIM whenever you could.

I can't be arsed trawling though your posts, there is no argument here either.

As I said, run along, you got your way, Harkins and Lennon are gone.

Some of you posts were shameful in attacking both of the above.

That's your prerogative, I just think it's narrow minded and self promoting in the extreme.

Next? bye1.giflol.gifthumbup2.gifwhistling.gifbangin.gif

Usual "cheap shot" about emoticons. wink.png

You made it your aim to assassinate Harkins at every opportunity, there is no argument there.

Thus at EVERY opportunity you highlighted HIM whenever you could.

I can't be arsed trawling though your posts, there is no argument here either.

As I said, run along, you got your way, Harkins and Lennon are gone.

Some of you posts were shameful in attacking both of the above.

That's your prerogative, I just think it's narrow minded and self promoting in the extreme.

Next? bye1.giflol.gifthumbup2.gifwhistling.gifbangin.gif

Usual "cheap shot" about emoticons. wink.png

And I was vindicated. This wasn't some baseless personal vendetta, I had seen Harkins play plenty over the years. I thought he would come in and be bad for our team, and he was.

As for Lennon, I backed him on this forum from January and was one of few to do so. I was part of about 20 odd percent of fans polled who voted for him not be sacked immediately after a home defeat to St Johnstone. You can dig up those posts it you like.

And I was vindicated. This wasn't some baseless personal vendetta, I had seen Harkins play plenty over the years. I thought he would come in and be bad for our team, and he was.

As for Lennon, I backed him on this forum from January and was one of few to do so. I was part of about 20 odd percent of fans polled who voted for him not be sacked immediately after a home defeat to St Johnstone. You can dig up those posts it you like.

Shameless.

One of your posts, from memory, went along the lines of...................

"I hope we get relegated so that Lennon has that on his CV".............one of the worst posts ever seen on here, and that says something.

Sure you can try to turn it around, you, all of a sudden, were supportive when it was apparent he was going anyway, but your personal posts aimed at him previously were utter bawbaggery and relentless.

Shameless.

One of your posts, from memory, went along the lines of...................

"I hope we get relegated so that Lennon has that on his CV".............one of the worst posts ever seen on here, and that says something.

Sure you can try to turn it around, you, all of a sudden, were supportive when it was apparent he was going anyway, but your personal posts aimed at him previously were utter bawbaggery and relentless.

I never said that at all. Feel free to look for it.

Pity, decent player, not given a real chance, played in the team when he was a scapegoat, as if we don't have enough.

Another who didn't "run about enough" for some.

I heard we're after Usain Bolt. whistling.gif

This wasn't sarcasm? He played 15 times for us. Also read someone on facebook saying he scored for fun down south

5 goals in 23 games, few of those were penalties lol!

I was excited when he signed as he always done well against us.

Never really given a chance playing off Thommo but when you are in a bad run of results you need everyone to put in the work rate off the ball which he has never done throughout his career.

Is a cult hero at Oldham those fans rave about the performances when he turned it on but even they say he was inconsistent.

We never paid any money to let him go as it was a mutual as he has offers on the table to sign for lower league English teams for more money and Oldham being one of them.

Sometimes signings just don't work out and I wish him well in any league other than ours