Spitfire Flying About...

Deekthebuddie

You'll need to get her a camera and then she can post her pictures of planes on here. thumbup2.gif

Good idea Pod.

I'll get her mum to purchase the said item for her.

Then we can prove to Deek that i wisnae fibbing.

It's a tribute overflight to Rolls Royce workers at the various Scottish Rolls Royce sites associated with the Merlin engine. T'was meant to happen a year or so ago but some diddy accidentally lifted the undercarriage on the ground causing damage. The Spitfire is overnighting in the Loganair hangar at the Paisley-drome and will depart tomorrow morning. Apologies for the on-topic reply...

Anybody seen or hear the Spitfire flying about. Im in Rutherglen and it Flew overhead about 3pm. Initially heard the sound of it (Rolls Royce Merlins have a really distinctive noise) looked out and seen Spitfire flew past- Was heading west so dont know if its went over paisley.

You're spot on about the distinctive sound of the Merlin , personally , I love it . However , from around 1942 (MK XII?) the Spitfire was fitted with the Griffon engine , sounds similar but perhaps sounds a bit heaver per the prop' on it. .

Guest TPAFKATS

It's a tribute overflight to Rolls Royce workers at the various Scottish Rolls Royce sites associated with the Merlin engine. T'was meant to happen a year or so ago but some diddy accidentally lifted the undercarriage on the ground causing damage. The Spitfire is overnighting in the Loganair hangar at the Paisley-drome and will depart tomorrow morning. Apologies for the on-topic reply...

biggrin.png

There's hunners o midgies flying overhead tonight on Skye.

(I'm trying to stay on topic as best I can... unsure.png )

I never went on the Camphill Trek but I was told there were millions of bloody great midges. Hunners must be a dawdle. Are midges on the decline?