As Much As I Dislike Sp*rt*ns..........

HSS

Spartans can fcuk off. They were run by a committee of sorts, and at the time we played them in the cup (prior to it taking place), my wife was at a function where one of their committee members was at her table. Remember they wanted to give us a very low ticket allocation? This committee member guy was spouting off that they wanted to give us a low allocation because we were a diddy club with a poor travelling support - and more. He was having a good time 'entertaining' the people at his table about how Spartans were going to give us a bloody nose.

They're right up there with Gretna and Livingston in my book. Fcuk um'.

Spartans can fcuk off. They were run by a committee of sorts, and at the time we played them in the cup (prior to it taking place), my wife was at a function where one of their committee members was at her table. Remember they wanted to give us a very low ticket allocation? This committee member guy was spouting off that they wanted to give us a low allocation because we were a diddy club with a poor travelling support - and more. He was having a good time 'entertaining' the people at his table about how Spartans were going to give us a bloody nose.

Welcome back , Buddie. .

They wanted to be seen as a professional outfit but were run by amateurs. They'd played Livingston (when they were in the SPL) in a previous year and had given them 400 tickets. The committee seemed to think that, as Livingston had been a top flight club and we were a 1st Division team at the time, 400 tickets would do us as well. Their manager was an absolute c*ck as well.

I'll never forget that chance that Spartans had against us in the last minute. I'm pretty sure their player skewed it wide from about 2 yards.

I could foresee all the embarrassment, cup shock newspaper headlines & slaggings in work just as he was about to shoot. Thank fuck he missed it.

I'll never forget that chance that Spartans had against us in the last minute. I'm pretty sure their player skewed it wide from about 2 yards.

I could foresee all the embarrassment, cup shock newspaper headlines & slaggings in work just as he was about to shoot. Thank f**k he missed it.

I felt that people overplayed that 'chance', probably because the game had generally been such a chance-free shit-fest.

My old man asked me about the great chance S******s missed, when I was on the phone to him after the game, and I had to ask him to clarify, "What chance?" The guy had an opportunity to shoot, but he still had it all to do, with a crowded penalty box between him an the goal. He swiftly shat it, and screwed a woefully tame effort, miles wide of the post.

Amateurs is right. They couldn't see past treating it the same as the Livingston tie, for some reason, even although they only had 711 at the previous round when they beat Queens Park. i.e. the stadium was more than three quarters empty.

When we had the meeting with the two police forces, Strathclyde confirmed that our tie in the previous round at Ayr had to be delayed for 30 minutes to let the 3000+ St.Mirren fans in. Lothian and Borders confirmed that we had taken 3000+ to Easter Road in the previous year's competition.

At the time, Mi**ey La**on himself, came to watch us winning 4-1 at Airdrie, where we outnumbered the home support.

Yet, they were adamant about allocating us 400 tickets for a match that was being played on an unsecured public park, next to a main road, with fences that weren't high enough to stop people from looking, or indeed climbing, over them.

As it happened, the game only went ahead after they were forced to increase the height of the fences, via building work that they scrounged from local businesses, and raise the allocation to 1000.

They would already be in the Scottish League if they hadn't been so busy pissing people off over the years. Sneakily lobbying the lower league clubs to try and get East Stirling demoted (they haven't been in the league for decades without picking up some friends at the clubs you're lobbying, dafties), and scouring the rule books to get teams chucked out of the Scottish Cup on technicalities (which later happened to S******s toolaugh.png. Again, people talk to each other).

On their most recent bid to enter the Scottish League, they were laughably eliminated after the first round of voting. They did their usual and hit the press with incendiary quotes, alleging 'jealousy' amongst the voting clubs.

No, it's much simpler than that.

Understandably, NO ONE LIKES YOU! And it's come back and bitten you on the arse.

Ask the H**s how far trying to bully and threaten people got them, when they needing a favour from the same people.