Why Is Two Dicks Still A Referee?

Willie Fcuking Collum.... Penalty for Aberdeen and a red card for Motherwell's McManus - his crime? Made a superb goaline clearance with his shoulder as a shot was belted towards goal.

Collum is a fcuking useless cnut.

Be interesting to see what the out turn is for Collum as that will be two appeals against red cards he's issued in his last two games being lodged against him.

Some form of review over his performances must be forthcoming , it's certainly overdue, Christ even Sportsound the other day , well Cosgrove and Cowan, were discussing how abysmal his performance was in our game against KIllie.

Watch this, MClean's will be upheld and McManus will get his over turned..........it's been that kind of season for us.

A good referee should go unnoticed in a game.

Unfortunately, Collum comes across as someone who LIKES to be noticed, and enjoys the controversial decisions.

Or, to put it another way, he's a c**t.

Agreed. Yet again his decisions are the main talking point on Sportscene's review of the Dons game and not how this win puts them 4 points clear at top of the league. Hopefully there will be an appeal of McManus's red card and this added to our own appeal will start to flash warning lights that even the SFA will have to notice.

An old business acquaintance, a former Grade 1 referee with a load of European experience, once told me that if fans on all sides hate you then you're a good referee. His opinion was that all football fans fail to understand the game without 20 replays from every angle and none of them could referee an under 5 game without totally cocking it up. Interesting that Willie Collum is highly rated by the authorities at both home and abroad but universally berated by fans. Having known several Grade 1 refs right back to the 70's I don't believe that any of them have an agenda with particular clubs or "even things up". Sure they make mistakes but to to assign any sort of malice to it is just plain daft.

You business acquaintance sounds like a complete fud.

From the BBC interview with Vincent Lunny, former SFA Compliance Officer:-

"The compliance officer has responsibility for determining which players or coaches should face disciplinary charges in the event of referees missing regulation breaches."

Very laudable, but who has responsibility for deciding which referees should face disciplinary action or retraining/demotion for regular breaches of their own high standards?

It's a joke whoever is in charge of the referees. What happens is they push potential brain washed youngsters through the referee ranks as quick as possible assessing them all the way up. But what seems to happen is once they are at the top they do not get assessed any longer. How much longer are the sfa/spfl going to sit back and allow the referees get away with this. Mr Collum has got a Champions League game coming up but is not fit to referee a game of dominoes.

You business acquaintance sounds like a complete fud.

But he's right though. Fans are clueless on all sorts of football related issues.

Most don't know the rules of the game in any great depth and most have no idea about the money side of football.

Two hugely important areas which fans are proine to bash their gums over from the safety of their own couch and their own ignorance.

I'll take a knowledgeable fud who makes genuine mistakes any day over the average fan.

If he was a top ref how did he get 4 penalties and 2 sending offs wrong in 2 games. maybe he isn't interested unless he's in Madrid or Barcelona.

Are you seriously asking how it is possible for a human being can make mistakes in a high pressured work environment?

Edited by oaksoft

But he's right though. Fans are clueless on all sorts of football related issues.

Most don't know the rules of the game in any great depth and most have no idea about the money side of football.

Two hugely important areas which fans are proine to bash their gums over from the safety of their own couch and their own ignorance.

I'll take a knowledgeable fud who makes genuine mistakes any day over the average fan.

This fan knows enough to know that there are no "rules of the game" of football. There are 17 laws of association football. I also know quite a bit about the "rules" relating to my own job. In fact I know enough about them to know that if I made 6 serious mistakes in a 3 hour work period that I would be in my MD's office and be lucky to escape with a written warning as to my future conduct. I would also have my work monitored for a period to ensure I was able to competently fulfil my role. Does the same apply to our referees?

The twat has been left out of the next two rounds of league matches. He's fourth official on Saturday.

Glad the powers that be have caught on to how incompetent he is.

GIRFUY Collum.

I guess there is a God of football ... now if we all pray to Him/Her do you reckon He/She could manage a 10 match unbeaten run starting now?

I was listening to open all mics at the weekend and they said hibs had kicked off before he went to the lineswoman. BBC. only showed him over talking to her not how he got there. I was a bit pissed off to be honest. If they'd kicked off he can't chop it off. The BBC should have showed it as 3 of them on open all mics said they had kicked off. Absolutely incompetent wee rodent of a man.