Aw Naw'... Don't Do It!

pozbaird

Great movie, still one of my all time favourites. The book ( Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?) is a Science Fiction classic written by the late, great Phillip.K. Dick.

I'm cautiously looking forward to this and hoping that it does the original the justice it deserves, but what I'd really like to see is a full adaptation of the whole story in the novel, including his pill popping wife and the mad holy man.

Might be on hold on account of Ford being in hospital having crash landed a small aircraft he was piloting on to a US golf course.

It seems the cause was a wing fault. There was a hole in one.

Edited by Drew

Might be on hold on account of Ford being in hospital having crash landed a small aircraft he was piloting on to a US golf course.

Glad he's all right. One of these lucky guys who has women all over the world swooning over him and we guys being honest fully understand it. Talented, good looking, rich and as if that ain't bad enough, he seems to be a really nice guy. Fair actor to boot!

Glad he's all right. One of these lucky guys who has women all over the world swooning over him and we guys being honest fully understand it. Talented, good looking, rich and as if that ain't bad enough, he seems to be a really nice guy. Fair actor to boot!

Aye, I'm absolutely fine, thanks.

A wee bit shocked when I heard the news first thing, but otherwise okay.

Hope he is nowhere near Newtonmore Golf Club tomorrow or Sunday in the Millennium Falcon..........I don't need distractions when I'm playing.

• 1 month later...

Saw the most recent Final :rolleyes: Cut last night.

It is still a brilliant experience.

No Deckhardt (?) voice over but not missed.

Packed with detail.

Thought I might be bored, tired of it by now, but it flew by.

Whilst I always thought it was a good movie , l wasn't one of those guys that could recite , word for word , everything said in that movie by Ford and Hauer. .

A few years ago , after much encouragement , I watched the then Directors Cut . The only discernible difference for me was that , the film stopped as the Asian policeman finds the scale outside the flat . .

What I do remember also was that , the film is very atmospheric but only very loosely based on the story by P.k.Dick . I think some guys that read the book after seeing the movie were , disappointed . I reckon the film , over the years , has had certain aspects copied . There are a few films that have borrowed from it , heavily , and not all sci-fi either. .

I would probably like to see the latest "cut" but do we need a sequel too ?

Whilst I always thought it was a good movie , l wasn't one of those guys that could recite , word for word , everything said in that movie by Ford and Hauer. .

A few years ago , after much encouragement , I watched the then Directors Cut . The only discernible difference for me was that , the film stopped as the Asian policeman finds the scale outside the flat . .

What I do remember also was that , the film is very atmospheric but only very loosely based on the story by P.k.Dick . I think some guys that read the book after seeing the movie were , disappointed . I reckon the film , over the years , has had certain aspects copied . There are a few films that have borrowed from it , heavily , and not all sci-fi either. .

I would probably like to see the latest "cut" but do we need a sequel too ?

Different ending now. Made me happier - despite the remaining ultimately unavoidable end that awaits us all, replicant or not.

I've not even read the book. Dick liked the movie suggesting it offered more layers and more info on his imagined world in the first twenty minutes of it than we he had a right to expect. I've seen some other 'readers' offering mixed reactions to the fillum.

I like the idea of a sequel. And have read somewhere of how it might be explicable.... can't explain why without giving spoilers for anyone who might wish to go see this 'Final' Cut... ;)

ETA: Saw a brilliant trailer this morning on the BIG screen (while I was in to watch Birdman - BRILLIANT, btw) for something that I hope gets shown the only place worth watching movies - the BIG screen.

It was called Game of Thrones - looked great. I could get interested in that... mibbe.

Edited by bluto

Different ending now. Made me happier - despite the remaining ultimately unavoidable end that awaits us all, replicant or not.

I've not even read the book. Dick liked the movie suggesting it offered more layers and more info on his imagined world in the first twenty minutes of it than we he had a right to expect. I've seen some other 'readers' offering mixed reactions to the fillum.

I like the idea of a sequel. And have read somewhere of how it might be explicable.... can't explain why without giving spoilers for anyone who might wish to go see this 'Final' Cut... ;)

ETA: Saw a brilliant trailer this morning on the BIG screen (while I was in to watch Birdman - BRILLIANT, btw) for something that I hope gets shown the only place worth watching movies - the BIG screen.

It was called Game of Thrones - looked great. I could get interested in that... mibbe.

My only question would be , why another "cut". .

We got the first version , then we are told that that is the way the movie owners wanted it to end but not Ridley's ending . So , then we get the "directors cut " . .

So , what is the basis of the "final Cut" ? Is this supposed to create some interest prior to the "sequel". .

It was cute because it was edited an hour before you replied. smile.png

Are you seriously telling me that you don't know what Game of Thrones is? It's on season 5 now. Google's your friend here - too much to go into in a post, even for me - you'd probably like it.

He probably doesn't watch telly and certainly not Atlantic . .bye1.gif