Scottish Premiership Playoff Final

Gloryhunter

With either Hibs or Falkirk making the Scottish cup final and potentially the playoff final this means the date could be changed until a week later.

An SPFL spokesman said: In the event that either club progresses to both the Scottish Cup final and the play-off final it will not be required to play on 30 and 31 May. An alternative schedule will be announced for the Premiership play-off final.

Do you think they will wait until after the second leg of the playoff semi final before they decide? That would be four days before the first leg of the final is due. Or will they make the sensible decision and give the fans some time to organise going to the game? Or will the TV companies decide?

The sole reason for procrastination by the leaders of "Scottish Fitba" is so that it can be decided in whichever way best helps Sevco. There's a slim chance they may make it to the play-off finals.

No other club or its problems matter near as much...

The sole reason for procrastination by the leaders of "Scottish Fitba" is so that it can be decided in whichever way best helps Sevco. There's a slim chance they may make it to the play-off finals.

So what you are saying is that the leaders of "Scottish Fitba" purposely drew Hibs and Falkirk together in the semi final in order to move the final back a week and therefore afford Sevco the benefit of an extra week's recuperation time IF they make the final?

So what you are saying is that the leaders of "Scottish Fitba" purposely drew Hibs and Falkirk together in the semi final in order to move the final back a week and therefore afford Sevco the benefit of an extra week's recuperation time IF they make the final?

Aye. Hoat baws, Cauld baws - a tried and trusted technique, first used by Largs Thistle in 1722...

It will all be mute when sevco finish fifth.

Moot. Sevco are NEVER mute.

according to the bbc the problem with putting it back is that both teams have players out of contract at the end of may

Amusingly enough, that same issue will be no problem for sevco, as it has new billionaires with off the radar wealth in charge. :sarcasm smilie: Edited by bluto

FFS , have you gone down saff with a chip on yer shoulder. .

FFS , have you gone down saff with a chip on yer shoulder. .

Boaff (sp?) shoulders, mate...

I guess it's anger that the SEVCO charade can go on and on, that the 'authorities' (ie the clubs themselves) will not sort it out and keep turning blind eyes at the fiasco ( I even understand the Berrz resentment of their treatment), and that the Scottish press and media do not ask obvious questions like "where's the money?" And "why are certain people allowed near that new club after so many other spivs have ripped the pish out of it?".

No organisation is too big that it cannot be allowed to fail.

Edited by bluto

Don't, it'll turn into another branch of the Rangers thread....................although their is no Rangers seemingly.

It is called the poor Rangers thread as it started in the days when there was a Rangers. It was about its demise and the sufferings thus inflicted upon its fans.

It's not the same Rangers as in the thread when it started, which is why I always refer to the current incarnation as sevco.

And anyway... As ALL of the press and media and tv coverage of Scottish football is heavily skewed towards coverage of the most minuscule of events concerning a diddy club lying 3rd or 4th(?) in a diddy lower league, why should a similar such effect not happen on here?

More importantly, to address your concern, Sevco may be involved in the subject of this thread. I know it's your big team and you want to protect them from scrutiny.

But that's been the problem all along. And that sore still festers. Its scab must be picked...

I hope this helps? :)

Edited by bluto

It is called the poor Rangers thread as it started in the days when there was a Rangers. It was about its demise and the sufferings thus inflicted upon its fans.

It's not the same Rangers as in the thread when it started, which is why I always refer to the current incarnation as sevco.

And anyway... As ALL of the press and media and tv coverage of Scottish football is heavily skewed towards coverage of the most minuscule of of events concerning a diddy club lying 3rd or 4th(?) in a diddy lower league, why should a similar such effect not happen on here?

More importantly, to address your concern, Sevco may be involved in the subject of this thread. I know it's your big team and you want to protect them from scrutiny.

But that's been the problem all along. And that sore is still festering.

I hope this helps? smile.png

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

With either Hibs or Falkirk making the Scottish cup final and potentially the playoff final this means the date could be changed until a week later.

An SPFL spokesman said: In the event that either club progresses to both the Scottish Cup final and the play-off final it will not be required to play on 30 and 31 May. An alternative schedule will be announced for the Premiership play-off final.

Do you think they will wait until after the second leg of the playoff semi final before they decide? That would be four days before the first leg of the final is due. Or will they make the sensible decision and give the fans some time to organise going to the game? Or will the TV companies decide?

Hope that none of the clubs have contracted the players until 31st May, could make for interesting time if they have.

AFAIK, sevco has. :)

But, as I say, the billionaire owners could sort that out.... :rolleyes:

Would only come into affect if Hibs or Falkik have wone through on the playoffs and in Scottish Cup, and then the affected clubs would be one of Hibs/Falkirk and one of Us/County/Thistle/Well. Unfortunately if Rangers reach the Play-off Final it's not an issue.

Unfortunately whatever is decided the fans won't be taken into consideration. TV will have a say for sure but it just wouldn't be Scottish Football if the paying public were taken into consideration and there were no conspiracy theories (as the posts after your original post adhere to).

Edited by iTony

Pretty sure one of the options that can't be considered would be moving the Scottish Cup Final to a week later (unless it was to Sun 7th June) as I believe that they wouldn't be allowed to hold it on the same day as the Champions League Final. Same would apply to play-off games, that they would need to avoid the 6th June too.

Edited by madball

Pretty sure one of the options that can't be considered would be moving the Scottish Cup Final to a week later (unless it was to Sun 7th June) as I believe that they wouldn't be allowed to hold it on the same day as the Champions League Final. Same would apply to play-off games, that they would need to avoid the 6th June too.

Surely as long as the kick off time didn't clash that would be acceptable? CL final is usually at night anyway

Surely as long as the kick off time didn't clash that would be acceptable? CL final is usually at night anyway

I'm sure the Scottish Fitba authorities (the clubs, themselves) would never have been so shoddily amateurish that they haven't already thought out and foreseen all the potential combinations that might conceivably happen, and have provided alternative smooth scenarios to solve all such occurrences...

After all, this isn't a Micky Mouse operation!

Er... haud oan.... :unsure:

I know a few years ago the Hibs/Hearts final was on the same day as the CL final but pretty sure the rules have been changed so no other televised game is allowed on the same day as the CL final. I think Uefa see it as the perfect way to end the season . Madness .

I know a few years ago the Hibs/Hearts final was on the same day as the CL final but pretty sure the rules have been changed so no other televised game is allowed on the same day as the CL final. I think Uefa see it as the perfect way to end the season . Madness .

Of course , the first sign of Madness , is seeing Suggs walking up your driveway. .