So Farewell Then Keith Harris

yani

Just been reading that he apparently turned down the chance to appear on an episode of Extras as he objected to his 'character' being portrayed as racist and/or sexist. Ricky Gervais said he just didn't get the joke. Keith Chegwin ended up with the part

I was at the gym today and on the TV in reception was live coverage of Nigel Farage's big pre-election address to the UKIP faithful. He was warbling on about Sturgeon and the SNP when suddenly BBC News cut back to the studio with a big red 'Breaking News' flashed up on the screen. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up - plane crash? Bomb? Train crash? Suddenly up popped a big photo of Keith Harris and Orville the Duck.

Nigel Farage - dumped for a ventriloquist and a green fluffy duck.

I was at the gym today and on the TV in reception was live coverage of Nigel Farage's big pre-election address to the UKIP faithful. He was warbling on about Sturgeon and the SNP when suddenly BBC News cut back to the studio with a big red 'Breaking News' flashed up on the screen. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up - plane crash? Bomb? Train crash? Suddenly up popped a big photo of Keith Harris and Orville the Duck.

Nigel given the bird? And a colured one at that.

FANTASTIC!

Couldn't happen to a nastier person.

but he is trying to have the last laugh,by demanding the fkn duck is deported back to china,and that he is allowed to spank the monkey............:whistle

Aye.. and God forgive me, I laughed out loud as it happened - not obviously at the death of a bloke with cancer, at the absurdity of the situation. I thankfully wasn't alone, a guy at the next table did the same thing, and said to me 'Thought that was going to be a plane crash or something, Orville the Duck, eh!?