Artificial Turf

faraway saint

Has anyone laid artificial turf?

I'm considering this as can't be arsed with the fortnightly grass cutting ritual.

I was on holiday earlier this year and the hotel had a sunbathing area that was artificial turf and was top quality.

Suggestions/prices?

Just pour Whisky on it . That way it`ll come up half cut. whistling.gif

Every year i managed to trot this oldie out & every year it makes me laugh , but then I`m a simple soul.bangin.gif

One of the companies who I had e-mailed for a quote got back asking for my telephone number to "discuss" this.

Naw, yer ok mate, at this stage it's only a general enquiry, don't need some sales numpty trying to persuade me to buy something I might not want.

They then want my address to send some samples......................please let it be artificial turf samples. shutup.gif

One of the companies who I had e-mailed for a quote got back asking for my telephone number to "discuss" this.

Naw, yer ok mate, at this stage it's only a general enquiry, don't need some sales numpty trying to persuade me to buy something I might not want.

They then want my address to send some samples......................please let it be artificial turf samples. shutup.gif

One of those free samples wid dae my windae box. thumbup2.gif

Has anyone laid artificial turf?

I'm considering this as can't be arsed with the fortnightly grass cutting ritual.

I was on holiday earlier this year and the hotel had a sunbathing area that was artificial turf and was top quality.

Suggestions/prices?

Just remember, when you're having one of your famous "parties" in your garden you don't end up with burns on your hands, knees and arse. moon.gifjerry.gifyoungman-sign.gifooolala-sign.gif

Quality thread man, just quality! lol.gif

Edited by iTony

I showed this thread to my Brother-in-law who works with one other guy doing all kinds of work in gardens and they both have experience of laying artificial turf. After scolding me for mocking the inflicted, he said he and his business partner would be willing to drive up and do work for you at decent "mates rates" as you (allegedly) support St. Mirren. As you claim to have me on "ignore", you won't read this will you so there really was no need for me to type this and you'll never know if they could have given you a good quote. happy.pngrolleyes.gif

I now have about 10 samples of this artificial turf, kindly delivered yesterday, although I didn't ask for them.

TBH it's quite interesting, ranges from stuff that's like a cheap doormat to pretty reasonable stuff.

I'd really need to see a full lawn before making any decision.

Need to clear out the e-mails, they are getting quite persistent, time to make it clear where I am in this, nowhere close to making a decision ya bunch of wallopers!

I now have about 10 samples of this artificial turf, kindly delivered yesterday, although I didn't ask for them.

TBH it's quite interesting, ranges from stuff that's like a cheap doormat to pretty reasonable stuff.

Need to clear out the e-mails, they are getting quite persistent, time to make it clear where I am in this, nowhere close to making a decision ya bunch of wallopers!

I could do with a new doormat.

Eh ?

How many samples would you need to complete the job?

After a quick calculation..................257. :thumbs2

Would look a bit patchy right enough. :lol:

Have you considered asking farmer John to supply a quote?

I believe he may have a wee bit of turf that could be purchased.

And as for delivery... ?

HSS would be amenable.... Surely? :)

Have you considered asking farmer John to supply a quote?

I believe he may have a wee bit of turf that could be purchased.

And as for delivery... ?

HSS would be amenable.... Surely? :)

There is quite often a smell of grass in my Cab.It seems to be the punters fave drug at the moment.

That's nice, although the word "artificial" could well scupper your brilliant idea. :lol:

You're no thinking laterally.

Prior to dispatch, fj could microwave it (thus rendering it bug free and sterile), then he could slap a coat of lacquer on it.

Bosh-bosh. Job done. Sorted.

Edited by bluto

Guest TPAFKATS

After a quick calculation..................257. thumbup2.gif

Would look a bit patchy right enough. laugh.png

Patchy would be a lot more realistic. Just get 3 or 4 longer pieces to indicate where all the dugs pish and it'll look just like the real thing.

There is quite often a smell of grass in my Cab.It seems to be the punters fave drug at the moment.

My Cab also, and it really is a horrible and disgusting aroma.

I assume the Junkies realise that when I hit the button to put the windows down.