Alex Rae Will Come Good

I think shanks should stay too it's hard enough to score a goal in a good team it's even harder in this shambles.

Don't think mallan will be going anywhere in January agree he is a good player but looks a bit confused the past games I've been at maybe he will settle now he is in his right position.

The other guys on loan well it's not nice to see but I think they will be moved back.

Alex will get it sorted don't think he suffers fools likely.

Rubbish.

Murray was the only manager n this league that had to build a team from nothing...in 8-12 weeks.mI would imagine he wanted messi, Beckham and viera, unfortunately our board set the rules. To suggest otherwise is just fannyish.

Teams have to rebuild all the time. It's a lot easier when you have one of the biggest budgets in the league, as set by our board. The nonsense you gibberd about Messi etc was utterly irrelevant.

Unfortunately we thought we had that in Webster who has been every bit as culpable as the rest.

The shambles of a defence is just that because our two centre halves play so far away from each other and don't communicate. How can anyone seriously expects not to concede when they are almost an entire pitch width from each other?

Watson is a good player but like Isaac Osbourne we have to weigh up risk and reward. There's no point in having a player who is talented if he's as fragile as Watson.

There's honestly not a single player in that squad at the moment that I would be devastated or even disappointed to see leave in January. Mallan is talented but is suffering from a lack of experience and possibly a case of the John McGinns. He also started deeper that Carswell yesterday, which is a waste of both players.

To be fair to the defence, the completely anonymous midfeild in front of them aren't exactly helping. They offer no protection or support, either on the wings or through the middle, especially when it comes to picking up runners from midfeild or fullback, and offer no out ball when we do actually manage to win it back, so the back four are constantly under pressure.

Kelly is not the greatest full- back in the world but I feel slightly sorry for him. His preferred position is centre back but he is being asked to not only play out of position but to do almost all the attacking up the left side and as the likes of Agnew or Howieson etc are anonymous Kelly gets no forward support and they never cover for him when he goes forward. Goody would cover but Carswell is glued to sitting in front of centre backs and never covers for Kelly.

I am not saying Kelly is great but I think he could do a better job if he replaced Agnew and let Stewart cover left back to allow him to move forward without having to worry about the defensive position. In fact anyone for Agnew would be an improvement.

To be fair to the defence, the completely anonymous midfeild in front of them aren't exactly helping. They offer no protection or support, either on the wings or through the middle, especially when it comes to picking up runners from midfeild or fullback, and offer no out ball when we do actually manage to win it back, so the back four are constantly under pressure.

I agree on this. It's hard enough carrying one passenger in midfield. When you have two who are constantly passengers and a third who varies between effective and anonymous from game to game, it's completely impossible.

Kelly is not the greatest full- back in the world but I feel slightly sorry for him. His preferred position is centre back but he is being asked to not only play out of position but to do almost all the attacking up the left side and as the likes of Agnew or Howieson etc are anonymous Kelly gets no forward support and they never cover for him when he goes forward. Goody would cover but Carswell is glued to sitting in front of centre backs and never covers for Kelly.

I am not saying Kelly is great but I think he could do a better job if he replaced Agnew and let Stewart cover left back to allow him to move forward without having to worry about the defensive position. In fact anyone for Agnew would be an improvement.

Agnew is just f**king ludicrously poor at this level and shows why he's taken this long to be full time. He doesn't complete his track, doesn't even know to not stand behind the line of the 2 central midfielders, has a piss awful first touch, takes stupid flicks instead of taking hold and can't put a cross in.

Sonny is correct in that the problem with the defence is that they get no protection from a midfield that is being totally over run.

McMullan, Mallan, Carswell, Agnew. None of them have the bite to win the ball in midfield. We need a new midfield or play 5 in the middle to give us a chance.

Sonny is correct in that the problem with the defence is that they get no protection from a midfield that is being totally over run.

McMullan, Mallan, Carswell, Agnew. None of them have the bite to win the ball in midfield. We need a new midfield or play 5 in the middle to give us a chance.

Playing with a bit less risk would also help, for example not having 8 beyond the imaginary final quarter line all the time. 5 with Agnew left would only see us still offering no service and with one up top could see even more long ball play. 5 would need two good wide men, with two holding or at least 1 hold/1 able to be box to box and a Mallan in the pocket...so, no Agnew unless he goes in the pocket and the 2 behind realise he's a liability.

I know what a shit state of affairs

For all these people who think the Jan window is going to be our saviour

Cast your mind back exactly a year ago when we were in the same state

All we managed to do was sell our best player for buttons

As i said on another post if anyone comes in for Mallon he's off more likely for buttons yet again

Last January the chairman was mostly on holiday in South Africa for 6 weeks, 2 rival takeover bids were supposedly close to inking a deal to buy the club, Gary Teale had been asked to lead the team while the remaining directors sifted through the over 50 applications for the manager's post and asked only to "improve" things from Tommy Craig's disasterous reign, and we went into the January transfer window without knowing who would own the club by the end of the window and whether Teale would still be manager... Teale's position was only clarified (interim manager until the end of the season) with 3 days left before the window closed and Kenny McLean was banging in the goals for fun.

Last January the chairman was mostly on holiday in South Africa for 6 weeks, 2 rival takeover bids were supposedly close to inking a deal to buy the club, Gary Teale had been asked to lead the team while the remaining directors sifted through the over 50 applications for the manager's post and asked only to "improve" things from Tommy Craig's disasterous reign, and we went into the January transfer window without knowing who would own the club by the end of the window and whether Teale would still be manager... Teale's position was only clarified (interim manager until the end of the season) with 3 days left before the window closed and Kenny McLean was banging in the goals for fun.

Pretty sure Teale was also in place because the English consortium were to put their own man in.

• 1 month later...

Ian Murray was also going to come good according to dr rotund. Here's hoping he is right this time.

Still early doors but looks promising. I don't think Ian Murray is as bad a manger as he looked with us but that's irrelevant now. Weeks ago there was talk of a relegation battle now we're in reach of the play off places.