Alex Rae Will Come Good

I think that given time Murray would have improved the team but he's gone, rightly so because of continued bad results. I have every faith that Rae will not suffer the same fate, he won't suffer fools gladly and i fully expect to see several players leaving in January.

Will they give him sufficient funds that allow him to strengthen the team and bring in players who can get us out of this position? Or would they rather take the chance that we might scrape staying up....

Surely the third or fourth biggest wage budget in the league is more than enough? There isn't an unlimited pot of money. Rae will need to find a way of ditching some of the wasters Murray signed, replacing them with better suited players and getting more out of the squad we have on the budget he is given. There isn't any secret money they are refusing to give him, and we can't go into debt.

trouble is if they dont back him

those bunch of so called players will

take us down ,and that will be the nightmare

we dare not think about ,

part time football ,and years off oblivion in back to back relegation

worse than we ever experienced before

Edited by mad saint 2

trouble is if they dont back him

those bunch of so called players will

take us down ,and that will be the nightmare

we dare not think about ,

part time football ,and years off oblivion in back to back relegation

worse than we ever experienced before

Player power cost a manager like The Special One his job... Rae will be well aware by now who he needs to cut loose... for I reckon it is obvious there is an insidious cancer like attitude in the dressing room.

Big names will have to be sacrifced but I back Rae 100% in this.

His way or the highway... enough is enough. How long can a huff last anyway?

My biggest concern over Alex Rae isn't whether he's up to it or not, for the record I think he will be. It's whether he can get the personnel turnaround clearly needed in the next five weeks to guarantee we'll be safe and give him a clean slate in the summer.

January is notoriously difficult to operate in, even as a premier league side. As a bottom two championship side, it's a hell of an ask.

My biggest concern over Alex Rae isn't whether he's up to it or not, for the record I think he will be. It's whether he can get the personnel turnaround clearly needed in the next five weeks to guarantee we'll be safe and give him a clean slate in the summer.

January is notoriously difficult to operate in, even as a premier league side. As a bottom two championship side, it's a hell of an ask.

And it will be a helluva ask of Rae to bring anyone in of any repute given the dire predicament we are in. What half decent player in their right mind would sign for us right now?

Think he can make his own wiggle room. Reid, Watson, Conlan and Shankland are all available to cut loose and I daresay there might be similar scope with McMullan.

Ridgers may also get an offer to stay at Killie to the end of the season.

Manager has already said he has scope to bring in one or two so coupled with some juggling of these loanees hopefully we can get 3 or 4 in that can help get us over the line to safety and then we can start again in the summer.

Think he can make his own wiggle room. Reid, Watson, Conlan and Shankland are all available to cut loose and I daresay there might be similar scope with McMullan.

Ridgers may also get an offer to stay at Killie to the end of the season.

Manager has already said he has scope to bring in one or two so coupled with some juggling of these loanees hopefully we can get 3 or 4 in that can help get us over the line to safety and then we can start again in the summer.

Reid and Watson are our best defenders

Shankland has shown even with crap service will score goals

The rest are the ones we need to get rid

Why do people think the board won't back him? Murray was given plenty of backing. We will currently have the third or fourth biggest wage budget in the league. Murray got the players he wanted. Unfortunately they are f**king rubbish.

Rubbish.

Murray was the only manager n this league that had to build a team from nothing...in 8-12 weeks.mI would imagine he wanted messi, Beckham and viera, unfortunately our board set the rules. To suggest otherwise is just fannyish.

Rubbish.

Murray was the only manager n this league that had to build a team from nothing...in 8-12 weeks.mI would imagine he wanted messi, Beckham and viera, unfortunately our board set the rules. To suggest otherwise is just fannyish.

Rubbish.

Yes Murray was appointed with not many weeks to the new season kick off but decided to go on a holiday to Florida and then on a coaches training course. We should have known.Then stood on the side lines like a tailers dummy in burtons window changed our duggout was a prat from the start. Alex Rae was standing on the side lines yesterday shouting and boy i bet he did not go into changing room and say boys you could have done better he doesnt look the type I am sure a few obsceneties were said. He will have got a right good look at what he needs after yesterday and I hope to god Jim Goodwin back soon for the team and Rae's sake. I wish Jim had not messed it up for himself in his coaching role last year a big loss ST MIRREN LIKE IT OR NOT NEED HIM

Reid and Watson are our best defenders

Shankland has shown even with crap service will score goals

The rest are the ones we need to get rid

So for "the rest" you mean Conlan then?

I do agree Shanks needs to stay, and I would certainly keep Reid if Motherwell let us, but I wouldn't cry to see Watson leave, he's been very mediocre IMO.

Every are of the team needs work but for me the priority in Jan has to be to sort out that shambles of a defence and to get a leader in there. First signing Gus made when he inherited a similar shambles to this one was to bring in Andy Millen.

Yes Murray was appointed with not many weeks to the new season kick off but decided to go on a holiday to Florida and then on a coaches training course. We should have known.Then stood on the side lines like a tailers dummy in burtons window changed our duggout was a prat from the start. Alex Rae was standing on the side lines yesterday shouting and boy i bet he did not go into changing room and say boys you could have done better he doesnt look the type I am sure a few obsceneties were said. He will have got a right good look at what he needs after yesterday and I hope to god Jim Goodwin back soon for the team and Rae's sake. I wish Jim had not messed it up for himself in his coaching role last year a big loss ST MIRREN LIKE IT OR NOT NEED HIM

Shouted on the sidelines for murrays/ millers team to win...then for his to get pumped off a team we have nit last to in the league....the same could be said if Jim was paying against Dumbarton, but probably not.

I do agree Shanks needs to stay, and I would certainly keep Reid if Motherwell let us, but I wouldn't cry to see Watson leave, he's been very mediocre IMO.

Every are of the team needs work but for me the priority in Jan has to be to sort out that shambles of a defence and to get a leader in there. First signing Gus made when he inherited a similar shambles to this one was to bring in Andy Millen.

The rest of the team i mean

I think if anyone wants Mallan he will be off

Unfortunately we thought we had that in Webster who has been every bit as culpable as the rest.

The shambles of a defence is just that because our two centre halves play so far away from each other and don't communicate. How can anyone seriously expects not to concede when they are almost an entire pitch width from each other?

Watson is a good player but like Isaac Osbourne we have to weigh up risk and reward. There's no point in having a player who is talented if he's as fragile as Watson.

There's honestly not a single player in that squad at the moment that I would be devastated or even disappointed to see leave in January. Mallan is talented but is suffering from a lack of experience and possibly a case of the John McGinns. He also started deeper that Carswell yesterday, which is a waste of both players.

The problem with the rest of the team is they are all under contract mate.

I know what a shit state of affairs

For all these people who think the Jan window is going to be our saviour

Cast your mind back exactly a year ago when we were in the same state

All we managed to do was sell our best player for buttons

As i said on another post if anyone comes in for Mallon he's off more likely for buttons yet again

AR has very good contacts in the game. Mick McCarthy Paul Ince Alex McLeish have all been mentioned and I guess he will have more north and south of the border. Our main problems lie with the defending and midfield, we have no leaders and no physical presence in the team.

He somehow has to find a dominant centre back and a similar type for midfield. The spine of our team is actually spineless, if that makes sense. He must make us hard to beat and hopefully keep us in this league.

Finding loan players to do this and shipping out anyone who is out of contract or at the end of a loan deal, will prove to be a massive test of his managerial ability.