David Clarkson Joins On Loan

FFS! Clarkson played very well and will be a great signing for us.

Shankland is a different type of player, he's still young and learning.

I shouldn't be surprised, but in a thread about Clarkson - a positive in a shite season - some folk still manage to have pops at Shankland (and Thommo).

I never understand the eagerness to find a negative.

I'm not exactly having a pop at Shankland by suggesting he's not a good outlet to hold play up. That's an indisputable fact really given how little of the ball we see in the opposition third. More along the lines that I feel Clarkson will compliment Shankland a lot of the time.

Shankland is a young guy learning his trade at a small club and some people are having a go at him.

There is no chance of him staying with us in a few years time he will be leading the line for Aberdeen

having gained experiance with us lot. Some of the posters on here are a f**king joke.

Shankland is a young guy learning his trade at a small club and some people are having a go at him.

There is no chance of him staying with us in a few years time he will be leading the line for Aberdeen

having gained experiance with us lot. Some of the posters on here are a f**king joke.

He won't be leading the line at Aberdeen. I'm willing to bet he'll end up at club like us or similar. Possibly in the SPL not definitely

He won't be leading the line at Aberdeen. I'm willing to bet he'll end up at club like us or similar. Possibly in the SPL not definitely

Agreed.

His biggest challenge is to conquer the mental beast.

After missing a simple header yesterday he did a Murray and beat himself up.

His head then dropped and he suddenly looked physically exhausted. I think that was partly a mental exhaustion.

He has ability and he knows where the goals are. He has a good level of skill... I just think he would benefit from some time with Andy Murray's coach.

I'm unconvinced with Shankland can score goals but the fact that he is still with us tells you that Aberdeen don't think he's good enough to play for them at the moment. I'm not convinced that he's good enough for us.

Agreed.

His biggest challenge is to conquer the mental beast.

After missing a simple header yesterday he did a Murray and beat himself up.

His head then dropped and he suddenly looked physically exhausted. I think that was partly a mental exhaustion.

He has ability and he knows where the goals are. He has a good level of skill... I just think he would benefit from some time with Andy Murray's maw coach.

Wouldn't we allshuriken.gif

ETA opps meant to sign in as Joe first

Edited by insaintee