FFS , We Are Gonnae Win The League

Not knickerwetting at all just an opinion.

The 3 previous years of the SPFL Championship winners have had 69, 91 & 81 points.

2nd & 3rd place have had 70 points 3 times 67 points twice and one on 66 points.

4th place teams have had 62, 60 and 55.

For us to match any of these totals we need to win a minimum of 15 games drawing around 10/11 losing no more than 10.

Just do not see us being undefeated in around 25 out of 36 going on our 4 performances so far.

Feel free to bring this up anytime during the season

We will see mate , will put my opinion out there after the first quarter. My feeling is we will see a different St Mirren starting this Saturday.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Dundee United, Hibs and Dunfermline will all finish above us. We are looking again at a 4th to 8th place finish with, Raith, Falkirk, Morton and QotS.

What the hell have Dunfermline done that makes you think they will be in the top 3 .

56 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Unlikely we will make the play off spots, the squad is just too thin.

Perhaps, if we are still in contact with the top 4 at the new year, there might be a roll of the dice in the form of new players to augment the squad.  That might give us a chance but right now, with this squad, we are maybe going to be 5th or 6th

So what you are saying is this squad is no better than last season what a load of pish.

1 minute ago, elvis said:

So what you are saying is this squad is no better than last season what a load of pish.

No, that is what YOU are saying.  I'm only expressing an opinion, so no need for the needle.

Some of the dross has gone, some better players have arrived, but not enough quality-especially in midfield.  We are also reliant on the likes of John Sutton, who has run hot and cold at almost every club he has been at.  A good enough player, he is knocking on a bit now and was never the fastest.  He goes off the boil a bit.   Webster will only perform for a short period, then he will fade. 

A better squad might do a little better overall, but will not necessarily take our league standing forward

23 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Dundee United, Hibs and Dunfermline will all finish above us. We are looking again at a 4th to 8th place finish with, Raith, Falkirk, Morton and QotS.

Why are the so many doom merchants on here the league season doesnt start to this saturday but already people on here saying we wont do this we wont do that such and such will finish above us. No one but no one knows how the season will pan out once it kicks off i for  one have not paid any attention to what others have done with squads in our league as i dont care i only give a toss about st mirren fc and how we perform in the league. You claim dunfermline will finish above ourselves and falkirk to say the least what makes you certain of making a bold statement like that they looked well short against an average dufc on sunday.we have a better squad than we have had in a couple season and i have faith in our players and management team to believe in my opinon the top 4 will be in no particular order st mirren dufc hibs and falkirk. Thoae who want to come and say we will be out with certain positions before a ball is evwn kicked and we see how we settle down on the first quarter need to get behind the team or find another saturday afternoon gig.( just my opinion) before the slating starts 

1 hour ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

Why are the so many doom merchants on here the league season doesnt start to this saturday but already people on here saying we wont do this we wont do that such and such will finish above us. No one but no one knows how the season will pan out once it kicks off i for  one have not paid any attention to what others have done with squads in our league as i dont care i only give a toss about st mirren fc and how we perform in the league. You claim dunfermline will finish above ourselves and falkirk to say the least what makes you certain of making a bold statement like that they looked well short against an average dufc on sunday.we have a better squad than we have had in a couple season and i have faith in our players and management team to believe in my opinon the top 4 will be in no particular order st mirren dufc hibs and falkirk. Those who want to come and say we will be out with certain positions before a ball is even kicked and we see how we settle down on the first quarter need to get behind the team or find another saturday afternoon gig.( just my opinion) before the slating starts 

I don't really see that he is talking us down, we barely made a dent in the top 5 or so teams last season and we have added quality, but is it enough?

Dunfermline, I agree, are no cert to get ahead of us, but Utd, Hibs and Falkirk all have strong assets and the ability to add to their pool still further. I think people are being realistic rather than defeatist at this stage.

i am sure everyone will be happy to see an improvement on last season

33 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I don't really see that he is talking us down, we barely made a dent in the top 5 or so teams last season and we have added quality, but is it enough?

Dunfermline, I agree, are no cert to get ahead of us, but Utd, Hibs and Falkirk all have strong assets and the ability to add to their pool still further. I think people are being realistic rather than defeatist at this stage.

i am sure everyone will be happy to see an improvement on last season

And how is he not talking us down saying dunfermline will finish above us we can not use last season as a guide we had a manager yhat was inept to say the least had no plan A never mind a b or c option when AR came in his remit was to ensure safety first and foremost which was achieved. Dufc have not looked great so far or have hibs in all honesty nor falkirk or raith and as for the soap dodgers well we know what they are. We will cone good for saturday too many knickerwetters on here claimimg to be realistic when the league season has not even started no one knows how we will percorm or how any other team will let alone try and predict teams will finish above us 

3 hours ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

Why are the so many doom merchants on here the league season doesnt start to this saturday but already people on here saying we wont do this we wont do that such and such will finish above us. No one but no one knows how the season will pan out once it kicks off i for  one have not paid any attention to what others have done with squads in our league as i dont care i only give a toss about st mirren fc and how we perform in the league. You claim dunfermline will finish above ourselves and falkirk to say the least what makes you certain of making a bold statement like that they looked well short against an average dufc on sunday.we have a better squad than we have had in a couple season and i have faith in our players and management team to believe in my opinon the top 4 will be in no particular order st mirren dufc hibs and falkirk. Thoae who want to come and say we will be out with certain positions before a ball is evwn kicked and we see how we settle down on the first quarter need to get behind the team or find another saturday afternoon gig.( just my opinion) before the slating starts 

You stated above that you paid no attention to other teams then stated Dunfermline " were well short against an average Dundee United team on Sunday".

How do you know they were if you weren't paying attention?

You also say an "Average Dundee Utd team will finish in top 4".

As I stated above on a previous post to get to 1st - 4th in this league (going by previous 3 seasons you need minimum of 55 points for 4th and minimum of 69 for 1st) which roughly works out at 15 wins and 10/11 draws and defeats just to get 4th that sort of season is better than AVERAGE so anybody wanting top 4 better be unbeaten in over 25 games or they probably will end up outside the play offs.

To me if we get anywhere near 55 points will take some doing that is 13 more points than last season.

I will happily be proved wrong and I won't say I told you so if right.

My opinion on Dunfermline is based on there is always one team who surprises and in Higginbottom and Reilly they have 2 players who should be playing at a higher level and will win them games unfortunately I don't see us having any similar game changing players.

Rae has stated more than once that he is out and out 4-4-2 and haven't seem to have a plan B if that doesn't work.

2 hours ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

And how is he not talking us down saying dunfermline will finish above us we can not use last season as a guide we had a manager yhat was inept to say the least had no plan A never mind a b or c option when AR came in his remit was to ensure safety first and foremost which was achieved. Dufc have not looked great so far or have hibs in all honesty nor falkirk or raith and as for the soap dodgers well we know what they are. We will cone good for saturday too many knickerwetters on here claimimg to be realistic when the league season has not even started no one knows how we will percorm or how any other team will let alone try and predict teams will finish above us 

Lie down and breathe a little more slowly

It's only a discussion

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

You stated above that you paid no attention to other teams then stated Dunfermline " were well short against an average Dundee United team on Sunday".

As I stated above on a previous post to get to 1st - 4th in this league (going by previous 3 seasons you need minimum of 55 points for 4th and minimum of 69 for 1st) which roughly works out at 15 wins and 10/11 draws and defeats just to get 4th that sort of season is better than AVERAGE so anybody wanting top 4 better be unbeaten in over 25 games or they probably will end up outside the play offs.

To me if we get anywhere near 55 points will take some doing that is 13 more points than last season.

My opinion on Dunfermline is based on there is always one team who surprises and in Higginbottom and Reilly they have 2 players who should be playing at a higher level and will win them games unfortunately I don't see us having any similar game changing players.

Rae has stated more than once that he is out and out 4-4-2 and haven't seem to have a plan B if that doesn't work.

No i said i paid no attention to their squads of any of the teams i didnt say i never saw the game. Dufc were average on sunday but still had plenty to see dunfermline off. As for last season was a right off from almost day one to get as you say within 15 points of a needed total given our pre christmas efforys is somewhat remarkable as beforw mr inept( i know more than the fans left) it coyld have been 15 points from safety. AR is the man in charge and the management team and players have my support. As for higginbittom at a higher level championship is his level or more to so with the money he was offered. Fluffed it big time for both thistle and killie and thats coming from mates that follow both these teams. No team will need to win 25 games this season it will be a very tight league no run away teams for me 

But we won three out of four so I'm a bit bemused if you don't mind me saying by your post. Also the coke cola, sorry The Real Thing starts this Saturday . I get fans saying this was a cup competition for me it was about teams getting up too speed this stage in the competition . Other teams have got through to the extent round with less points than we have. We lost out by one goal. WE LOST OUT BY ONE GOAL .

But we won three out of four so I'm a bit bemused if you don't mind me saying by your post. Also the coke cola, sorry The Real Thing starts this Saturday . I get fans saying this was a cup competition for me it was about teams getting up too speed this stage in the competition . Other teams have got through to the next round with less points than we have. We lost out by one goal. WE LOST OUT BY ONE GOAL .

56 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

But we won three out of four so I'm a bit bemused if you don't mind me saying by your post. Also the coke cola, sorry The Real Thing starts this Saturday . I get fans saying this was a cup competition for me it was about teams getting up too speed this stage in the competition . Other teams have got through to the extent round with less points than we have. We lost out by one goal. WE LOST OUT BY ONE GOAL .

:zipit :zipit :zipit