Want to know what strength and bravery is?

stlucifer

Guest TPAFKATS

Great news. already she's much stronger than most would have expected. Still a long way to go as she says.I hope she continues to recover with the speed and strength she has demonstrated so far.

Sent fae ma fone

15 hours ago, stlucifer said:

This lassie shows us all up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-36914552

ETA, I was honestly nearly brought to tears here.

The country is full of people going through this and worse.

I cant put my finger on why so much media attention going to just one person makes me uneasy.

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I cant put my finger on why so much media attention going to just one person makes me uneasy.

Not difficult to grasp. There's an Olympics coming up next week and she was a sports person who won medals in big games and was therefore very fit, very active and very successful in her sport before the accident. It's a story, whereas if she'd been an accountant or ran a coffee shop, been a dentist or an economics expert like Dicko, it wouldn't have been a story.

57 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And all of them are real fighters. It doesn't make this young person any less brave and worthy of praise. Instead of suspicion perhaps you should look on her as a beacon for all those others.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

And all of them are real fighters. It doesn't make this young person any less brave and worthy of praise. Instead of suspicion perhaps you should look on her as a beacon for all those others.

Yeah there is the problem right there. You used the word suspicion which appears nowhere in my post and you also appear to think my unease is with the girl herself which it isnt. My unease is with the Dianafication of things like this. There is something very superficial about all this outpouring of emotion from people who dont even know her and a defensiveness against those who dont emote to the same extent. I am going to call it Fake because that is exactly what it is.

Edited by oaksoft

49 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Good idea. Ban the news, I say. That way nobody will get upset, offended, enlightened, informed or misinformed about anything at all outside of their own wee world. Sorted. :)

No need to ban the news. Just cut out all the "ah wuz near tears" pish for people we have never heard of. Can we not go back to a time when men had balls and a bit of decorum.

56 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Too selective. Ban all the news. Put on more, BB, Jungle and TOWIE like stuff (and only cover that stuff in the papers) and we can all vegetate away for the rest of our lives, oblivious to everyone and everything. Sorted. :)

You can do whatever you like I suppose. I havent watched TV for 9 years.

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You can do whatever you like I suppose. I havent watched TV for 9 years.

Apart from watching Top Gear of course..... Taken from your post on that thread...

"Just watched it on iPlayer. Thought it was pretty decent."

One must assume the correct conclusion is that you are just a shite alias who posts shite. Who'd have thunk it?

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Apart from watching Top Gear of course..... Taken from your post on that thread...

"Just watched it on iPlayer. Thought it was pretty decent."

One must assume the correct conclusion is that you are just a shite alias who posts shite. Who'd have thunk it?

Salmonbuddie beat me to it. iPlayer on computer and I dont even use that much. In a few months I might not have access to that either if they start asking for a licence.

Who would have thought that you would pile in with your usual rage and miss the target?

Is "impotent rage" the correct phrase to describe people like you?

Edited by oaksoft

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Salmonbuddie beat me to it. iPlayer on computer and I dont even use that much. In a few months I might not have access to that either if they start asking for a licence.

Who would have thought that you would pile in with your usual rage and miss the target?

Confirmed then. Shite alias posting shite. Fair enough. I'm guilty of posting shite too.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Why do you think Oaky is an alias? :blink:

Who the feck would want to be like him? :rolleyes:

Just stick him onto your massive ignore list, it'll just be you all by yourself soon. :lol:

Just one alias for me. TBH thats enough pish for any one poster. No idea why anyone would have more than one.

On 31 July 2016 at 5:27 PM, oaksoft said:

Snigger.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36942458