Betting Thread 2016 - 2017

faraway saint

Thought I would share what I have been doing this season to my fellow saints fans . After being an avid weekend acca man, I stumbled on betfair and smarkets as a betting exchange.
Since the start of the season I am more than 1k +.
My formula is.
Bet on any European match at less than 1.5 odds for a home win. 2 pound on a 0-0 score line and 10 pound for the game not to be a draw. Statistically most games with those odds will be a home win but away teams set up defensively so a 0-0 is best case (usually) for an away side. Home or away win, wins you 10 pounds. 0-0 breaks you evens. A draw will lose you around 50 quid. Statistically you will lose 50 quid for every 100 pounds you make. It's a slow process but will soon make a steady income. No guarantee but after 4 months trialling I am quite confident. I think long term even if you lose to begin you will be quids in.
Today I had 11 bets on and none of them were draws.
Oostende.
Brugge.
Arsenal
Man U.
Chelsea.
Man city.
Newcastle.
Bolton.
Sheffield Utd.
Bala town
TNS.
with no draw you get home and away.
Today I am 88 pounds up.
Good luck fellow saints. [emoji106][emoji106]

3 hours ago, Richie P said:

Thought I would share what I have been doing this season to my fellow saints fans . After being an avid weekend acca man, I stumbled on betfair and smarkets as a betting exchange.
My formula is.
Bet on any European match at less than 1.5 odds for a home win. 2 pound on a 0-0 score line and 10 pound for the game not to be a draw. Statistically most games with those odds will be a home win but away teams set up defensively so a 0-0 is best case (usually) for an away side. Home or away win, wins you 10 pounds. 0-0 breaks you evens. A draw will lose you around 50 quid. Statistically you will lose 50 quid for every 100 pounds you make. It's a slow process but will soon make a steady income. No guarantee but after 4 months trialling I am quite confident. I think long term even if you lose to begin you will be quids in.
Oostende.
Brugge.
Arsenal
Man U.
Chelsea.
Man city.
Newcastle.
Bolton.
Sheffield Utd.
Bala town
TNS.
Today I am 88 pounds up.
Good luck fellow saints. emoji106.pngemoji106.png

How much do you bet on the home win?

So, you're betting £12 plus whatever amount you put on the home win every game?

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

He said he puts £10 on the game not to be a draw. This would cover home and away wins, would it not?

I don't understand how a draw, I assume he meant score draw, can lose £50 from a £12 stake, though.

Needs further clarification before we become rich? :D

oops, silly me, yes, I can get even richer.

I love being rich. :clapping

Edited by faraway saint

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Don't you mean "richer"? After all, you are an oil sheikh, are you not? Or are you more like a milkshake? :)

I'm not a gambler, so I'm not familiar with how odds are generally offered on things like a game not to be a draw but ...

He said you win £10 if the game is not a draw, so you get back £22 on a £12 total stake, and you break even on a nil-nil draw, so you get back £12 on a £12 total stake.

So, he is saying that, for a game with less than 3/2 odds for a home win, you get 5/1 on a nil-nil (£2 stake) and 6/5 on the game not being a draw (£10 stake).

I think.

As I said, I'm not a gambler so I don't know if these are realistic odds or not.

I'm also assuming that 1.5 means 3/2, i.e. you win 1.5 times your stake (so you get returned 2.5 times your stake) and not that you get returned 1.5 times your stake (so you win 0.5 times your stake). If it's actually the latter then that would make 1.5 the same as 1/2, I think.

Hilariouzzzzzzzzzzzz. :snore

I'll look at this later, no time right now but, at first glance, you might be right. 

How much do you bet on the home win?
So, you're betting £12 plus whatever amount you put on the home win every game?

You don't bet on the home win.

On the exchange you are betting for it not to be a draw. You get the home and away win.

On the exchange you effectively become the bookie. If you bet 10 pounds on it not to be a draw at 4/1. You would pay out (lose) the 50 pounds if it was a draw.

The idea is to chose games that are heavily in favour of the home team and cover it with a 0-0.

For example a few months ago I had Ajax Gronigen not to be a draw. The game was 1/10 for Ajax win, against the draw was 12/1. Gronigen went down to 10 men after 20 mins and Ajax missed a penalty. The game ended 0-0 with these stats. Ajax 40 attempts at goal, Gronigen 0 attempts at goal. I had covered myself with a 3 pound bet on 0-0, which saved me a loss of 130 pounds.

You could do a dummy run to get the hang of it. Best day is a Saturday as there are loads of games with heavy home favourites.

If you look at Barca for example, I think they only drew 3 games all last season, not sure if any were nil nil but that would be about 35 wins to 3 losses.

1 hour ago, Richie P said:

You don't bet on the home win.

On the exchange you are betting for it not to be a draw. You get the home and away win.

On the exchange you effectively become the bookie. If you bet 10 pounds on it not to be a draw at 4/1. You would pay out (lose) the 50 pounds if it was a draw.

The idea is to chose games that are heavily in favour of the home team and cover it with a 0-0.

For example a few months ago I had Ajax Gronigen not to be a draw. The game was 1/10 for Ajax win, against the draw was 12/1. Gronigen went down to 10 men after 20 mins and Ajax missed a penalty. The game ended 0-0 with these stats. Ajax 40 attempts at goal, Gronigen 0 attempts at goal. I had covered myself with a 3 pound bet on 0-0, which saved me a loss of 130 pounds.

You could do a dummy run to get the hang of it. Best day is a Saturday as there are loads of games with heavy home favourites.

If you look at Barca for example, I think they only drew 3 games all last season, not sure if any were nil nil but that would be about 35 wins to 3 losses.

I had thought to give it a go with a lower stake to see how it goes.

I'll keep you updated. :thumbs2

Correct Score Group Betting.

9/2           Bromley to beat Sutton, 1-0, 2-0, or 2-1.

11/4         Wrexham to beat Southport, 1-0, 2-0, or 2-1.

21/10       Tranmere to beat Macclesfield, 1-0, 2-0, or 2-1.  and

7/4           Lincoln to beat Guiseley, 1-0, 2-0, or 2-1.

50p acca at 174/1

Not even close.

Edited by boomboomyards
Explanation of how good the bet was.

CSGB.

Reading to win,             1-0, 2-0, or 2-1.

Derby to win,                           "

Sheff Wed to win,                    "

Northampton to win,                "

164/1.

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:45 PM, Richie P said:

My formula is.
Oostende.
Brugge.
Arsenal
Man U.
Chelsea.
Man city.
Newcastle.
Bolton.
Sheffield Utd.
Bala town
TNS.
Today I am 88 pounds up.
Good luck fellow saints. emoji106.pngemoji106.png

I can't find "not to be a draw" on William Hill?

Is it only Betfair that offer this?

Just been on the Betfair site, as it's new it's shite but anyway, it doesn't seem to let you place small bets? (Under £1)

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, boomboomyards said:

Try skybet.

Tried Bet fair again, seems in this "exchange" £2 is the minimum bet?

Shove that up their arse, I was only wanting to bet small to try this out.

Closed the Betfair account, really find the site shite.

If that's the only way to try out Richies system I'm out.

Edited by faraway saint

Tried Bet fair again, seems in this "exchange" £2 is the minimum bet?
Shove that up their arse, I was only wanting to bet small to try this out.
Closed the Betfair account, really find the site shite.
If that's the only way to try out Richies system I'm out.

Try Smarkets Buddie. Minimum bet 5p only 2% commission on any wins.

BURNLEY                         WON 1-0

STOKE                              WON 3-1

ARSENAL                         WON 4-0

BIRMINGHAM                        0-0

EXETER.                          WON 3-0.

There's allways one.

Edited by boomboomyards

This evening I have two accumulaters

1) £5 to return £11.84

Liverpool to beat Plymouth (Liverpool score as I type)

Lazio to beat Genoa

and 

Benfica to beat Leixoes 

2) 61p to return £3.88

Newcastle to beat Birmingham (Newcastle 1 - 0 up)

Liverool to beat Plymouth

Southampton to beat Norwich

Lazio to beat Genoa

Real Madrid to beat Celta Vigo

and

Benfica to beat Leixoes

Edited by TediousTom

27 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

This evening I have two accumulaters

1) £5 to return £11.84

Liverpool to beat Plymouth (Liverpool score as I type)

Lazio to beat Genoa

and 

Benfica to beat Leixoes 

2) 61p to return £3.88

Newcastle to beat Birmingham (Newcastle 1 - 0 up)

Liverool to beat Plymouth

Southampton to beat Norwich

Lazio to beat Genoa

Real Madrid to beat Celta Vigo

and

Benfica to beat Leixoes

Bloody Wimbledon let me down last night for a 5 team Acca .