Jury Duty

El Gingero

More likely you will still be sitting around at 12 wondering what the f**k is going on.

Yep.

That's what happened to me. First case was a no show. It then took a fair bit of time before they were ready to start the second case and IIRC it was 2pm before they started drawing names for the jury. I wasn't selected and had to phone in all week before being off the hook.

I did jury duty on an attempted murder a few years back, 2 blokes were in the dock - 1 said it wasn't them and the other said it wasn't them but even if it was them then it was his pal that done it, not him. Needless to say we found them guilty.

4 hours ago, El Gingero said:

Got my first ever Jury Duty summons tomorrow. Wonder if I will get a juicy drugs case or be home for 12.

Anybody had any high profile cases that can be discussed?

Wife was summoned for jury duty. Turned up and was not pick, much to her relief.   

Did a high court case which started as 3 up for attempted murder in the Port. After 3 says of prosecution evidence 2 pled guilty of grievous bodily and the other walked. Total waste of time Called three times for Sheriff Court in Paisley. Each time I turned up in full working gear, suited and booted, picked each time until I stood up then objected to each time by defence. Worked for others I used to work with too.

Never been called for jury duty, but I did once attend an industrial tribunal as part of a course. A wee wifie from Johnstone claiming unfair dismissal. She'd been sacked from a chippy for smashing a bottle of vinegar over her boss's head. She lost..... ..

Guest TPAFKATS
Never been called for jury duty, but I did once attend an industrial tribunal as part of a course. A wee wifie from Johnstone claiming unfair dismissal. She'd been sacked from a chippy for smashing a bottle of vinegar over her boss's head. She lost..... ..

Just shows you the power that employers have over the workers.