Best Gerry Rafferty album ?

munoz

1 hour ago, shull said:

I always thought Gerry Rafferty was shite. 

Turned the radio over, whenever I  heard any of his tunes. 

Looked like and sounded similar to Hugh Keevins. 

Boring 

Interesting and informative . Cheers . 

All this nostalgia fired me up to download the hits of Rafferty & Stealers Wheel...................

Wish I hadn't bothered, nostalgia is best left in the past.

After 4 tracks, deleted. :thumbsdown

Well the fact your a fan of Take That and openly admit attending their gigs we totally understand why you would not enjoy Gerry Rafferty old yin.

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Well the fact your a fan of Take That and openly admit attending their gigs we totally understand why you would not enjoy Gerry Rafferty old yin.

There he goes again, can't get that music is subjective (look that up) and everybody likes different stuff.

Oh, Gerry Rafferty, he's down with the kids. :lol:

LOL

10 minutes ago, munoz said:

image.jpeg  Take That ? 

Comedy gold indeed .

Oh dear, you're really showing up your limitations................................never mind, takes all sorts, every village needs an idiot. :lol:

Always amusing that music snobbery arises every now and then on the forum. :rolleyes:

Just listening to Simon and Garfunkel................who knows what will be next on my playlist, I just love lots of music....................except Gerry Rafferty. :snore

Edited by faraway saint

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh dear, you're really showing up your limitations................................never mind, takes all sorts, every village needs an idiot. :lol:

Always amusing that music snobbery arises every now and then on the forum. :rolleyes:

Just listening to Simon and Garfunkel................who knows what will be next on my playlist, I just love lots of music....................except Gerry Rafferty. :snore

All joking aside , Take That though? 

Do you like their early period with gems such as "Take That and party" ? 

Comedy gold .

Bit of an improvement there always agreed cotton wool is good for clearing the lugs.

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I know I'm going to regret this but it seems to me you started it by suggesting GR's music was "best left in the past" - pots & kettles!

Why bother coming onto a thread like this to make negative comments?

Saw GR turn up unannounced and perform a coupla songs at The Silver Thread must've been in the late '70's but I'm satisfied with a Greatest Hits CD.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Have bought plenty vinyl albums from attached web site that traders from around the world sell there music on CD's also.

Just checked there are 3 Joe Egan albums available for sale by quite a few dealers.

Should add anything I have bought was received as advertised 

https://www.discogs.com/artist/610202-Joe-Egan

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have bought plenty vinyl albums from attached web site that traders from around the world sell there music on CD's also.

Just checked there are 3 Joe Egan albums available for sale by quite a few dealers.

Should add anything I have bought was received as advertised 

https://www.discogs.com/artist/610202-Joe-Egan

I'll check out his solo stuff soon . The only material I've heard from Joe Egan is the stuff he did with Gerry .

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I know I'm going to regret this but it seems to me you started it by suggesting GR's music was "best left in the past" - pots & kettles!

Why bother coming onto a thread like this to make negative comments?

Saw GR turn up unannounced and perform a coupla songs at The Silver Thread must've been in the late '70's but I'm satisfied with a Greatest Hits CD.

I commented on this thread as, as you conveniently omitted, I downloaded an album of Rafferty & Stealers Wheel. My view that some things are best left in the past is far from the views posted on my musical taste. I would have thought that was obvious, seems I was wrong. I'll leave the music experts to agree with each other.:booty PS I never knew negative comments weren't allowed, me sorry. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

7 hours ago, munoz said:

All joking aside , Take That though? 

Do you like their early period with gems such as "Take That and party" ? 

Comedy gold .

As I said, you're making an arse of yourself, selective choices are a sure sign you're not very bright. It's ok, you are in good company, try Lochwinnoch, they need a new village idiot. :lol:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I commented on this thread as, as you conveniently omitted, I downloaded an album of Rafferty & Stealers Wheel. My view that some things are best left in the past is far from the views posted on my musical taste. I would have thought that was obvious, seems I was wrong. I'll leave the music experts to agree with each other.:booty PS I never knew negative comments weren't allowed, me sorry. :lol:

Is that a promise?

Edited by Bud the Baker

On Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 9:21 PM, oscar said:

Difficult one!!

I'm split between City to City and Night Owl

I just love "Right Down The Line" so I guess City to City just edges it.

Steve Wright has just played "Right Down The Line."

It really is a beautiful song.