BBC African Footballer of the year.

Callum Gilhooley

These are last years figures : There is one more African player this year.

http://www.espnfc.com/english-premier-league/story/2558407/premier-league-has-most-nationalities-in-europe-top-leagues

My point is why is Africa singled out for a special award ?  Look at what the french & Spaniards alone have contributed since the inception of the Premier league / Premiership and continue to do.

Where do you stop ? The BBC Benelux  player of the year ?  The BBC Pan-asian under 20s female left back of the year ?  I`m being flippant i know but as i said , where do you stop ?

12 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

These are last years figures : There is one more African player this year.

http://www.espnfc.com/english-premier-league/story/2558407/premier-league-has-most-nationalities-in-europe-top-leagues

My point is why is Africa singled out for a special award ?  Look at what the french & Spaniards alone have contributed since the inception of the Premier league / Premiership and continue to do.

Where do you stop ? The BBC Benelux  player of the year ?  The BBC Pan-asian under 20s female left back of the year ?  I`m being flippant i know but as i said , where do you stop ?

Very Interesting and informative thread

Given it was August 12th 2015 the article quoted was from this would be the 23

Ikechi Anya

Phil Bardsley

Charlie Adam

James Morrison

Allan McGregor

Robert Snodgrass

Shaun Maloney

Andrew Robertson

Steven Fletcher

Liam Bridcutt

Stephen Kingsley

Jay Fulton

Botti Biabi

Oliver McBurnie

Matt Ritchie

Darren Fletcher

Stephen Naismith

Graham Dorrans

Stephen Whittiker

Alan Hutton

Barry Bannon – left Crystal Palace Aug 31st

Chris Kettings – loaned out 14th August

James McArthur

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Guest TPAFKATS
Hull have 4, Stoke 2, Bournemouth 2, Swansea 1, Sunderland 1, Burnley 3 ....... Nope stuck!!!

Is it not because the BBC have the rights to the coverage of African football and because most of Africa look to the BBC for unbiased coverage of their football?  After all, most of Africa used to be ours, don't y'know!!

Yes, I think it's to do with the BBC coverage of African Cup of Nations. Aside from the Euros and World Cup which are still legislated to not be on pay per view, I think this is just about the only tournament they provide the majority coverage for.

1 hour ago, tony soprano said:

Yes, I think it's to do with the BBC coverage of African Cup of Nations. Aside from the Euros and World Cup which are still legislated to not be on pay per view, I think this is just about the only tournament they provide the majority coverage for.

SPOT ON - There has been some criticism that most of the winners or nominees come from sports covered and therefore sold by BBC