The Lawn Tennis Thread

shull

Would he f**k he's shit now should have quit ages ago.
So everyone below him in the rankings must be shit then and should chuck it.

As Cookie has shown, he's still beating most professional tennis players he plays, never mind anyone else, so I stand by my claim that he would still beat most people at tennis.

He just got beat of a guy who mostly plays doubles for f**ksake he's lucky to get past the second round in most tournaments he plays now getting beat of guys he wouldn't have seen in his way before it is way past retirement  time .

He just got beat of a guy who mostly plays doubles for f**ksake he's lucky to get past the second round in most tournaments he plays now getting beat of guys he wouldn't have seen in his way before it is way past retirement  time .
And that children is why you shouldn't masterbate so much.

For a wee bit of balance here this is Murray's least favoured surface, he's just back from a long break so I wasn't expecting too much and Medvedev was waiting in the next round, although Murray did give him a great game the last time they met. 

There's no point trying to reason with elvis, he's thicker than thick mince, NEVER appreciates the opposition, either in football or tennis, it's always the same basic "shite" type posts.

It's hard to believe anyone can be that stupid but he proves it time and time again.

How he get's through life is a real wonder, thank god for velcro shoes for starters. 

He lost to a professional tennis player. If he had lost to a professional sumo wrestler, now that would have been embarrassing. Possibly still earned as much this week as most on here do in a year.

12 hours ago, Slarti said:

So everyone below him in the rankings must be shit then and should chuck it.

As Cookie has shown, he's still beating most professional tennis players he plays, never mind anyone else, so I stand by my claim that he would still beat most people at tennis.

Like who, the local binmen? :lol:

1 minute ago, Slarti said:

I always leave that to you.

More shite.

Let me try to explain.

The term "shite" is perfectly acceptable to use when watching any sport as it is competition between people or teams in the same league or competition.

Sportsmen/women are generally pitting themselves against a similar standard.

I don't think anybody said he was shite because he wasn't In the "elite of the elite". 

Quite why YOU brought in Murray would beat a Sumo wrestler or "most people" is utterly bizarre, although that's not unusual for you. 

This is all subjective, something you say you avoid as it's pointless in the match day threads. :lol: 

This is my last post with you on this subject, it's well documented you'll pour over every word, deny that's what you meant etc etc. :snore 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

More shite.

Let me try to explain.

The term "shite" is perfectly acceptable to use when watching any sport as it is competition between people or teams in the same league or competition.

Sportsmen/women are generally pitting themselves against a similar standard.

I don't think anybody said he was shite because he wasn't In the "elite of the elite". 

Quite why YOU brought in Murray would beat a Sumo wrestler or "most people" is utterly bizarre, although that's not unusual for you. 

This is all subjective, something you say you avoid as it's pointless in the match day threads. :lol: 

This is my last post with you on this subject, it's well documented you'll pour over every word, deny that's what you meant etc etc. :snore 

"The term "shite" is perfectly acceptable to use when watching any sport as it is competition between people or teams in the same league or competition.

Sportsmen/women are generally pitting themselves against a similar standard."

"Shite for this level" or "shite compared to ..." are perfectly acceptable, but just saying "shite" shows a complete lack of understanding of what it takes to compete at the elite level of any discipline - or maybe just pure jealousy.

---

"I don't think anybody said he was shite because he wasn't In the "elite of the elite". "

No, they never, I was paraphrasing, hence I never said "shite".  The exact phrase that was used was "Once again an absolute embarrassing performance from Murray".  The fact that he was in the "elite of the elite" but is now only in the "elite" must mean that his performances are truly embarrassing, eh?

---

"Quite why YOU brought in Murray would beat a Sumo wrestler or "most people" is utterly bizarre"

I think it would be quite apparent, to anyone who is able to follow a conversation, why I said those things.

---

"This is all subjective, something you say you avoid as it's pointless in the match day threads."

It's not subjective at all.  There are about 8bn people in the world and he is ranked at 52.  There doesn't appear to be a single sumo wrestler anywhere in the ATP rankings (nor, it would appear, a ranked tennis player in the 5 ranks of the sumo Makunouchi division).

---

"This is my last post with you on this subject"

Aye, we'll see.

---

"you'll pour over every word, deny that's what you meant etc etc"

The problem is never (well, at least not very often) that I have said something I didn't mean, it's (normally) that the other person has misunderstood what I have written.  Clarifying what I have said, when someone misunderstands, is not the same as denying that's what I meant.  (Typos excepted, of course)

1 hour ago, Slarti said:

"The term "shite" is perfectly acceptable to use when watching any sport as it is competition between people or teams in the same league or competition.

Sportsmen/women are generally pitting themselves against a similar standard."

"Shite for this level" or "shite compared to ..." are perfectly acceptable, but just saying "shite" shows a complete lack of understanding of what it takes to compete at the elite level of any discipline - or maybe just pure jealousy.

---

"I don't think anybody said he was shite because he wasn't In the "elite of the elite". "

No, they never, I was paraphrasing, hence I never said "shite".  The exact phrase that was used was "Once again an absolute embarrassing performance from Murray".  The fact that he was in the "elite of the elite" but is now only in the "elite" must mean that his performances are truly embarrassing, eh?

---

"Quite why YOU brought in Murray would beat a Sumo wrestler or "most people" is utterly bizarre"

I think it would be quite apparent, to anyone who is able to follow a conversation, why I said those things.

---

"This is all subjective, something you say you avoid as it's pointless in the match day threads."

It's not subjective at all.  There are about 8bn people in the world and he is ranked at 52.  There doesn't appear to be a single sumo wrestler anywhere in the ATP rankings (nor, it would appear, a ranked tennis player in the 5 ranks of the sumo Makunouchi division).

---

Aye, we'll see.

---

"you'll pour over every word, deny that's what you meant etc etc"

The problem is never (well, at least not very often) that I have said something I didn't mean, it's (normally) that the other person has misunderstood what I have written.  Clarifying what I have said, when someone misunderstands, is not the same as denying that's what I meant.  (Typos excepted, of course)

Utter shite. :lol:

Stay away from sport, stick to what you're good at, being a crashing bore. :snore

This is my last post with you on this subject,

---
Aye, we'll see.
---

Utter shite. [emoji38]
Stay away from sport, stick to what you're good at, being a crashing bore. :snore

[emoji849]

On 4/27/2023 at 6:13 PM, elvis said:

Beaten by

and you might think about occasionally using one of these

On 4/27/2023 at 6:47 PM, Cookie Monster said:
On 4/27/2023 at 6:13 PM, elvis said:

And that children is why you shouldn't masterbate so much.

We all know he masturbates, the big question is how do you know how often he indulges?