We Will Finish 9th and Here's How We Do It.

Ronnie

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

No, "If the other team score 3, we will score 4".  Cause and effect.  What happens if the other team score 2, do we wait until they get a 3rd so we know to go and score 4?  Crazy plan, not much thought put into it at all, no planning for other eventualities, etc.  If the other team don't score 3, do we know what to do?  Now, if the plan was to outscore the opposition in every game, then that would be a plan, but limiting it to a specified amount of goals scored by the opposition is sheer madness I tell you, madness.

But could you imagine the excitement , instead of saying" Sack the manager" or the "Board must go", it would be " Wonder whose scoring next".

On 2/7/2017 at 8:00 PM, div said:

You give case in point of what a difference a few new signings and a win can do for a team.

Then tell us we've got absolutely no chance.

Oh well. May as well chuck it then.

QOTS made a few signings that make a big difference - 3 new players brought in to supplement what they already had against us. We have now signed 11. Slight difference. Our signings in January included goalkeeper, left back, a full back who can play on either side, a centre half, a utility player who can play defensive midfield or centre half, a central midfielder, a holding midfielder, a winger/striker, an out and out striker,  an attacking midfielder and another young striker / attacking midfielder.

I had hoped the OP was maybe going to plot out a feasible route to reaching 9th place or higher but it looks like their optimism is based on the fact we have made hunners of signings (many through linkedin). Most of the problems we had at the start of the window with our squad still remain: the senior pros who haven't shown any leadership and have under-performed all season: Langfield, Irvine, Webster, Clarkson.

On 2/7/2017 at 8:25 PM, stlucifer said:

Firstly. I don't think we will escape the drop but, who knows?

Faraway's point about past results is, quite frankly, pointless. (Nothing unusual there though). He is entitled to his say without undue ridicule. We have a brand new team. God only knows, if even he does, how that will pan out. Christ! For all I know we could go on a ten game winning streak. The opposition don't have a clue about our players. We don't have a clue either. I suppose we will need to pray to whatever deity/deities, (for those who believe in a polytheistic religion), or hope for luck for those atheist among us. While the past performances certainly aren't a guide to the future we certainly need to hope that the tactics employed vary due to the change in personnel.

Teams will have a fair idea about some of our January signings.., Dumbarton were happy to swap Todd for Gallagher. Todd played pretty much every game for them but has 1 subs appearance since signing. Dundee United know Cammy Smith inside out as well and he has played against most teams in the league. Rory Loy likewise will not pose many surprises for Championship teams as many players and managers have also pitted their wits against him at this level already. I'm sure Stephen McGinn and Ecksersley will be well known to players and management teams as well. So our surprise factors will be Storie (you'd imagine a lot of Championship managers would have had a look at Aberdeen U20s), Billy The Fish in goals, the Cypriot full back, big Pal, Harry the central defender and who knows how often they'll feature.

When you make 11 new signings in 1 month it suggests there will be a lot of chopping and changing over the next month trying to find the right blend for the team mixing in a few players from the pre-January squad and Ross's new signings. I don't think we are set to have a settled squad who will go on a winning run.